Create a Legendary!

Create a Legendary!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

So, I was thinking today about potential legendaries and as a Necro I cant be more excited for the ability to use a greatsword. While I was sitting here super hyped I was thinking about a reaper themed greatsword. I thought it would be fun to make my own dream legendary and was curious if any of you had any fun legendary ideas.

The name would be “Afterlife”

The special effect would be blue colored souls swirling around the blade. When you killed something the same sort of blue soul would be sucked into the blade. When the blade is drawn it would have a few souls trying to escape and then they would be pulled back into the blade because… no escape. The hard part was figuring out what fun ground affect would trail behind the wielder of this blade. My idea for this would be a trail of dead and dying grass almost as if the grass died beneath your feet as you walked. Thats my idea for my dream legendary, what are yours?

Create a Legendary!

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Really good concept…except it is too specific to one class. I would also add screams to the souls tho for added horror.

Not sure about my own legendary. Maybe a bow formed from the bodies of writhing snakes like Kraitkin (one of my fav legendaries), where the arrows are either poison spat from the mouth of a snake, or the projectile is carried on serpentine wings.

Create a Legendary!

Posted by: none.9681

none.9681

A disco ball on a stick. Nothing’s more legendary than that.
Oh wait…

Create a Legendary!

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

Points at Phantasy Star Online’s rare weapons.

I want those.
Or as close they can get without legal trouble

I needs my Bringer’s Rifle.
Or Heaven Punisher, Lavis Cannon, Nei’s Claw, etc…

Barring that though, maybe an ‘irregular’ bow where the arrows appear to jump and freeze on the way to their target, sometimes changing into a different appearance along the way (Thaumanova bow?), a Starga… ‘Asuragate’ shield, and maybe a giant calligraphy pen for a sword, stave, or bow as well?

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

(edited by Dark Saviour.9410)

Create a Legendary!

Zalavaaris.5329

Really good concept…except it is too specific to one class. I would also add screams to the souls tho for added horror.

Not sure about my own legendary. Maybe a bow formed from the bodies of writhing snakes like Kraitkin (one of my fav legendaries), where the arrows are either poison spat from the mouth of a snake, or the projectile is carried on serpentine wings.

Yea it is for sure quite specific lol However, I wouldn’t mind decking my warrior out in Arah gear and using that sword also haha

Create a Legendary!

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Flaming Scepter .
This scepter changes apperance based on the character’s professión mechanic:

• Guardian:
    Its flames shine whiter and brighter the more ready rritues the guardian has, and look bluer and darker the more of them are recharging.
  • Elementalist:
    Its flames change color based on attunement.
    Fire – yellow-orange
    Water – white-blue
    Air – white-violet
    Earth – beige-brown.
  • Mesmer
    Its flames change color based on number and types of illusions:
    Clones make flames shine more purple and bluish, phantasm make it shine more pink and reddish.
    The more illusions, the brighter the flames shine.
  • Necromancer
    Its flames shine greener the higher life force is.
SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Create a Legendary!

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Caliburn – Sword

Description:
A shining white golden blade which shines as bright as like the Radiant Armor Set when swung.

Effect:
Gives your Character an Aura Effect when running around of twinkling bright lights that look like a Cape of Light trailing behind you, which slowly fades away.
The Sword is also in a sheath of swirling air when drawn out, which makes the blade invisible, letting you see only the swirling wind aura around the blade, while you hold the blade, without swinging it (idle stance)
When put away, you will see a unique animation of putting it back it in its own unique Sword Sheath that you will see also at all times at your side of your body, when you draw out the sword of its sheath and naturally when you put the sword back into it.
Whenever you deal with Caliburn a critical hit, it will glow for the moment brighter and receives a warmer more golden shining around the blade.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Create a Legendary!

Posted by: flipyap.5789

flipyap.5789

Dhuum’s Soul Reaper

Staff

Looks exactly like the scythe from gw1 creates green aura.

Footfalls create voids in which bone arms reach out of( necro scepter 2 skill) said voids and create heavy footfall sounds similar to juggernaut on warrior.

projectiles make screaming soul noises as they travel. and appear as green flames

Attachments:

Create a Legendary!

Posted by: Lumin Arius.6952

Lumin Arius.6952

Really good concept…except it is too specific to one class.

Seems like we have that already for most of the legendary weapons now.

Create a Legendary!

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

I really want to see a ‘serious’ legendary pistol since Quip is more of a joke weapon.

As an idea for one, I’d like some kind of crazy asura-made experimental pistol that runs off chaos energy. (Lore-wise, likely a result of Inquest experiments) Yeah, there’s already some decent Asuran gun skins, but a legendary once could have some cool effects.

I’m thinking electric blue plasma bolts replacing bullet projectiles on all classes. On engineers, it could replace standard explosion effects from grenades, bombs, mines, etc. with white-blue plasma explosions, or some blue-purple explosions that look similar to the chaos portals generated by the Thermanova reactor. On thieves, it can change shadow-step effects to be more like teleports, maybe by changing the sound effect and leave some sparks behind. Maybe it could alter the look of mesmer phantasms too, maybe change them to holograms, but that might be a bit much. (Mesmer pistols already have unique effects, so it’s hard to think of a good one that doesn’t mess with the class aesthetics)

Instead of an always-on footfall or aura, when triggering a pistol skill other than the auto-attack, the pistol could vent out excess energy as a cloud of colored steam/smoke out it’s side and maybe leave a small puddle of electrified, toxic looking goo on the ground.

Basically, something that looks and feels like a dangerous prototype nuclear-powered weapon. I can’t think of a good name for it, but it likely could just have some kind of serial number as it’s name.

Also, it could potentially be an arm-cannon rather than a pistol/handgun to look more unique, but you would then have to alter some of the idle and attack animations, but most of the pistol animations should still work.

Create a Legendary!

Zalavaaris.5329

Very cool ideas! I would also like to see some of the joke legendaries have an alternative like the pistols. Im digging that pistol idea, I almost imagine it as a small asuran looking pistol and when you pull it out it unfolds like a transformer revealing an unusally large untable looking pistol.

Create a Legendary!

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Greatsword: Spectrum

Special effects: Creates a rainbow coloured paintbrush-like effect when you spin the greatsword.

Attachments:

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Create a Legendary!

Zalavaaris.5329

That’s wonderful looking

Create a Legendary!

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Bone_Dragon_Staff_DaW07.jpg

With a pulsing heart and glowing red eyes.

Create a Legendary!

Posted by: Pirate Pete.9564

Pirate Pete.9564

Horriks shoulder cannon. Awesome rifle, and already ingame, easy to implement.

Create a Legendary!

Posted by: Kadsik.9281

Kadsik.9281

My lengendary would be a dagger in the form of a meat hook that would have a dripping blood effect all the time and as you would guess a blood trail would be left behind when walking simple legendary but i think it would be awesome.

Create a Legendary!

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I feel like we’ll probably see new legendaries that fit the themes for the new specialization’s themes. So maybe some sort of clock, sundial, or hourglass based shield for mesmer, a dark and evil GS (although we already kinda have that) and then some dragon themed longbow.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Create a Legendary!

Zalavaaris.5329

I really hope the new precursor collection system will be very specific and themed to the legendary we are going after. For example, say that afterlife sword I thought of, what if we needed to practice harvesting souls. So say the first collection would give lore information on soul harvesting then the 2nd collection would have you going around the world attempting to collect souls, maybe if you fail you have to fight the soul that you just tried to steal, think ac ghosts. Anyway, you guys get the idea. I’d just love to see some very relavent precursors and I hope the legendary process really immerses you into what the legendary is all about. I know about the moot collection they mentioned which sounded pretty cool and I’m pretty excited for it.

Create a Legendary!

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

As long as every time the player says "obelisk, " it comes out as “OBELISK.”

Create a Legendary!

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

I had a somewhat silly idea that would play into lore somewhat

Legendary dagger: Skrittcalibur!
“This blade is the masterpiece of a famed skritt weaponsmith. It may not be the most powerful weapon in Tyria, but it is most definitely the shiniest!”

It’d be a shortsword (so longer than most other dagger skins) polished to a mirror-like sheen that constantly sparkles in the light and leaves a glitter-trail when swung, and causes you to leave a trail of glittery sparkles behind you. It would also make your character sparkle lightly.

One of the prerequisites would likely be the junk collector achievements, and the quest for getting the precursor could involve some kind of treasure hunt.

Create a Legendary!

Zalavaaris.5329

Skrittcalibur sounds super fun and like something I could go for. The precursor collection makes a lot of sense for what it would be. Good work

Create a Legendary!

Posted by: A OK.8276

A OK.8276

I’m still holding out hope for mega man blaster type hands for a legendary pistol.

Create a Legendary!

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I had a somewhat silly idea that would play into lore somewhat

Legendary dagger: Skrittcalibur!
“This blade is the masterpiece of a famed skritt weaponsmith. It may not be the most powerful weapon in Tyria, but it is most definitely the shiniest!”

It’d be a shortsword (so longer than most other dagger skins) polished to a mirror-like sheen that constantly sparkles in the light and leaves a glitter-trail when swung, and causes you to leave a trail of glittery sparkles behind you. It would also make your character sparkle lightly.

One of the prerequisites would likely be the junk collector achievements, and the quest for getting the precursor could involve some kind of treasure hunt.

I’d make this.

Create a Legendary!

Posted by: Assassins Caddy.1539

Assassins Caddy.1539

So, I was thinking today about potential legendaries and as a Necro I cant be more excited for the ability to use a greatsword. While I was sitting here super hyped I was thinking about a reaper themed greatsword. I thought it would be fun to make my own dream legendary and was curious if any of you had any fun legendary ideas.

The name would be “Afterlife”

The special effect would be blue colored souls swirling around the blade. When you killed something the same sort of blue soul would be sucked into the blade. When the blade is drawn it would have a few souls trying to escape and then they would be pulled back into the blade because… no escape. The hard part was figuring out what fun ground affect would trail behind the wielder of this blade. My idea for this would be a trail of dead and dying grass almost as if the grass died beneath your feet as you walked. Thats my idea for my dream legendary, what are yours?

I actually quite like this idea! That would be really cool! People are saying that it’s too specific, but why can’t a warrior or a guardian have a cool, soul-sucking blade? If this were implemented, it would definitely be the first thing I would try to get in HoT!

Devil Of The Mists
Gems N Tonic [GnT]
Formerly Best Team North Africa [NA]