Current exotics turn into precursors?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: AVM.5746

AVM.5746

If there will be new legendary weapons coming in the expansion, will there be whole new set of precursors or will some current exotics suddenly become one? Right now, I’m gonna hold tightly to some of the exotics I’ve earned through bags till I know for sure…

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I think they said there would be new precursors for the new legendaries, in which those new precursors won’t be obtained in the same way as the current precursors are.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

The old precursors will be available through the new method, but the new precursors – judging from the information given- won’t be available through the old method.

With these new collections, we were curious if the precursors would still be obtainable through other means such as drops and the Mystic Forge where they are currently acquired.

The original precursors will definitely remain available through those means, but the new precursors will be different and revealed when they are ready to roll out the new legendary weapons.

http://www.tehforsakengods.com/hell/index.php/12-gaming-news/23-guild-wars-2-heart-of-thorns-zam-interview

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

(edited by TheDaiBish.9735)

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

i’m 100% positive that there will be new precursors for the new legendaries.

John Smith would never let such chaos be wrought on the economy.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

I wonder how much the new legendaries will sell for on the auction house. The current ones are already very expensive, so the new ones would be for some mindbending figure, most likely.

BrunoBRS.5178

I wonder how much the new legendaries will sell for on the auction house. The current ones are already very expensive, so the new ones would be for some mindbending figure, most likely.

initially, yeah, but it will normalize with time as supply increases.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

There are reasons to believe they may be unsellable.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

There are reasons to believe they may be unsellable.

I wish the old ones were unsellable too (

Posted by: Dante.8456

Dante.8456

Don’t forget that obtaining precursors via collections means people won’t be throwing as much money into the MF or buying precursors off the TP (as much anyway). This means that a big chunk of the gold it takes a legendary will be removed and the prices will be affected because of this.
Of course there will be a rush to get T6 mats etc. assuming that the recipes do not change but I think prices won’t be that inflated because the removal of precursor costs cuts out a very big chunk of TP prices.
I’d advise anyone with current legendaries to sell now before the markets drops too much

Desolation EU
Guardian / WvW Enthusiast

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

I think they said there would be new precursors for the new legendaries, in which those new precursors won’t be obtained in the same way as the current precursors are.

Well from my understanding its more accurate to say they won’t be exclusively obtained in the same way as the current precursors. I think they’ll still probably be a rate drop.

Posted by: SnubdubLuskon.1795

SnubdubLuskon.1795

This means that a big chunk of the gold it takes a legendary will be removed and the prices will be affected because of this.

I’m sure the items for the collection that provides precursor will likely fill in that huge gap of gold that is removed from your standard precursor obtaining.

BrunoBRS.5178

This means that a big chunk of the gold it takes a legendary will be removed and the prices will be affected because of this.

I’m sure the items for the collection that provides precursor will likely fill in that huge gap of gold that is removed from your standard precursor obtaining.

people really need to understand that the precursor collection won’t be an easier or cheaper way to make a legendary, it’ll just be a definitive way that doesn’t involve buying off the TP.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

There will definitely be all new exotics for the new legendaries. The effects of just switching an existing weapon into a precursor would be crazy in terms of economy and just general chaos (people who recently salvaged one of those weapons would be angry, people who happen to have one would get a huge free boost, ect), and there’s no way they’d do anything like that ever.

The only thing I can see happening is them using old SKINS, but still creating new weapons as the precursor itself. Similar to the way that, for example, Tooth of Frostfang shares its skin with the Corrupted Axe. If there was, lets say, a water based legendary staff added, then they could create a new weapon called Downpour that would act as the precursor, but use the skin from Monsoon.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Well from my understanding its more accurate to say they won’t be exclusively obtained in the same way as the current precursors. I think they’ll still probably be a rate drop.

No, the fact that they won’t be obtainable the same way as current precursors now are (forge, drops) has been explicitly confirmed in one of the first post-reveal interviews. The one thing we can’t be sure yet is if there will be any other, new ways to get them besides collections.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November