Crazy damage

Crazy damage

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Omega Zoa.3859

Omega Zoa.3859

I don’t mind the enemies being more difficult with better AI but when it’s 5k,5k,5k,5k in quick succession despite dodging, using blocks, running away…. it’s just kind of over the top. Like those Mordrem Snipers during the story and their rapid fire. Or the Vet Shadow things where you cannot run from them. It doesn’t make it fun. It just makes it irritating.

Please don’t nerf them..snipers you gotta keep a eye on and use your dodges WHEN they fire their crazy damage attacks, Vet shadows? i assume you talking about those guys who can shadow step…just keep them out of their mist fields and kill them, simple, learn and adapt.

“Might makes Right” – the ability to commit an act is sufficient justification to do it.

Crazy damage

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Actually as long as you have some choice to overcome the damage i see it fine.
You get 5K damage because you are using glass cannon build. I think is time to put some toughness there, i’m with the reaper (light armor) and 2.6K don’t get more than 3K damage by impact.

I hate i hit once and you are dead and there is nothing you can do like bosses though. that’s a very lazy way to design changeling content.
But the snipers were fine, if the crank up the AI to how it was in the BW1.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Crazy damage

Omega Zoa.3859

I don’t mind the enemies being more difficult with better AI but when it’s 5k,5k,5k,5k in quick succession despite dodging, using blocks, running away…. it’s just kind of over the top. Like those Mordrem Snipers during the story and their rapid fire. Or the Vet Shadow things where you cannot run from them. It doesn’t make it fun. It just makes it irritating.

Please don’t nerf them..snipers you gotta keep a eye on and use your dodges WHEN they fire their crazy damage attacks, Vet shadows? i assume you talking about those guys who can shadow step…just keep them out of their mist fields and kill them, simple, learn and adapt.

When there’s multiples of them though and you’re out of dodges and you have no heal skills left it makes it really aggrivating. It doesn’t matter if you’re standing in the mist field either. If you’re out of it, still can’t hit them. I don’t mind them doing the annoying teleport but when it kills half your life in 1 attack, that’s just dumb.

Weird, I am full glass, ele, and i never ran into a problem with the snipers, sure i took alot of damage but i manage the encounter(unless i do not see the sniper targetting me among the horde of enemies then i might die while taking the bulk of the attack, but still not a problem), and as for the mist field problem you having, i just end up kiting/dodging them until the mist effect runs out and then they die like paper.

“Might makes Right” – the ability to commit an act is sufficient justification to do it.

Crazy damage

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

When there’s multiples of them though and you’re out of dodges and you have no heal skills left it makes it really aggrivating. It doesn’t matter if you’re standing in the mist field either. If you’re out of it, still can’t hit them. I don’t mind them doing the annoying teleport but when it kills half your life in 1 attack, that’s just dumb.

I’m sorry to say this because i learn to hate this expression because of it’s misuses but yours it’s a genuine problem of L2P (learn to play).
in your case:

• you waste your dodges using them when they are not needed. Dodges are not to be used at any time, not even when you are taking damage.
  • You put yourself in a strategically bad situation. If you run to the middle of the enemy zerg without escape plan your dead is on you, and only on you.

Like this poster put in a very wise way: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Crazy-damage/first#post5456548

You need to learn to play smarter not to put yourself n tight spots and learning to equip and use defensive skills. Plus forget zerker meta gear that is proven is not for any play style just for ele meta zerk.

However this new mobs are completely dumb and predictable. I can not understand how you let them hit you so many times.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Crazy damage

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Try using CC. They are perfectly fine you’re just not playing properly.

Crazy damage

Posted by: Soleiya Starbow.7013

Soleiya Starbow.7013

Um, guys? The OP was just giving his feedback on the BWE, like all the rest of us.

You can disagree with him, and that’s fine, but it’s really not cool to jump all over him and assume he can’t play just because his opinion is different than yours. You know nothing about his build, what class he’s running, or even what part of the BWE content he was playing when he posted this feedback.

The devs will weigh all the feedback they receive, not just one side.

Crazy damage

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I don’t think damage is a problem.

What’s a problem is how it’s not telegraphed properly. The animations and indications of an ability are so slight.

On humanoids it is actually quite difficult to see because of all the particle effects going around, and we still don’t have an effect culling option in the game to make meleeing less of an eyesore.

Crazy damage

Omega Zoa.3859

Um, guys? The OP was just giving his feedback on the BWE, like all the rest of us.

You can disagree with him, and that’s fine, but it’s really not cool to jump all over him and assume he can’t play just because his opinion is different than yours. You know nothing about his build, what class he’s running, or even what part of the BWE content he was playing when he posted this feedback.

The devs will weigh all the feedback they receive, not just one side.

We are not jumping all over him….we are trying to help him out, give advice, if everyone followed “feedback” well…..lets just see this game would be like rift 1.1, where they nerfed the warrior so kitten the first patch it literally became the worst class. All because of “feedback”

I mean…ask yourself…do you REALLY want everything to be like in the core game? mindless and 2 hittable, and pose NO challenge? i mean really? HoT finally offers us a challenge, yes it is difficult in some places, but once you learn and adapt, it is doable and a challenge, and most importantly, fun.

(edited by Omega Zoa.3859)

Crazy damage

Posted by: BIGHARSHNESS.3510

BIGHARSHNESS.3510

I prefer the difficulty, otherwise the area would get as boring as the core game’s open world. The chain events don’t melt down super fast and there are a lot of champ bags rewarded for the more difficult content. I think everything is in a good place as it is.

Crazy damage

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

As long you play in a group, use buff items , have lots of boons on you what comes automaticall from playing in a group, especially lots of passive buffs thaz come from banners and aoe buff traits, as logn you use al that and stay together, is the map a piece of cake still.

But compared to BWE has the map turned out now to be a real pain in the kitten for anyone solo roaming, because solo you don’t have access to all these buffs that keep you easily alive, nor the dps to kill off the masses of enemies quick enough before they can overwehelm you with their high damage outputs that are even with soldier equipment high enough to get killed quickly… because you may also not forget, that condition damage currently is absolutely insane, especially burning and torment.

anet also seems to have increased over BWE1 the enemy density of the map, i can’t remember to have seen so many enemies on the map at BW1, especialyl those mount enemies and they added also new some tribes of itzels that are enemie,s which weren’t in the game before at BWE1…so its clear, that the combat experience between BWE1 and BWE2 is now a completely different one.

I think after the last day of testing, that these changes have somethign good and something bad at the same time.

Bad:
If you play solo, be definetely prepared to eat now more oftenly the dust
The Map Design practically wants you to play it in a group or zerging, if you want to do the content in it smoothly (thats not really bad, but it kind of feels negative for anyone who likes to roam around solo, being that way more independent, but I cold yesterday test only with silly pre given exotic stuff, not with my real character, so my experience on the map might be later with my real character completely different )

Pro:
This map is definetely not with the DPS Meta in mind designed now, but with builds, that are more defensively and support orrientated.
This just shows, that Anet tries to make build diversity more valuable and that you need also to adapt your build to the map, instead of blindingly using everywhere just always the same builds and moving everythign to death that way without any problems.
In general are all the enemies alot more dangerous due to better AI and challenging skill mechanics, than everything we had before in PvE maps. Enemies, that finally use also mobility to avoid beign hit for example via shadow steps/stealth just to call an example.

Sure, theres naturally alot of finetuning to be made still, but the direction of making hot more challenging than anythign before has done Anet already definetely.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Crazy damage

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I don’t know, I think they’re fine on their own, and even in small groups, but when you have huge scaled up events with dozens of players and these yahoos are running around with their one-shots and “burn you down in a second” moves, the chaos makes it less reasonable that you’re to actively dodge their effects, particularly when they don’t offer great tells.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Crazy damage

Posted by: dukedim.9132

dukedim.9132

Weird, I am full glass, ele, and i never ran into a problem with the snipers, sure i took alot of damage but i manage the encounter(unless i do not see the sniper targetting me among the horde of enemies then i might die while taking the bulk of the attack, but still not a problem), and as for the mist field problem you having, i just end up kiting/dodging them until the mist effect runs out and then they die like paper.
[/quote]

The sniper Burst is awful, but as said here is manageable, provided your not facing numerous snipers. Getting zapped by three snipers at 5k all in a second is pretty much a “Help me please” situation. Exept on rare occasions, mobs in HOT come in groups of a couple of hundred so damage mitigation is really not an issue, If you don’t have a group of 10 or so people forget it. If your solo, rez and run back. Which brings up another question, Why do mobs continue to attack you after you die? Should they loose agro when your dead body falls to the ground? What exactly is the point of having downed skills if the mobs beat you to death then stomp your corpse into the ground?

Crazy damage

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Yeah I felt the same, the ele elite spec seemed awfully handy against these enemy who melted in a few second.
I think people should try a bit some rampager gear against these mobs. Mordrems/toad feel terribly weak against condi damage and extremely rubbish against critical hits.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.