Confused about new expac and future content

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Shi.7021

Shi.7021

I’m a little confused.

So if i buy a stand alone PoF (without HoT) i can play core stuff and PoF stuff. That means none of the current raids or the legendary journey for the current legendary weapons?

Also if i don’t buy PoF and stay with HoT i woun’t be able to play any future raids or LS4?

Can someone help me out?

Posted by: OnizukaBR.8537

OnizukaBR.8537

You cant play hot content, it means W1-4 of raids, all LS3 maps, and HoT maps. Glide and HoT elites.
You can play with PoF new PoF maps, LS4, new raids that comes after PoF launch ( probably only after LS4 epi 1 the earliest ), Mounts and PoF elites.

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

If you already have HoT, you do not need to buy it again.

However; if you are a new customer, if you buy PoF, you do not get HoT or any of its features. You’d want to include HoT in the bundle at check out to get it.

If you buy HoT, you do not get PoF and none of its features which includes Season 4.

SBI

Posted by: Shi.7021

Shi.7021

thx for the clarification. much appreciated

Posted by: Panda.1967

Panda.1967

Considering the fact that I was able to start LS3 beforw I bought HoT… you will still get access to LS4 even without PoF… you will not however, get access to PoF raids or legendaries.

Please stop assuming I’m a guy… I am female.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Considering the fact that I was able to start LS3 beforw I bought HoT… you will still get access to LS4 even without PoF… you will not however, get access to PoF raids or legendaries.

We cant be sure of that since the 1 box model is gone maybe the unlock lw story episodes without new expack is aswell.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

You shouldn’t have been able to start LS3 without HoT, yes you could unlock the episodes and add them to your account by logging in but in order to actually play them you’re supposed to require HoT.

I also can’t imagine trying to do anything in Bloodstone Fen, for example, without the Gliding and Mushrooms Masteries, the fall just getting out of the airship would kill you.

I believe that LS4 will similarly require PoF, you will be able to unlock them by logging in when they’ve been added but you won’t be able to actually play the episodes without PoF.

Edit: also I don’t believe there are PoF Legendaries planned, Mike O’Brien said that they will finish the HoT legendaries in upcoming LS releases and those will only require HoT to complete.

(edited by Pifil.5193)

Panda.1967

Edit: also I don’t believe there are PoF Legendaries planned, Mike O’Brien said that they will finish the HoT legendaries in upcoming LS releases and those will only require HoT to complete.

I am 100% certain that there WILL be PoF Legendaries… it’s absolutely guaranteed to happen… Yes, they said they will be finishing the HoT Legendaries in upcomming releases that will only require HoT to release… however they made no mention of “having no plans for PoF Legendaries”. In fact it would be a mistake for them to NOT add any legendaries with PoF given the fact that they designed their expansion system to not require previous expansions… PoF can be played without ever owning HoT which means anyone who doesn’t own HoT but gets PoF would only have the core legendaries available to them which is quite clearly not intended. Players who only own PoF will have a set of PoF legendaries available to them as well. Will they be available at launch? Of course not… HoT Legendaries weren’t available at launch either… but by the time the next expansion is rolling out there will be a full set of PoF Legendaries just like there will soon be a full set of HoT Legendaries.

Pifil.5193

I am 100% certain that there WILL be PoF Legendaries… it’s absolutely guaranteed to happen… Yes, they said they will be finishing the HoT Legendaries in upcomming releases that will only require HoT to release… however they made no mention of “having no plans for PoF Legendaries”. In fact it would be a mistake for them to NOT add any legendaries with PoF given the fact that they designed their expansion system to not require previous expansions… PoF can be played without ever owning HoT which means anyone who doesn’t own HoT but gets PoF would only have the core legendaries available to them which is quite clearly not intended. Players who only own PoF will have a set of PoF legendaries available to them as well. Will they be available at launch? Of course not… HoT Legendaries weren’t available at launch either… but by the time the next expansion is rolling out there will be a full set of PoF Legendaries just like there will soon be a full set of HoT Legendaries.

Perhaps but I doubt it. For one thing, if they follow their current pattern of releasing one or two legendaries per LS episode and if LS4 is as long as LS3 then they’ll have just about enough time to finish the HoT legendaries during LS4.

If LS4 is longer than LS3 or if LS5 also releases during PoF then they may make more Legendaries, ones that require PoF. Or they may “skip” PoF and add some Legendaries for the expansion that follows that one, either way they haven’t mentioned Legendaries for PoF.

Panda.1967

Perhaps but I doubt it. For one thing, if they follow their current pattern of releasing one or two legendaries per LS episode and if LS4 is as long as LS3 then they’ll have just about enough time to finish the HoT legendaries during LS4.

If LS4 is longer than LS3 or if LS5 also releases during PoF then they may make more Legendaries, ones that require PoF. Or they may “skip” PoF and add some Legendaries for the expansion that follows that one, either way they haven’t mentioned Legendaries for PoF.

The remaining HoT legendaries are Longbow, Greatsword, Focus, Warhorn, and Dagger… It’s actually quite possible that some of them will be completed and released during the PoF pre-release event that’s coming up soon… if not all of them… While yes, they did say “during the next LS updates” they also said more recently that the HoT legendaries would all be completed in time for PoF’s release. and if LS4 runs after the events of PoF then we won’t be seeing LS4 for a while and I guarantee they won’t make people wait that long for the completion of the HoT legendaries.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

“The remaining HoT legendaries are Longbow, Greatsword, Focus, Warhorn, and Dagger… It’s actually quite possible that some of them will be completed and released during the PoF pre-release event that’s coming up soon… if not all of them… While yes, they did say “during the next LS updates” they also said more recently that the HoT legendaries would all be completed in time for PoF’s release. and if LS4 runs after the events of PoF then we won’t be seeing LS4 for a while and I guarantee they won’t make people wait that long for the completion of the HoT legendaries.”
You have no idea and you cannot ‘guarantee" Anet will not make people wait. You are entitled to you guesstimate, but based on on Anets’ record, there isn’t much you can trust that they say now.

Pifil.5193

The remaining HoT legendaries are Longbow, Greatsword, Focus, Warhorn, and Dagger… It’s actually quite possible that some of them will be completed and released during the PoF pre-release event that’s coming up soon… if not all of them… While yes, they did say “during the next LS updates” they also said more recently that the HoT legendaries would all be completed in time for PoF’s release. and if LS4 runs after the events of PoF then we won’t be seeing LS4 for a while and I guarantee they won’t make people wait that long for the completion of the HoT legendaries.

What PoF pre-release event? I missed that. I missed the announcement that the HoT legendaries would be finished before PoF too. Do you mean the upcoming open/beta weekends? Well, if the HoT Legendaries are finished before PoF then that’s great!

Yeah, it’s possible they will continue adding Legendaries after they finish the HoT Legendaries but I wouldn’t expect a set of PoF Legendaries. I mean there may be some Legendaries that require PoF (in fact, I think you’re probably right that there will be some) but I don’t think they’ll commit to producing another set of them. That’s a lot of Legendaries and the rate HoT legendaries have been released at is used as a stick to beat them far too often.

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

While yes, they did say “during the next LS updates” they also said more recently that the HoT legendaries would all be completed in time for PoF’s release.

I’d love a source for that, because the last word I’ve seen on legendaries is the Flashpoint AMA saying explicitly they would launch with LS4 but not require the new xpac. Seeing as there’s 6 legendaries left (you’re all forgetting Scepter in that list) that might fit if the new season is equal in length to last.