Cooldown or block for squad invite spamming?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Earlier tonight a player who tagged up in TD kept inviting me to squad even though I declined every time because I was already in a party with a guildmate and we wanted to stay private. I kept declining and asked him to stop, which resulted in him and another guy to spam invites throughout the entire Chak Gerent event. I blocked him and reported him for spamming.

I appreciate that he tagged up for the TD meta. I do not appreciate the invite spam. It is no one else’s business on why a player won’t join your squad.

I wish there were some mechanism to prevent such an annoyance. In hindsight, I should have tagged up over him so he couldn’t send invites anymore. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)

Posted by: FOX.3582

FOX.3582

I am with you that Anet should give us an option to block squad invites and maybe party invites in general (like all mmo’s I’ve played). But on the other hand, you could join the squad and make a subgroup for you and your party so you can still have private chat. A squad could offer the benefit that when a meta starts, you (and your party) could join quick, finish the meta and resume your business. You will have nice load and if you leave your subgroup to join the others for a minute you even share buffs with each other.

FOX…

What does the FOX say¿!

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

Yeah I hate getting spam invited to squads. And some people seem to get really kittened when you don’t join. It’s open world pve, it doesn’t matter at all, leave me alone.

Posted by: Bad Nursie.2876

Bad Nursie.2876

Please give us this option!

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Agree with the OP, there should be a “decline all invites” option like in other MMO’s, it can get really annoying in WvW when I’m running around and wanting to be alone and I constantly get spammed with raid invites, there has been times I’ve declined the same raid group 4+ times and on one occasion the invites would not stop until I whispered the raid leader and asked him to take away invite permissions from his group as someone in the raid was trolling me over and over and I had no idea who it was to be even able to block them.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I usually just create a commander-less squad.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Huh? What’s that and how do you do it?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Ayrilana.1396

Create a squad with a commander tag whether that be you or someone else. Have at least one other person in the squad besides the commander. Have the commander leave. This results in a squad without a commander. The commander can then rejoin without needing to tag up if they wish.

It’s just like being in a party except you can be in a squad solo if you wish. Everyone should be unable to invite you.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Create a squad with a commander tag whether that be you or someone else. Have at least one other person in the squad besides the commander. Have the commander leave. This results in a squad without a commander. The commander can then rejoin without needing to tag up if they wish.

It’s just like being in a party except you can be in a squad solo if you wish. Everyone should be unable to invite you.

Hmmmmm. That requires someone willing to do that for you (not always an option) or a commander tag.

You can also do that, or something like it, at a raid portal if you’re willing to leave the map where you are and go to LA. I went there and interacted with the portal and made a squad. I was able to wp to other PvE maps and to WvW and retain the squad. As far as I could tell, I wasn’t the commander as my name on the squad panel did not have the commander icon. No commander tag was over my name either.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

players being obnoxious and spamming you to do something you don’t want to do in pve?

i’m not sure i buy that. this is gw2, and this sounds more like something that would happen in a game that allows dueling. this is the #1 reason we don’t want dueling in this game. stuff like this could happen.

u must be thinking of some other game. maybe it was swtor?

Ayrilana.1396

players being obnoxious and spamming you to do something you don’t want to do in pve?

i’m not sure i buy that. this is gw2, and this sounds more like something that would happen in a game that allows dueling. this is the #1 reason we don’t want dueling in this game. stuff like this could happen.

u must be thinking of some other game. maybe it was swtor?

You’d be surprised. We used to do all of the meta events perfectly fine without being in a squad. Now people act as if it’s impossible and shun those that don’t want to be in one.