DC severly limiting progress in HoT maps

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Ascii Red.4029

Ascii Red.4029

1 hour in DS, 2 mins before dragon kill and on 200% map contribution I get a DC (not the first time this has happened in DS on final fight) – log back in and cant get back into the map (was in squad of course but map was full).

Hour wasted, again, great.

Can we not have the server remember the map you were in for a short time? I mean you were disconnected so you have personaly contributed to the map, hell leave your space open for 2 mins so you can reconnect, then after 2 mins give it to whoever else is clicking join.

I hate the idea of paying (expansions are not cheap) for someone to waste my time!

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

Client crash during the Mouth of Mordremoth fight happens frequently to a lot of people so you’re not alone. I’ve seen people recommend lowering graphics settings or trying the 64-bit client. Those might be okay workarounds, but honestly having the server save your spot for a minute or two when disconnected would be a wonderful thing. GW1 has had disconnect recovery for a long time. I think GW2 should too.

Posted by: Countess Aire.9410

Countess Aire.9410

Crashing out of DS is getting worse and really souring me towards this game, I use to enjoy playing it but now , when running DS you stand a better than average chance of the client crashing and not beable to return to the instance you were in, This is so not worth the trouble or the aggrevation that is it has become. I could no reccommend this expansion in its present broken form. It would not even rate as a beta.

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Orion mentioned it but ill go ahead and say it. I highly reccomend swapping to the 64 bit client. Nearly every single person I have convinced to try it has said that it solved nearly all of there crashes. It has been mentioned multiple times in dev posts and there is even a stickied forum post on the subject.

If you have heard about it but refused to swap. I have to assume its out of stubbornness or because your using a 32 bit system. A tool that will most likely fix your issue is available. Try it. You can download the client and simply drop it in your already existing gw2 folder. Run it from there and you should only need to do a small amount of patching instead of re-downloading the entire client.

It is likely that most future maps will have around the same intensity. So the sooner you swap the easier it will be. The only reason that the 64 bit client isn’t automatically downloaded is because it is still “technically” a beta client. However it does not run like a beta client in any way.

Again. There exists a potential tool to solve your issue. Get the 64 bit client from your account settings (top right of your web page). If it does not fix the issue THEN it is likely that something else is wrong.

I wouldn’t reccomend assuming Anet is going to magically expand the limitations of the 32 bit client. It kind of isn’t possible. Forcing yourself to wait when theres an option infront of you is just gonna make you more frustrated and lead to more forum posts like these.

Ghost Yak

Posted by: Countess Aire.9410

Countess Aire.9410

Already running the 64 client. Uninstalled and did a fresh install. Still is crashing at DS. So just getting tired of it. Hopefully it can get solved with another graphics card. Doubt it but it could happen. Thanks for the advice Shadelang.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Why do people talk about crashes when the OP is complaining about being disconnected?

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

Why do people talk about crashes when the OP is complaining about being disconnected?

Because people use the terms interchangeably. Disconnects could have nothing to do with Anet, and there’s nothing they can do to fix his ISP problems.

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Because people use the terms interchangeably. Disconnects could have nothing to do with Anet, and there’s nothing they can do to fix his ISP problems.

The same solution would hold true to both situations. The game really needs to reserve your slot for at least a couple of minutes if a sudden dc/crash occurs. If anet wants to use strict timers they need to have tools in place to not waste their playerbases time.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Assuming that someone can’t express himself clearly is borderline insulting.

Did he ask for ANet to solve his ISP problems? No.

This is what he asked for.

Can we not have the server remember the map you were in for a short time? I mean you were disconnected so you have personaly contributed to the map, hell leave your space open for 2 mins so you can reconnect, then after 2 mins give it to whoever else is clicking join.

Posted by: Lite Ning Strike.5203

Lite Ning Strike.5203

Actually it may not be their ISP, I have lost connection before (running 64 bit) using duel monitors, TS3 on one so I can stay in communication with Guildies. TS stayed on with Business as usual and GW2 drops. If it was the ISP the TS would also drop.

ArenaNet apparently uses the same error message for both. Remember the error message is written by a programer and can say anything you want. Most use number like Error 400 or 500 so they know what causes the problem and gives them a starting point.

Thanks!!

The First and Only Blaq Sheep

Lite Ning Strike.5203

Another thing I noticed over the Weekend, was I had a time where I was kicked out just doing personal HoT story on a different Toon. When you have folks in your friends list you can see when they log in and out. Several that were on my list followed the same logging in logging out sequence that I had at the same time so they were losing connect as well, several times in a row.

They are all in different states and countries so again this is ArenaNet not local ISP’s.

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

64 client solved most of my dc issues. Knock on wood, have only had a couple dc’s since changing up months ago. And the couple I have had, have been actual server crashes.

Posted by: Werdx.2059

Werdx.2059

Client crash during the Mouth of Mordremoth fight happens frequently to a lot of people so you’re not alone. I’ve seen people recommend lowering graphics settings or trying the 64-bit client. Those might be okay workarounds, but honestly having the server save your spot for a minute or two when disconnected would be a wonderful thing. GW1 has had disconnect recovery for a long time. I think GW2 should too.

64 bit is a lie.I got one and got settings on 50%,still,there’s no fight in which i am not getting DC.

Whoever told you go 64 bit,told you just to shake you off because they don’t know nothing else to say.

Ignorant person : Try 64 bit

You : Do not have it

Ignorant person : There you go,that’s why you getting crash.

Telling someone try 64 bit is not going to solve anything,not by long shot.Problem is not with you,problem is on ANet’s end.

Sorry because i sound little bit rude,but i am sick of people being smart a**** Telling you to re-log,re-install system,get better graphic card,get better internet and so on…all that for getting crashes in game.People avoid blaming Arena Net,like they are God given,and look what they are doing to us.But its no problem,people are strange,after Justin Bieber spit on his fans from his balcony,they cheered to him more,and nobody did nothing,in matter of fact,they forgave him,after he said “i am sorry” and everyone forgot about it.But next time,he insulted a cop and kittened in bucket in police station…So this story i told you,can relate to Arena Net disrespectful behavior to us,and i can assure you,if they ever say sorry,people will forgive them,and everyone is going to forget what they did.But,are they sorry or not,no one knows…

All it takes is one small xp boost gift,for people to forgive…sadly,we live in times,where person would sell his soul for 10 gold,or for empty promise,with hopes everything is going to be fine.

Do not believe until you see and feel,and you wont get disappointed.That is a lesson i learned from Arena Net after they canceled promise,every 3 months 3 new legendary items,and after 30% of player base gave 50-100$ each just to be able to craft those.legendary items.

Some people care about legendary items,some don’t.Those who care will complain,those who do not like legendary items will laugh at them,while at the same time,they crying for season 3 story on the forums,because they think that’s more important…Everyone in this game thinks his problems are biggest and they have privilege over others,but after all,100 people 100 different opinions and no one can change that,and everyone mocking each other because this guy want this,and this guy don’t want that,so here comes third guy,who laugh at them both,but he cry in the guild chat all the time,about things he wants but never gets

They never promised season 3 story,and they never told every 3 months,new 3 chapters,but for legendary,they did exactly that.

Legendaries are not another free LS or some minor patch update. They are paid expansion feature,which we got scammed for.People for multi million dollars frauds like this,getting locked up for long period of time.It doesn’t matter if its game or any other company,you look at crime,not product.

Do you see police laughing at you when you report vase of flowers stolen,from your house doorstep,or baseball cards?Crime is crime,no matter if one bubble gum was stolen or 100.000.000 dollars.

(edited by Werdx.2059)

Posted by: nativity.3057

nativity.3057

I would really want this.

I don’t do the AB meta event anymore because every time I’d crash at Tarnished Traitor, losing the rewards at the end and wasting my time.

Shadelang.3012

64 bit is a lie.I got one and got settings on 50%,still,there’s no fight in which i am not getting DC.

Whoever told you go 64 bit,told you just to shake you off because they don’t know nothing else to say.

Ignorant person : Try 64 bit

You : Do not have it

Ignorant person : There you go,that’s why you getting crash.

Telling someone try 64 bit is not going to solve anything,not by long shot.Problem is not with you,problem is on ANet’s end.

Sorry because i sound little bit rude,but i am sick of people being smart a**** Telling you to re-log,re-install system,get better graphic card,get better internet and so on…all that for getting crashes in game.People avoid blaming Arena Net,like they are God given,and look what they are doing to us.But its no problem,people are strange,after Justin Bieber spit on his fans from his balcony,they cheered to him more,and nobody did nothing,in matter of fact,they forgave him,after he said “i am sorry” and everyone forgot about it.But next time,he insulted a cop and kittened in bucket in police station…So this story i told you,can relate to Arena Net disrespectful behavior to us,and i can assure you,if they ever say sorry,people will forgive them,and everyone is going to forget what they did.But,are they sorry or not,no one knows…

All it takes is one small xp boost gift,for people to forgive…sadly,we live in times,where person would sell his soul for 10 gold,or for empty promise,with hopes everything is going to be fine.

Do not believe until you see and feel,and you wont get disappointed.That is a lesson i learned from Arena Net after they canceled promise,every 3 months 3 new legendary items,and after 30% of player base gave 50-100$ each just to be able to craft those.legendary items.

Some people care about legendary items,some don’t.Those who care will complain,those who do not like legendary items will laugh at them,while at the same time,they crying for season 3 story on the forums,because they think that’s more important…Everyone in this game thinks his problems are biggest and they have privilege over others,but after all,100 people 100 different opinions and no one can change that,and everyone mocking each other because this guy want this,and this guy don’t want that,so here comes third guy,who laugh at them both,but he cry in the guild chat all the time,about things he wants but never gets

They never promised season 3 story,and they never told every 3 months,new 3 chapters,but for legendary,they did exactly that.

Legendaries are not another free LS or some minor patch update. They are paid expansion feature,which we got scammed for.People for multi million dollars frauds like this,getting locked up for long period of time.It doesn’t matter if its game or any other company,you look at crime,not product.

Do you see police laughing at you when you report vase of flowers stolen,from your house doorstep,or baseball cards?Crime is crime,no matter if one bubble gum was stolen or 100.000.000 dollars.

I am sorry but telling someone to try something that HAS worked for a VERY large number of people is not a bad thing by any standard. In my case. I have not crashed ONE SINGLE TIME since I swapped. I crashed every single time I was in Dragons Stand before that change. I never crashed again after. Your post makes me think you have a bone to pick with anet and a large amount of the population in general. Which is rather annoying in a thread where people are asking for help.

You claim to know that any problems involved aren’t on the players part. Yet you have ZERO way of knowing that.

You also have no evidence to support your claim. And in fact evidence exists against you. The fact that there ARE players that are now playing the HoT maps without crashes of any kind for example. When they are playing the same game as you.

IF they are playing the same game as you. It only makes sense that there is something different. Since your both using the same files (assuming 64 bit or 32 bit system matches here) You SHOULD be getting the same results. Unless there is something wrong on your end. Or something wrong BETWEEN you and arena net. Acting like a forum zealot isn’t gonna change that. Its LOGIC. Find the discrepancy. And you have likely found the problem.

I suggest the 64 bit client to every single person I find having issues with HoT maps. Because it has worked for kitten near all of them. Im not going to claim it worked for EVERYONE. But its pretty comeon that I get mails or whispers thanking me for suggesting it. The rest of your post is a rant. Most of it makes zero sense and has no relation to the subject. And I am not entirely certain why you tried to right in metaphors for a fairly simple subject. Its not like we were talking about abstract concepts here.

THEN for some bloody reason you started talking about legendary weapons. Which has NOTHING to do with this subject. If you want to rant about stuff. Make a different post. And let people who are actually looking for solutions to their problems do so.

Ghost Yak

(edited by Shadelang.3012)

Shadelang.3012

Already running the 64 client. Uninstalled and did a fresh install. Still is crashing at DS. So just getting tired of it. Hopefully it can get solved with another graphics card. Doubt it but it could happen. Thanks for the advice Shadelang.

Countess sorry about the long delay from my last message. If you are already using the 64 bit client one thing you can try is to right support a ticket directly. In doing so I would send them either A. A crash message if it is indeed a crash. B. Mention that there is no crash message if it is a crash. C. Mention that it is likely a dc but you feel confident that it is not on your end. But mention where it occurs mostly (if it only occurs in one set of locatiosn or does so more often than others then it is likely a crash) (If it occurs everywhere more equally I would bet more money on a DC in that case). When you do so one thing you can do is send them a copy paste of your system. As well as telling them who your ISP is to see if there are any known connectivity issues THROUGH that ISP

They can probably use that information to make a more informed investigation on your issue. Making it more likely that they will be able to give you an accurate solution. Or if none is available at least a potential cause that you can then check for on your end.

Edit: Also one thing. This may sound obvious and obnoxious. But make sure to check your graphics drivers. And also be sure that you are infact running the 64 bit client (I KNOW how rude this may sound. But I have talked with someone that didn’t even realize that they had to run the 64 bit client through the specific .exe file they downloaded from the website after you drop it into your gw2 folder (makes it into like a 2 minute install) he kept using his old client and didn’t know why he kept crashing)

Ghost Yak

Posted by: Trinnitty.8256

Trinnitty.8256

The 64 bit client works assuming you have computer specs for it and properly installed it.
I use to crash alot on 32bit and now maybe once or twice with 64 bit version.

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

They really need to do something about this with how long these kitten events take. It’s really not ok to have a lot of players DC on the final event after and hour or more of contributing to it and then get locked out. It not ok that other players who did nothing to come in at the last event and take your rewards.
Anet needs to reserve spots and until they do if you are one of the people who parties with a guild mates to try to get in late even though you weren’t there for most of it, you are worse that the leaches who show up and AFK.

Posted by: NayNay.7680

NayNay.7680

The day I acquired The North Wind, I decided not to waste any more time in DS. Well, I went back to that horrible place tonight, in hopes of taming the Wyvern for my ranger.

Didn’t happen

Disconnected at the final Mordreburn

Yes, I was playing on the N64

Another nights g-wars time trounced by Dragons Stand

Ral Xarek | Asura Elementalist
Peacemaker Ral |Asura Mesmer

Lite Ning Strike.5203

64 client solved most of my dc issues. Knock on wood, have only had a couple dc’s since changing up months ago. And the couple I have had, have been actual server crashes.

Yeah I been running 64 bit client since beta release, I think what I experienced was a glitch or maybe someone working on the server, especially since the friends I was referring to also dropped connection while running the 64 bit client as well.

Posted by: Black.9412

Black.9412

This issue of a DC and me loosing up to two hours in the Tarir events(just happened) is something that needs to be fixed. I log back in and the only server I am allowed on is a silent server with 0% participation, other server full.

At the very least we need the participation to be tied to the zone rather than that instance of the zone. This would help if two people want to play together but have participation in different instances as well.

The better fix is to have a reconnect period where the user has a period of time to rejoin the instance without loosing their spot/participation.

Best fix is to add both.

I hope that this will be considered as it would greatly reduce frustrations. I am looking at trying the 64bit GW2 but a reconnect period is still needed to fix the underlying issue.

(edited by Black.9412)