Crash on Mordremoth with 10% Health Left

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: CoffeeKid.2095

CoffeeKid.2095

After 10 different attempts on getting to a Dragon Stand map that had more than 3 people I finally did it. The problem is that with ~10% left on mordremoth the 32bit client crashed. Now I know we finished it or would have if the crash didn’t happen because there was plenty of time and it was very organized. When I came back into the game I am still in the squad and on the map I see others in my squad but when I click on them it says they are in another instance. I have no way to get back into my map. I suspect it will take me ~10 more times to get on another map for a second attempt.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

You are screwed. Just bad luck. A few tips, which made me doing this event every time I wanted with only one crash so far (out of 15-20 completions):

- check the timer here: http://dulfy.net/2015/11/09/gw2-hot-maps-timer-famme/ get on the map before the timer resets and make ready to get into a map via LFG tool, you will always find an organized group easily. Never had to look up ‘ten times’.

- use the 64-bit client: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/64_bit_beta_client

Problems solved, voilĂ .

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Seriously, the only time modemoth ever crashed for me was the first time I ran it (after we beat him none the less) when I was running the 32 bit client.

Install 64 bit! The only downside for me was my recording software had to change.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Posted by: Avarice.2791

Avarice.2791

The key with DS meta is to get on the map around 10 minutes prior to the meta beginning, as ProtoGunner said perfectly. Those timers are literally what helped me comprehend HoT instantly.

Posted by: Kerin.9125

Kerin.9125

After 10 different attempts on getting to a Dragon Stand map that had more than 3 people I finally did it. The problem is that with ~10% left on mordremoth the 32bit client crashed.

Use the 64-bit client.

You’ll see regular crashes in DS and other world events until you switch from the memory-constrained 32-bit client.

Posted by: Kerin.9125

Kerin.9125

The key with DS meta is to get on the map around 10 minutes prior to the meta beginning, as ProtoGunner said perfectly. Those timers are literally what helped me comprehend HoT instantly.

Except that’s not guaranteed either due to the fatuous “kick everyone off into other maps” mechanic.

Sure, you’re in a squad and you can use “Join in” BUT I’ve done that 30 SECONDS after the map respawned and got MAP FULL.