Crystalline Ore.

Crystalline Ore.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Yafoo.3092

Yafoo.3092

I’m not normally one to grip at things, and I couldn’t find a post similar to this so:

Am I right in thinking that the only merchant that takes Crystalline Ore is AFTER the Dragon Stand meta (successful) event? And the only place to get Crystalline Ore is from the Noxious Pods? And that the only “realistic” place to get these are also after a successful event? (Minus the story stuff you get for achievements)

If this is the case, then the grind/gear grind is all too real, especially if you don’t get anything if the Dragon Stand event fails: Not even XP unlike the other areas..!

Personally, I don’t mind grind. But not getting an “incentive” to continue in Dragon Stand eg: No area currency for defeating the boss (unless I got very unlucky..)

Possible solution: Up the Noxious Pod spawns in the area. Give, I don’t know “20?” Crystalline Ore as a completion reward maybe (similar to other meta events) : Actually give XP if the event fails?

This may just be a semi bugged event chain that is actually supposed to reward with area currency, and if that’s the case: Great, I’m sure it will be fixed at some point. If it’s not:

On with the grind…!

Crystalline Ore.

Posted by: Derigar.7810

Derigar.7810

We’re getting a very small trickle of Crystalline ore at the moment…

Crystalline Ore.

Posted by: Nekomi.9562

Nekomi.9562

You’re asking pretty much for handouts crafting legendary stuff is not suppose to be easy.
You’re suppose to work for it. It’s a goal to set to get.

That being said… I already have a stack of 250 Crystalline Ore from my organizations.

This is my route below you have exactly enough time (10 minutes) to make this run and get 20 or more pods out of the 45 possibles that spawn before the despawn hits at the 5min mark.

THEY ONLY SPAWN AFTER A KILL (and is completely random)

Rarely do you see them spawning while running or in a fresh map.

Attachments:

If there is evil in this world… It lurks in the hearts of men.

Crystalline Ore.

Posted by: Yafoo.3092

Yafoo.3092

Nice screeny. Ty.

Tbh, I’m never after a “hand out” and I don’t think my initial post lead that way, just that: If you do an event in any of the other maps, you actually get something whether it fails or succeeds. In DS you don’t appear to.

I’d be more than happy if it was just XP, having to work for the Ore is fully understandable.

Again, thanks for the screenshot, gives me a better idea now ;-)