Current loot system - 15m salvage sessions

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Joji.7934

Joji.7934

This is a complaint post in hopes that we can move away from this current system of being rewarded with tons of loot bags (Champ bags nested within champ bags). I’m beginning to detest this process of: Participate in an HoT map meta-event, rewarded with an absurd amount of champ bags and caches(which contains more champ bags) and a whole bunch of rares, greens and blues to salvage. I spent at least 10 minutes and have to do this almost always at the end of each map meta-event and. This is not fun, it’s a hassle of having to be “rewarded” with having to salvage for materials. I never had an issue with salvaging in the core game, however, with the xpac, it’s ridiculous.

Is it possible just to rework and get away from this system?

An example would be: Remove or diminish the amount of champ bags and a static reward of 2-3 gold, x amount of tier n materials, x map currency for example.

It doesn’t have to be like this, but i think it’s worth noting that something should change and we need to step away from this. Other than this, i’m enjoying the xpac very much

Posted by: Cuchullain.3104

Cuchullain.3104

People have been complaining about the bags-in-a-bag clickfest grind forever, but they keep making it worse. They are tone-deaf on this issue.

Posted by: seabhac.5346

seabhac.5346

I support Joji’s idea of ‘unboxed’ rewards, and elimination of salvaging altogether… and I even own both salvage-o-matics. I would gladly relinquish the need for salvage tools just to save the time it takes to unbox and salvage stuff, because I would rather spend that time actually playing the game.

Posted by: ChrizZcE.5981

ChrizZcE.5981

It´s annoying by design.

They want you to spend real money to buy a 6th bag slot. That´s the whole idea behind drowning players in worthless loot.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Maybe I’m weird but I actually enjoy the process of sifting through bags and salvaging things. Like, it keeps inventory compressed while actually playing so I can focus, and after adventuring I have downtime moments that are still kind of exciting because of the addition rng “ooh shiny” moments.

Salvaging, which was sort of a GW1 staple as well, sort of clicks with me. Somehow it just feels more natural to break down all the random worthless junk than sell a never ending supply of it to merchant NPCs that don’t seem to do anything with it but make it vanish.

I understand why it all bothers people, but I kind of like it. I think perhaps if we could deposit runes and sigils to a collections tab like crafting materials it would make the bags/salvaging system a bit more streamlined as you’d spend less time clearing them out at a merchant or the MF just to clear space to open the rest of your bags, and more time opening them and going “ooh, shiny”

As well, some sort of “salvage all” command by rarity would be nice, again, to streamline the process while keeping the feel of doing a “loot audit” and having those same downtime “shiny moments”

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Kuzzi.2198

Kuzzi.2198

Maybe I’m weird but I actually enjoy the process of sifting through bags and salvaging things. Like, it keeps inventory compressed while actually playing so I can focus, and after adventuring I have downtime moments that are still kind of exciting because of the addition rng “ooh shiny” moments.

Salvaging, which was sort of a GW1 staple as well, sort of clicks with me. Somehow it just feels more natural to break down all the random worthless junk than sell a never ending supply of it to merchant NPCs that don’t seem to do anything with it but make it vanish.

I understand why it all bothers people, but I kind of like it. I think perhaps if we could deposit runes and sigils to a collections tab like crafting materials it would make the bags/salvaging system a bit more streamlined as you’d spend less time clearing them out at a merchant or the MF just to clear space to open the rest of your bags, and more time opening them and going “ooh, shiny”

As well, some sort of “salvage all” command by rarity would be nice, again, to streamline the process while keeping the feel of doing a “loot audit” and having those same downtime “shiny moments”

I’m in the same boat. I don’t mind the salvaging / bag opening downtime.

The runes/sigils are the main obstacle – I also wish they would have their own collection but I doubt that will happen.

Posted by: Leodon.1564

Leodon.1564

It appears to me the loot bag system is a way for Anet to manage/control loot tables in an easy way. The problem is that we have no easy way to clear our inventory.

Faye Oren – Mesmer
Lee Oren – Ranger
Eve Oren – Revenant