Confusion about Ultimate Edition

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

According to the news section it says “The Ultimate edition of the game includes all of the above in addition to 4,000 gems. The Ultimate edition will not be available as an upgrade and must be purchased as a full game package.”

Does this mean we cannot upgrade our current account with the Ultimate Edition and have to start with a completely new one?

Certified Gameaholic

Posted by: DocZed.6973

DocZed.6973

The Ultimate Edition only adds 4000 gems.
If you have everything previous, you’d just be getting gems at at heavy discount.

All 9 classes leveled and geared to 80!
Remnants of Hope [HOPE]: Tarnished Coast

circuitnerd.5863

If you have everything previous, you’d just be getting gems at at heavy discount.

I realize that, but the whole “The Ultimate edition will not be available as an upgrade and must be purchased as a full game package” part makes it sound like you can’t upgrade your current account and would have to start completely over with a brand new account.

Certified Gameaholic

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

It means it will not be available as an upgrade like digital deluxe / heroic edition is now in the game store ie. post launch.

Posted by: Antine.5017

Antine.5017

With The Ultimate Edition u can upgrade your account right away. It want be possible to buy it later as an upgrade in the gemstore, like the “Digital Deluxe Upgrade” from the normal GW2 game.

FSP – all classes – been there, done that
and all have a class-mate at the same level.
(WvW.r 10k – The first Dutch Diamond Legend)

(edited by Antine.5017)

Posted by: Shadow Phage.9084

Shadow Phage.9084

According to the news section it says “The Ultimate edition of the game includes all of the above in addition to 4,000 gems. The Ultimate edition will not be available as an upgrade and must be purchased as a full game package.”

Does this mean we cannot upgrade our current account with the Ultimate Edition and have to start with a completely new one?

No, you do not need a new account. It means you will not be able to upgrade a HoT Standard Edition or HoT Deluxe Edition to Ultimate Edition at a later date.

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

it means….

if you buy HoT standard edition, you can’t upgrade to HoT ultimate edition. if you want HoT ultimate edition, you have to buy it straight up. it has nothing to do with any pre-HoT content you already own.

– The Baconnaire

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

No you wouldnt, you’d get an additional character slot at €5 discount. That is all. The rest is fluff that no one need or want (ie mini crap etc).

That said, I cant see anything like this mentioned about the Ultimate version on the purchase page (or cart)? Where is the source for this info?

circuitnerd.5863

No you wouldnt, you’d get an additional character slot at €5 discount. That is all. The rest is fluff that no one need or want (ie mini crap etc).

That said, I cant see anything like this mentioned about the Ultimate version on the purchase page (or cart)? Where is the source for this info?

I got it from here https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-heart-of-thorns-is-available-for-pre-purchase/

Certified Gameaholic

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I got it from here https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-heart-of-thorns-is-available-for-pre-purchase/

Ah. I just looked at the purchase page, ignoring the news.

Guess it can be interpreted different ways, but I also guess they are talking about the Deluxe edition being available in the future as an upgrade from standard (just like how GW2 did it, maybe for gems). It would make sense that you need to buy Ultimate as is, otherwise you’d be buying gems by paying with gems.

Posted by: InStars.5643

InStars.5643

If I purchase Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Ultimate edition, will I get 4000 gems now or only after the GW2:HoT release?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

You should get them now, though some people are experiencing a delay. Mine showed up right away last night along with a mail containing the items.

I’m a little dubious because I know how readily I spend gems. I’m going to have to be careful to keep them banked as best I can in anticipation of cool new things when HoT launches.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

No, it means it will not be available later on as a gemshop upgrade (unlike HoT Deluxe, which will be available later as a upgrade to HoT basic version).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Headcase.4618

Headcase.4618

Here’s my question; Is the Ultimate Edition gonna be a limited time only thing for will it still be available post-launch?

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

You should get them now, though some people are experiencing a delay. Mine showed up right away last night along with a mail containing the items.

I’m a little dubious because I know how readily I spend gems. I’m going to have to be careful to keep them banked as best I can in anticipation of cool new things when HoT launches.

Did you also get the character slot?

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]