DS:Noxious Pods vs Others

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Here my is first HoT feedback so far.

I’ve completed my legendary and dont need Crystalline Ore. I’m doing hot for oil,spark,dust.

So when you open Noxious Pods, you have a chance to get one of those there. When you do 3x full pod run, you get way too less spark/oil/dust than any of the other maps would give you. I mean,

If you do 3x DS, you get less and less than doing 1x VB, 1x TD and 1xAB. Duration is roughly comparable.

So here are my feedbacks to balance this out.
- Make dust,spark,oil drop 100% in the pods.
- Maybe a way to exchange Crystalline Ore with dust,spark,oil.

Or this one will be interesting.
- Remove dust,spark,oil drop. Add one new item and make it exchangable 1:1 with others.

TL;DR
Doing DS is inefficient for getting spark,oil,dust.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

(edited by rhodoc.2381)

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Some people do DS for the fun of the event – not just for farming.

SBI

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Why can’t you do both? I think the OPs comments are perfectly reasonable and I agree. I do DS because I think it is fun, but also like to get the appropriate loot as well. I’m not complaining here as for the most part I’ve been happy with the balance, but didn’t notice the OPs issue. I think it is valid to look at those drop rates.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

DS has a ridiculously short timer and hostile mobs compared with NO timer in VB or TD and an easy timer in AB so DS drops should be MUCH better to balance them.

AB, the only other timed ‘looting’ phase has all of the chests in a nice compact and easy to find space where as DS you have to scramble all over the map with little chance of getting them all. The ‘keys’ are also much more expensive so much adjustment is needed.

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

So here are my feedbacks to balance this out.
- Make dust,spark,oil drop 100% in the pods.
- Maybe a way to exchange Crystalline Ore with dust,spark,oil.

Or this one will be interesting.
- Remove dust,spark,oil drop. Add one new item and make it exchangable 1:1 with others.

TL;DR

If you doing that, all maps other than DS will be empty and no one will want to do them. DS is already full of people, and this idea seems really bad. If you want others items just go on others maps instead of DS.

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

I think the idea was worded wrong,

What it should be is this

VB – Airship Cargo – should always contain at least 1, Bottle of Airship Oil
AB – Exalted Chest(all versions) – should always contain at least 1, Pile of Auric Dust
TD – Crystallized Supply Cache – should always contain at least 1, Ley Line Spark
DS – Noxious Pods – should always contain at least any 1 of the above

These items are needed for legendarys, you already have to grind the events for the items needed to buy the Crowbars, Keys, Acid, Machete ( Machete needing more than 1 item to buy )

You can also grind events for the items but its much slower, the point is there is already to much RnG, (which is 1 of the biggest complained about things in the game due it being broken)

When I made Nevermore, I would say I easily opened 400-500 of each, cache, cargo, pod and chests, trying to get the 250 of each, on top of the already 800 of each item I needed for gifts, this is not how you get replay ability, if anything it burned me out so badly, that I haven’t been back into the HoT maps since making the Legendary.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Simple solution…..

Remove the other items from Noxious pods. Compensate said zone specific currency maps by increasing the numbers gained from their chest to be on par with Crystaline Ore.

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Why can’t you do both? I think the OPs comments are perfectly reasonable and I agree. I do DS because I think it is fun, but also like to get the appropriate loot as well. I’m not complaining here as for the most part I’ve been happy with the balance, but didn’t notice the OPs issue. I think it is valid to look at those drop rates.

I wasn’t saying that his idea was bad. I was just pointing out that people are not only in there to farm.

SBI

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

What’s the purpose of the other maps if DS gives you everything you need for the same effort?

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

more like Ob-Noxious Pods eh guys?

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

This suggestion might cause people to desert the other maps though, which should be taken into account.

Posted by: Serenawyr.1523

Serenawyr.1523

Umm, duh. Dragon’s Stand doesn’t need to give sparks or oil or dust. It gives exactly what it should, the others are just bonuses. You should have to play each region to get their specific item, not just play one. Your complaint has no basis, as DS was never designed for getting spark, oil, and dust and never should be.

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

When I made Nevermore, I would say I easily opened 400-500 of each, cache, cargo, pod and chests, trying to get the 250 of each, on top of the already 800 of each item I needed for gifts, this is not how you get replay ability, if anything it burned me out so badly, that I haven’t been back into the HoT maps since making the Legendary.

I stopped to farm like a idiot when i realized that it was more time efficient to do 7 times the personal HoT story for 40 crystalline ore per run instead of farming each map for currencies to buy machetes and open RNG Noxious pods for a chance to get Crystalline ore.

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

I wasn’t saying that his idea was bad. I was just pointing out that people are not only in there to farm.

Everyone in Dragon’s Stand is there to farm, whether it’s loot or exp or collection items. That’s all the zone actually has to offer.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Everyone in Dragon’s Stand is there to farm, whether it’s loot or exp or collection items. That’s all the zone actually has to offer.

Please do not speak for everybody. I for one like the mechanics of a number of fights. I enjoy the zone for the zone’s sake.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.