Could Town Clothes return as outfits?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

Not necessarily a HoT thing, but if this suggestion was ever taken on board, it would probably come after HoT, or with HoT, so I think ill put it in here.

I was flicking through old screenshots I got back at launch, and I noticed a character in the background of one of the shots, with a strange outfit on, and after a bit of research, I found it was one of the old town clothing sets that were removed in 2013, so I looked up the rest of them, and some of those outfits are very nice.

Is there any possibility these will return as purchasable outfits/skins in the gemstore? I think its an awful shame some of those skins that could be re-made into outfits are just unused models sat in the game code being unused.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

They are mostly still available but from the trading post now and in the form of tonics. Increasing rarity is driving up most prices but the most common one is still only a few copper. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Endless_Common_Clothing_Tonic

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tonic
Endless Casual Clothing Tonic
Endless Casual Hoodie Clothing Tonic
Endless Cherry Blossom Clothing Tonic
Endless Common Clothing Tonic
Endless Country Lace Clothing Tonic
Endless Designer Hoodie Clothing Tonic
Endless Dragon Emblem Clothing Tonic
Endless Khaki Clothing Tonic
Endless Layered Vest Clothing Tonic
Endless Leather Hoodie Clothing Tonic
Endless Ornate Clothing Tonic
Endless Riding Clothes Tonic
Endless Silk Brocade Clothing Tonic
Endless Striped Silk Clothing Tonic

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

The problem is the tonics for individual clothing pieces now also slap you with extra pieces you didn’t buy and can’t change. I used to mix the Casual Hoodie with Khaki Pants but now you can only wear one or the other mixed with truly hideous clothing pieces.

Just a flesh wound.3589

The problem is the tonics for individual clothing pieces now also slap you with extra pieces you didn’t buy and can’t change. I used to mix the Casual Hoodie with Khaki Pants but now you can only wear one or the other mixed with truly hideous clothing pieces.

Well, yah. I was mostly addressing the part where the OP said they were unused models sitting in the game code and he didn’t seem aware that the tonics were even a possibility.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

Even if you wanted to use the clothing tonic in all its unmixability, it still reverts if you walk through a portal or enter an instance.

Many of us would like to see the old “town clothes” come back as outfits— along with several town clothes outfits we have never been able to wear.

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

I wasn’t aware they were available as tonics, but it would be nice for them to just be made into real outfits, because in the form of a tonic, they revert when swapping zone, and they take up an inventory slot.

…Unless…DE makes an equippable Tonic slot like we have with miniatures.

Just a flesh wound.3589

I agree the tonics were a bad decision on ANet’s part. Another way they took a gem store purchase from buyers and made the purchase worth less. My preference would have been if they removed the use of the town clothes with the new wardrobe but had committed the resources into making each piece into armor. Probably that was too labor intensive as it would require making each individual piece into all 3 armor weights. It’s that part, the conversion of all those individual pieces of townsclothes into armor x 3 for each that makes me think this will never be done.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I’ve been asking for this since.. February.
Proof: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Tonics-to-Outfits-It-s-time/first

I’m hoping that if we get enough clamor for it, they’ll set someone on the conversion process and start making them available.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632