Crafting New Stats is Un-Needly Tedious

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

You should be able to by the weapon recipe from the TP. As far as i can recall they aren’t account bound.

Posted by: Heimdallr.7021

Heimdallr.7021

For the armor I bought the recipes from the TP, they are quite cheap.

norn warrior

Posted by: Gandolfi.1507

Gandolfi.1507

Yassith’s Short Bow recipe is on the TP for 30 silver at present.

The rate limiting step I found is the fulgurites and obtaining enough obsidian to make 450 of them for an armour set. The auric dust, airship oil and ley line sparks have become relatively easy to obtain since the spring update.

Godrik Gandolfi – human warrior; Lucius Foestabber – charr reaper
The Path Least Travelled, Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Try waiting weeks to make celestial gears…. love that one charged crystal a day for absolutely no reason what so ever but to pad out the time to make it..

You know because i feel so rewarded when i make one piece after waiting a week…..

Nope i don’t..

Posted by: NotOverlyCheesy.9427

NotOverlyCheesy.9427

Never ever craft 4 stat ascended equipment. Craft vanilla ascended items and stat swap in the forge. Saves you a ton of money and effort.

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

Never ever craft 4 stat ascended equipment. Craft vanilla ascended items and stat swap in the forge. Saves you a ton of money and effort.

^ This +1000

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

^ This +1000

The original poster already knows this. He even said as much in his original thread, and advised others to do it that way over crafting it from scratch. But from the sounds of it, he wanted to make one the “normal” way as a change of pace after already making and transmuting one the “easy” way.

The fact that doing it that way is infinitely better than doing it through normal crafting is pretty dumb when you think about it, though. I really don’t see what the logic behind that was. It shouldn’t be so much more costly to craft a 4-stat gear weapon from scratch than it is to transmute one. To some extent, sure, its often better to craft the cheapest ascended item and transmute it even in the case of normal stat combinations (particularly the more expensive ones like Berserker). But with the new HoT combos the difference is far more skewed, which is silly.

That said, the issue definitely isn’t the recipes. They drop frequently enough (and are permanent drops) that just buying them from the TP is a perfectly reasonable way of acquiring them. Heck, its actually cheaper buying the recipe from the TP than the cost of a normal ascended stat combination through laurels if you consider them in terms of potential monetary value. The problem is the ridiculous amount of Linseed Oil and the random HoT ascended crafting mats you need to make even one ascended piece. Most of which are bypassed if you just make the insignia and stat-swap it in the forge.

Its really bad design, IMO. In an ideal world, they’d reduce the costs for the items dramatically but factor in the new materials in the inscription so that you aren’t able to just get around almost all of it through forging. Sadly, its more likely they’d just leave the cost alone and toss it all into the inscription, making them insanely expensive (comparatively) with any method, so silly as the current system is, its probably better now than it would be if it were fixed.