DE 1.0 - who else died?

DE 1.0 - who else died?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

So far it’s obvious Eir is dead. Braham taking on her Longbow, filled with rage towards the Dragons starts his path as a Dragon Hunter.

But what about the rest? You guys think the others survived? Rytlock and Canack (late addition to DE) definitely are. But what about Zojja and Logan? Caithe is probably alive as well since she’ll play a major part in the plot anyways.

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

DE 1.0 - who else died?

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

It is not obvious that Eir is dead, Braham may find her bow and think that she is dead.
Canach is far from being in the DE, he is closer to be part of the “DE 2.0”.
I really doubt that ANet will kill any of the DE characters.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

DE 1.0 - who else died?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I think they all survived. Apart from a concept image of Braham with a similar bow, that’s all there is pointing to Eir being dead. Concept art rarely reflects any accuracy in the detail.

It also wouldn’t make sense for him to have that much rage since there is very little connection between the two. A slight de-frosting during S2, but no real emotional re-connection.

DE 1.0 - who else died?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Considering Logan and Rytlock just made up, I’m pretty sure if Logan dies, Rytlock will go back to the Mists, hunt his kitten down and drag him back. Those two are an interesting couple, to put it mildly.

As for the rest… I don’t think Eir is presently dead, although by the end of the HoT story, she very well could be. Braham finds her, just to lose her in the end kind of thing. Caithe I think is important to the present storyline, so she’s “safe” for the time being. Zojja obviously can’t die before Eir does for that story drama.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

DE 1.0 - who else died?

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

I believe somewhere it was said that part of our journey besides killing Mordy is that DE1 has been taken captive and we are looking to free them.

I could have it wrong or mixed up, but I know I heard something about a plot like that.

DE 1.0 - who else died?

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Only snaff died.

No one else so far.

DE 1.0 - who else died?

Belzebu.3912

Only snaff died.

No one else so far.

Yup, can’t argue with that.

DE 1.0 - who else died?

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

Will be lame if all of them survive while a lot of pact members simply died.

obey me

DE 1.0 - who else died?

Posted by: Kitsune.1902

Kitsune.1902

They are plot-critical, they have determined buff

DE 1.0 - who else died?

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

Why they been dying like no tomorrow in Zhaitan story then?

obey me

DE 1.0 - who else died?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

……

Snaff would beg to differ…

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

DE 1.0 - who else died?

Posted by: Cerbeius.7129

Cerbeius.7129

Very dark to think Eir died… I think she survived, but that she went Druid (I think most characters will go to the ‘next’ level of their profession) and that she’s going full Staff now.
She reconnected with her son and also with these dire times, she wants to bond again and giving her legendary bow to her own son must mean a lot for him and Eir.

Lady Cerba, Ascalonian Priestess of Grenth

- Piken Square, [REN][DKAL]

DE 1.0 - who else died?

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

You can survive something, but be changed forever. They might all “survive” but not in the way we think.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

DE 1.0 - who else died?

Posted by: Slapinator.4196

Slapinator.4196

If Eir died I’m not gonna buy the expansion I’m not even gonna think about this game again, just forget it even existed.
NOOO arenanet you are not gonna bring tears to my eyes and destroy my summer with your stupid plot twists !!

DE 1.0 - who else died?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Defeated != Dead.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

DE 1.0 - who else died?

Posted by: Verificus.4320

Verificus.4320

inb4 rytlock dies at the end of HoT’s PS and he becomes the next legend and elite spec for Rev in a post-HoT patch release.

DE 1.0 - who else died?

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

I don’t think the following people are dead:

Logan – Though really I can be on the fence for this one. He made up with Rytlock, sort of, during the dungeon storylines. He could still die, but mostly the Human side of things would feel the impact more.

Rytlock – He’s not, we know it, the end.

Caithe – She can’t die, because of the realization of her people. We need that Sylvari perspective and I don’t see Canach bringing any of that from Destiny’s Orphans.

I’m on the fence about these characters:

Eir – She could introduce the Druid much like Rytlock will Revenants. Yes she’s sort of made up with Zojja during the Zhaitan arc so that concludes that drama. She still has some things to work with when it comes to her son. Though if she did die, that would give Bro ham a dramatic angle which he could use.

Zojja- She’s put some stuff to rest with Eir. She really doesn’t keep track of Taimi. She’s always busy with her experiments, plus Felicia Day might take a while on her voice acting due to her schedule. So if they DO kill someone off I’d suspect her first.

However I hope not because I would love to see Zojja inspecting the jungles, experimenting with Dragon stuff like Snaff did.

Plus I love Felicia Day’s voice at times.

Trahearne – Oh I’m quite aware he’s not DE, but he was on that ship. He could die. Seriously I see it happening because he was, more or less, the voice for our characters.
Now that we can talk outside of a cinematic his role as mouthpiece isn’t needed too much.

Yes he’s in charge of the Pact, but I could also see one of our missions handle his loss as well. If he died, elements of the Pact would be all over the place. As the big hero, we collect them and reforge our purpose to complete the mission. Afterwards we either get a new big chief, or ANet could really pull the rug under from us and make us the big chief in charge. Yes we held a very important role, but Trahearne was the face.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

DE 1.0 - who else died?

Belzebu.3912

……

Snaff would beg to differ…

lol true, I’ll correct my statement:
I really doubt ANet will kill any of the DE characters in game.

DE 1.0 - who else died?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Everything non-pc dies like that in Zhaitan story. Including Zhaitan.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

DE 1.0 - who else died?

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Please ANet!
Please kill Trahearne.
Everyone would be so happy.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

DE 1.0 - who else died?

Posted by: Duke Darkwood.4237

Duke Darkwood.4237

At present, I find the final death of any DE member unlikely, but of the lot, Eir’s characterization thus far makes her the most likely candidate – starting, pretty much, from her suicide mission in Honor of the Waves (SM).

As I’ve said in other threads, they should not force a death JUST to create drama – but out of the group, Eir is currently the most likely to find death in a narratively-natural manner.

If she is missing, or as has been suggested in this thread, captured, then Braham finding her bow and becoming a Dragonhunter would seem very fitting, to me. Her own progression to Druid would follow fairly naturally, as her temperament in her semiretirement (evident even as the norn mentor in the original Personal Story) lend her a “sage-like” air. I could totally see her taking on such a role in norn society.

Well, either that, or back to stonecutting. She could make an epic monument to Braham. Maybe with Taimi on his shoulder and being pinched by Frostbite. Gotta capture the essence of his legend, you know.

DE 1.0 - who else died?

Posted by: BrandonBandicoot.3968

BrandonBandicoot.3968

Please ANet!
Please kill Trahearne.
Everyone would be so happy.

I wouldn’t.

DE 1.0 - who else died?

Posted by: Mordeus.1234

Mordeus.1234

Would be a shame to kill off any of the original Destiny’s Edge when they have yet to avenge Snaff and Glint. Logan, Rytlock, Caithe, Zojja and Eir all need to be present when we get to the Kralkatorrik expansion.

DE 1.0 - who else died?

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

Very dark to think Eir died… I think she survived, but that she went Druid (I think most characters will go to the ‘next’ level of their profession) and that she’s going full Staff now.
She reconnected with her son and also with these dire times, she wants to bond again and giving her legendary bow to her own son must mean a lot for him and Eir.

I dunno, my Game of Thrones paranoia has kicked in. First after watching the trailer (scene attached) where they all go down, then later when they announced Dragon Hunter saying that it did have a Lore behind it, and 3rd when I saw Eir’s Lonbow in one of those images.

Attachments:

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

(edited by Nabuko Darayon.9645)

DE 1.0 - who else died?

Posted by: Mightylink.3816

Mightylink.3816

Oh thanks for the spoilers guys, jeez… right in the thread title.

Mightylink – Norn Necromancer
Mythiclink – Asura Engineer

DE 1.0 - who else died?

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Oh thanks for the spoilers guys, jeez… right in the thread title.

None of DE 1.0 have been confirmed dead. Any talk of them being dead is just rumor and speculation at this point.

DE 1.0 - who else died?

Posted by: Genlog.4983

Genlog.4983

so far i remember Logan cant be dead i hope
logan stile must wear that other magic sword that eir found and fix it again

so it might be possible that Logan gonna be the second REV

about eir
eir might die and bram get her bow
ore Garm dies ( i hope not ) and eir is so lost she give up and give her bow to bram

DE 1.0 - who else died?

Posted by: superveemon.6738

superveemon.6738

Just to be honest. All pact members that die, they only appear in just one “episode”.
Honestly, some deaths might be sad, but i really don’t feel so bonded to them.
Destiny’s Edge members, on the other hand are characters to whom we “bond” much deeper, interacting with them on the first part of our personal story, like our teachers, our mentors. Their death would be really hard for the players, and having some of them die would be unfair to those races who met them in the personal story.
Either they all die, which would be too tragic though, or they survive.
Also, can’t we have, at least once, some part where we sacrifice ourselves to save others, and obviously not die.
I don’t really like having people always sacrifice for others, and get killed doing so; it just happens too much in the story.

DE 1.0 - who else died?

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Just to be honest. All pact members that die, they only appear in just one “episode”.
Honestly, some deaths might be sad, but i really don’t feel so bonded to them.
Destiny’s Edge members, on the other hand are characters to whom we “bond” much deeper, interacting with them on the first part of our personal story, like our teachers, our mentors. Their death would be really hard for the players, and having some of them die would be unfair to those races who met them in the personal story.
Either they all die, which would be too tragic though, or they survive.
Also, can’t we have, at least once, some part where we sacrifice ourselves to save others, and obviously not die.
I don’t really like having people always sacrifice for others, and get killed doing so; it just happens too much in the story.

Yeah, first your order mentor die’s, then in your greatest fear story line, out of the 2 I’ve played members of your team die. I’m sure one of the asura in your team in Orr die too. We lost Belinda in LS2. The PC is cursed to have someone close to them die. And if you play the street rat PS, you can have your best friend die. So some one from DE v1.1(1.0 was with snaff) could wind up dead.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|