Crashing at final battle getting worse

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Countess Aire.9410

Countess Aire.9410

The devs need to fix the final battle in Dragon Stand totally unplayable. If this what is going we can expect when trying to complete the final battle this is becoming not worth the time or effort to even attempt. This needs to be addressed. It is ruining the game play for me. At this time I would NOT reccommend anybody to purchase HOT. Instead of worrying about the 10 percent the want to do PvP professionally and worry about the people the actually play the game this is more than unacceptable, Fix the issues that are causing the crashes. As this is has been a problem since release. Fix the crashing issues please.

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

Last two times i participated in the aforementioned final battle my client crashed, literally during the last seconds.
Not fun, ANet. -.-

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

Have you tried the 64 bit client? Despite its beta label, it has worked for many people, including myself

Posted by: Countess Aire.9410

Countess Aire.9410

Have you tried the 64 bit client? Despite its beta label, it has worked for many people, including myself

I already run it. Helps in areas other than Dragon Stand

Posted by: TheArtOfMouts.7468

TheArtOfMouts.7468

I just recently crashed at the end of Dragon’s Stand.
This is probably the worst gaming experience a game compagny can offer.

Posted by: Avarice.2791

Avarice.2791

This has never happened to me.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

If you’re crashing, you should post a crash log in tech support. You can further try to prevent crashing by restarting the client after entering the zone, at every start, and playing on lowest settings. You could also have some minor corruption, which upon loading a certain asset, will immediately crash. Use -repair for that.

If however you’re complaining about being disconnected/kicked, there’s not much you can do. The zone itself used to have problems, causing the instance to crash and kicking everyone in it. If it’s just you however, then it’s a connection problem.

Posted by: Wander.5780

Wander.5780

be careful guys, if you say anything about DS or the megaserver in a negative way, it may get you an infraction point! like what has happened to me twice now.

“doth protest too much methinks” -anet

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

Drastically reducing the graphic settings apparently solved the crash problem for me; shaders high→medium, shadows→off, character culling→medium, etc.

Performance was also fine with the previous more demanding settings. Never ran into this problem before patch 2016-02-23.

Btw: would be a nice QoL feature to have multiple own presets to switch between.

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

Posted by: Ciscoduck.8423

Ciscoduck.8423

Did they ever fix the map will close in 1 hour thing? That is where Dragon Stand didn’t have enough people then many were taxi’d in just to close before you could finish?

I had crashing issues too but found it was my video card getting too hot. You need to take them out of the computer and blow them out. Just cleaning my case monthly wasn’t enough. Also, like the processor, clean the old thermal compound out and applying new between the video card chip set and heat-sync is a good idea occasionally.

Attachments:

(edited by Ciscoduck.8423)