Corrupted Pale Tree

Corrupted Pale Tree

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: CaptainVanguard.4925

CaptainVanguard.4925

Something that interested me, I believe someone put a twitter link on all the concept art, I cant find it but id appreciate it if someone looked for it.

Among the art I saw a strange pale tree with Sylvari that had Drider like qualities aka: half-humanoid half-spider and a tree in the background that didn’t look very healthy.

Will we see our first taste of true Mordrem Sylvari and if so will they still be Sylvari or will they have a different name?

http://i.imgur.com/K8S0B3n.jpg

Found the pic (Edit)

I had this haunting thought, it appears these may be pod-lings of a dead pale tree.

Idea:

Music plays fear not this night, but its a haunted, twisted, corrupted version with the singers voice breaking, whispering, going mad with subtle Mordrem under tones.

Lament of the Pale Tree…

Possibly, Malycks?

(edited by CaptainVanguard.4925)

Corrupted Pale Tree

Posted by: pandorasbox.6340

pandorasbox.6340

It is interesting. I always suspected additional pale trees. The one we know can’t be the only one. The fact they are minions proves it. This pale tree may be the only good one.

The nightmare court itself may be the only Silvari from the pale tree we know who are aware of their true purpose as well. As of right now, I find no proof of that other then the nightmare being found in the dream, and the name nighmare court.

Corrupted Pale Tree

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

It is interesting. I always suspected additional pale trees. The one we know can’t be the only one. The fact they are minions proves it. This pale tree may be the only good one.

The nightmare court itself may be the only Silvari from the pale tree we know who are aware of their true purpose as well. As of right now, I find no proof of that other then the nightmare being found in the dream, and the name nighmare court.

One of the player stories proves there is more than one tree, but the Dream is exclusive to the Pale Tree. The Nightmare Court seeds chaos and dismay where ever they go for the fun of it. If you played the recent LS, there is no way that they know they were meant to serve the dragons. Only Caithe, The Pale Tree and Wynne know/knew

(edited by Zeivu.3615)

Corrupted Pale Tree

Posted by: pandorasbox.6340

pandorasbox.6340

Yes. I have played it. Fact is, they could have guessed. The dragon can commune with the Silvari, so it is not out of the realm of possibility that they could of guessed, and the dragon confirmed it.

As far as proof from player stories, I have not run into that story. I would imagine it would be level 10 or 20. I really don’t delete characters once I have made them to start over on a different story line. Thank you for the info.

I find being being proven wrong on theories, just as exciting as being proven right! This expansion may again prove to do more about what we know of the Silvari, and honestly the fact that we all know nothing about them day1 from when you first joined the game is exciting itself.

Corrupted Pale Tree

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

Looking at the concept art, I am reminded of the strange trees seen in the dryer parts of the Maguuma in GW1, and of the enormous stump that used to be in the center of Dry Top. Perhaps remnants of Mordremoth’s minion trees of 10,000 years ago? What is the source of the mordrem of the current cycle? I imagine some tree or trees already out there, growing mordrem wolves and such the way the sylvari tree grows hounds.