DS crashes

DS crashes

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: theodor.3480

theodor.3480

Is it only me that always crashes in dragon’s stand or are there other people. Usualy when doing the ds meta i put everything on the lowest setting but still crashing quite frequently. Any advices? Thanks

I hear no evil, I fear no evil

DS crashes

Posted by: killermanjaro.5670

killermanjaro.5670

I’ve done DS a lot and never had an issue, in fact never had any crashes in any parts of the game in years of playing (on various hardware configurations, Win 7&10 OS).

Will be difficult to determine what’s causing it for you on here, as it could be hardware related, or some background task on your system causing it, or an install issue with the game, other software, OS etc.

DS crashes

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Is it only me that always crashes in dragon’s stand or are there other people. Usualy when doing the ds meta i put everything on the lowest setting but still crashing quite frequently. Any advices? Thanks

The majority of DS crashes were fixed ages ago with the x64 client.

I’m going to hazard a guess and say your PC is probably on the low end of the req specs, meaning the only way you’d seen an improvement is if you upgraded.

DS crashes

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’ve done DS almost every day this week, haven’t crashed. I have seen crashes, but they’re pretty infrequent.

DS crashes

Posted by: theodor.3480

theodor.3480

The majority of DS crashes were fixed ages ago with the x64 client.

I’m going to hazard a guess and say your PC is probably on the low end of the req specs, meaning the only way you’d seen an improvement is if you upgraded.

Yep, my pc is kinda on the lower end of the spectrum for the requirements. Looks like for PoF I’ll need to invest in a upgrade….

I hear no evil, I fear no evil

DS crashes

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

If you’re 32-bit, you’re likely crashing due to running out of memory. You want to be on the lowest settings and close any other programs wasting memory. After entering the map, restart your client to start fresh. Ideally, you don’t want to be hopping maps either. Since DS is a longer event however, there’s not much you can do except AFK in a quiet corner, since the more objects you load, the more your memory becomes fragmented and increases the chances of crashing. If you have Windows 7 or up and hardware that supports 64-bit, you can probably upgrade for free by downloading the 64-bit version of Windows with your existing key or by still getting Windows 10 for free.

DS crashes

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I think I crashed once or not at all, and I did about 50 runs in DS.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong