Crafted Spark and Zap

Crafted Spark and Zap

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Grover.8753

Grover.8753

A little bit of info for some……

I finished crafting Spark yesterday and have Tier 3 Zap unlocked. All prices were rounded up to the nearest silver (even Master Crafter supplies, i.e. Thermo, primordium, Coal, etc.) I did all the math at current TP prices (2:34AM PST) counting NO BUY ORDERS and only using INSTANT BUY prices so that the total would come out to the most expensive cost.

Spark Crafting cost : 616g 14s
Current Insta-buy : 815g 98s

Zap Crafting cost : 866g 08s
Current Insta-buy : 915g
Zap Tier 3 requires 1 Capacative Bottle which was cheaper to buy than to craft so I bought it instead of crafting.

If you want a complete and total break down I’ll post it. SOME precursors may be more expensive to craft than they sell on the TP due in fact to their lack of popularity but these pres ARE CHEAPER TO CRAFT THAN TO BUY. So all this nonsensical BS about precursor crafting is too expensive needs to stop. Not all precursors require the same material costs and their prices will fluctuate but I’m sure well see many more Sparks popping up on the TP. Remember the market still needs to settle so prices will change.

Edit: Only need 1 bottle

(edited by Grover.8753)

Crafted Spark and Zap

Posted by: BrandyBiscuits.2873

BrandyBiscuits.2873

how long did you take to craft?

Crafted Spark and Zap

Grover.8753

how long did you take to craft?

The crafting doesn’t take long at all. Maybe an hour. It’s all the running around and waiting for boss rotations. So not sure total time.

Crafted Spark and Zap

Posted by: Llethander.3972

Llethander.3972

Thank you for this.

Crafted Spark and Zap

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

If you want a complete and total break down I’ll post it. SOME precursors may be more expensive to craft than they sell on the TP due in fact to their lack of popularity but these pres ARE CHEAPER TO CRAFT THAN TO BUY. So all this nonsensical BS about precursor crafting is too expensive needs to stop.

600-800g is still too expensive, by several hundred gold.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Crafted Spark and Zap

Posted by: OanSur.4590

OanSur.4590

People were expecting a long gathering and exploring process that would take months to complete but wouldnt cost much gold. Instead we have yet another goldsink. Just another excuse to add more grind in this theoretically no-grindy game

Crafted Spark and Zap

Posted by: khesi.2786

khesi.2786

People were expecting a long gathering and exploring process that would take months to complete but wouldnt cost much gold. Instead we have yet another goldsink. Just another excuse to add more grind in this theoretically no-grindy game

If you don’t want to spend gold than whole crafting should take You that months of exploring and gathering so everything is ok you still have possibility to craft pre without spending gold it will just take a while to gather all materials.

Crafted Spark and Zap

Grover.8753

its only a gold sink if u make it that. There are a lot of players who can’t hold on to a lot of gold and get the hundreds they need to buy their precursor but they can easily craft a few things each day and gather what they need through simply playing the game. Everybody has this idea that having tons of gold is the only way to attain your legendary but its not. The collections give people something to work on overtime instead of dumping hundreds down the toilet. Note that none of purchases were ordered so prices can be +/- 100g . The majority of cost for Zap was from Deldrimor Ingots. If a player was able to craft one of these per day it would take him 75 days (2.5 months) to complete their precursor.

So farm it all yourself and it will take months and not a lot of gold to complete.

(edited by Grover.8753)

Crafted Spark and Zap

Posted by: MelGT.8326

MelGT.8326

Think of it like paying for something on credit over a period of months rather than one lump sum. I’m definitely one of those people that has probably had enough to buy multiple legendaries over my years of playing but never have a lot of gold at one time. As soon as I get to a couple of hundred I usually see a shiny on the TP that I impulse buy lol (scientific shield skin was the latest for a engineer I’m leveling with the Magitech armor that was also impulse bought through gold>gem conversion a while ago).

It may or may not be more expensive than straight up buying the precursor, and if you have enough gold to do that there’s little to no reason to do the collection unless it’s just for the fun. This way for people like me (and I’m sure I’m not alone, lack of restraint on the TP-wise) it will be something I can work towards and not lose progress on just because I caved in and bought another sparkly skin off of the TP!

Crafted Spark and Zap

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

its only a gold sink if u make it that. There are a lot of players who can’t hold on to a lot of gold and get the hundreds they need to buy their precursor but they can easily craft a few things each day and gather what they need through simply playing the game.
So farm it all yourself and it will take months and not a lot of gold to complete.

All those mats still cost the same amount of money. It doesn’t matter whether you farm it or buy it. If you farm it and use it, you’re losing out on money you could have made selling it. It’s called opportunity cost.

Crafted Spark and Zap

Grover.8753

its only a gold sink if u make it that. There are a lot of players who can’t hold on to a lot of gold and get the hundreds they need to buy their precursor but they can easily craft a few things each day and gather what they need through simply playing the game.

All those mats still cost the same amount of money. It doesn’t matter whether you farm it or buy it. If you farm it and use it, you’re losing out on money you could have made selling it. It’s called opportunity cost.

yes. everyone throwing around the phrase “opportunity cost” but opportunity cost would be not playing at all and just working a 2nd job to buy gold. because you can’t earn more gold playing than you would buying it. but not everyone plays to hoard gold. There is a slight difference between the words “goal” and “gold”. Those of you throwing around opportunity cost don’t care about crafting a legendary. Your only focus is profit.

(edited by Grover.8753)

Crafted Spark and Zap

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

OP: Nice work on that break down. Very cool. I think a lot of us are missing the forest for the trees though. The root of the problem is ArenaNet’s real world economy is tied to the in-game economy. As long as this is the case(and it will be the case until the game goes dark)high-end items will always be this way. They can not design the process to be some fun, involved, lore heavy, cutscene-laden, exciting thing to do because people way more people would actually do it and that means they wouldn’t sell as many gems for real money to people looking to get their precursors or $20 worth of gems to convert to gold to buy the last of their t6 mats.

So many of the games issues stem from their real world economy being tied to the in-game economy. It doesn’t behoove them to design rewards around actual content. It does benefit them financially to prey upon people’s gambling proclivities. Also, 2 outfits on the gem shop during week #1 of HoT. How many armor, weapon, and glider skins did they give you to earn in HoT for your $50+?

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Crafted Spark and Zap

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

A little bit of info for some……

I finished crafting Spark yesterday and have Tier 3 Zap unlocked. All prices were rounded up to the nearest silver (even Master Crafter supplies, i.e. Thermo, primordium, Coal, etc.) I did all the math at current TP prices (2:34AM PST) counting NO BUY ORDERS and only using INSTANT BUY prices so that the total would come out to the most expensive cost.

Spark Crafting cost : 616g 14s
Current Insta-buy : 815g 98s

Zap Crafting cost : 866g 08s
Current Insta-buy : 915g
Zap Tier 3 requires 1 Capacative Bottle which was cheaper to buy than to craft so I bought it instead of crafting.

If you want a complete and total break down I’ll post it. SOME precursors may be more expensive to craft than they sell on the TP due in fact to their lack of popularity but these pres ARE CHEAPER TO CRAFT THAN TO BUY. So all this nonsensical BS about precursor crafting is too expensive needs to stop. Not all precursors require the same material costs and their prices will fluctuate but I’m sure well see many more Sparks popping up on the TP. Remember the market still needs to settle so prices will change.

Edit: Only need 1 bottle

Precursor prices on the trading post are manipulated by players and by Anet on the supply side and players on the demand side. You can grab a Rage cheaply but who wants an underwater legendary?

Precursor crafting designed to ensure those items remain as expensive as they are while at the same time reducing the amount of gold in the game (dungeon gold nerf) is shady imo. What a great thing Anet finally gave the player base after promising it would be in game in 2013 as part of the core game. We finally get it, and it’s smoke and mirrors, a shell game. Buyer beware.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ