DS final fight so fast we don't get credit?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Lupini.6938

Lupini.6938

I’m not sure if this is what happened, but I participated in an ENTIRE Dragon Stand event yesterday and didn’t get credit for the final boss (and no, I hadn’t done the event recently).

The groups on the islands were on fire—the dragon attacked two islands, didn’t get any of the ley line energy in the bar, and died just as it started on it’s third island. We had one spawn of the pod thing on our island, but the other island attacks were furthest away from my island, so I didn’t bother island hopping. I’m thinking I didn’t get enough damage in for participation?

If this is what happened, there needs to be some sort of credit possible for having 200% participation on the map and being on an island even if participants don’t do damage on the dragon. I mean, our legendary blademaster respawned! The sub-squad I was in killed that thing twice, but I get no credit for the final boss.

Posted by: Avarice.2791

Avarice.2791

If you partook in killing the sub-boss then I totally agree that is off. I’ve never actually done the DS meta where I haven’t personally attacked Modre so I’m not sure if simply killing the pods would give credit. I mean some people need to go to the far islands but I suppose I would try to start in the center then gradually float out to where its needed.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

After the towers, which events did you actively participate in?

Lupini.6938

I’m not sure what you mean? What events after the towers? We go in and take down the mouth. I was in the zone and in squad before reset, from reset to Mouth of Mordremoth I was down the middle lane, collection events, spitfires, defending the lane, in the subgroup on the tower boss…times 2. Since we had to take it down twice we were late, We all headed into the final area, got on islands and burned down the boss. There were a lot of people on our island at first, I probably got in 3 hits on one of the pods/mordrem that spawned on our island.

I wasn’t the only one in map chat asking about the lack of credit.

Ayrilana.1396

I’m not sure what you mean? What events after the towers? We go in and take down the mouth. I was in the zone and in squad before reset, from reset to Mouth of Mordremoth I was down the middle lane, collection events, spitfires, defending the lane, in the subgroup on the tower boss…times 2. Since we had to take it down twice we were late, We all headed into the final area, got on islands and burned down the boss. There were a lot of people on our island at first, I probably got in 3 hits on one of the pods/mordrem that spawned on our island.

I wasn’t the only one in map chat asking about the lack of credit.

There are event in the islands. If you only landed a few hits then chances are you didn’t do enough damage to be considered as participating.

Lupini.6938

There are event in the islands. If you only landed a few hits then chances are you didn’t do enough damage to be considered as participating.

Basically I included those as parts of the Mouth of Mordremoth event—and I mentioned my participation in that part in my first post.

Ayrilana.1396

Basically I included those as parts of the Mouth of Mordremoth event—and I mentioned my participation in that part in my first post.

Then there’s a bug which should be reported.

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

I always try to position myself on an island with two ‘ley neighbors’ so I can get to head or tail if it spawns on one of these three islands. I can’t remember doing the meta without at least a few hits on head or tail. Now the pressure is really on if no hits equals no rewards. Pretty lame but I can’t believe we have not heard about this until now.

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

I’m not sure if this is what happened, but I participated in an ENTIRE Dragon Stand event yesterday and didn’t get credit for the final boss (and no, I hadn’t done the event recently).

The groups on the islands were on fire—the dragon attacked two islands, didn’t get any of the ley line energy in the bar, and died just as it started on it’s third island. We had one spawn of the pod thing on our island, but the other island attacks were furthest away from my island, so I didn’t bother island hopping. I’m thinking I didn’t get enough damage in for participation?

If this is what happened, there needs to be some sort of credit possible for having 200% participation on the map and being on an island even if participants don’t do damage on the dragon. I mean, our legendary blademaster respawned! The sub-squad I was in killed that thing twice, but I get no credit for the final boss.

I agree with Lupini. I happened to have been involved in my very first DS fight with her last week. We made it to the islands, but I could not get target on the dragon. Is this really how it is supposed to work? That you have to be on an island the dragon actually is targeting in order to be able to target him.???

Doesn’t make sense if he is in between the islands, but only those islands being attacked by him can target him. I got map credit, but not the boss fight credit or chest. Seems to be a really bad design if only those on the island the dragon is actually targeting can target him in return.

Posted by: Kerin.9125

Kerin.9125

I agree with Lupini. I happened to have been involved in my very first DS fight with her last week. We made it to the islands, but I could not get target on the dragon. Is this really how it is supposed to work? That you have to be on an island the dragon actually is targeting in order to be able to target him.???

Yes, the only places you can target him is on the island which his head is attacking and the island where his body can be reached: looking on the main map you’ll see two orange icons, one on the island his head is and one where the body is.

You can also of course target the head in the ‘bombing’ phase from above the island, in that phase the map shows his head and the island where the crashed ’chopper is: one tip for bombing, if the head and chopper islands are far apart use the nearest WP to the island where his head is, it takes a LONG time to glide from one end of the island chain to the other when you get an unfortunate spawn like that.

That said, I’ve done several ‘wins’ where I’ve not even landed one hit on him and not had a problem with rewards from the boss chest.

(edited by Kerin.9125)

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

It just seems odd that you have the dragon in the middle of a bunch of islands but only a chosen few are able to target him? Especially if all are equal distance from any part of his body.

As for the rewards/chests for this fight, it seems that you should get credit if you have engaged in the entire regional fight and done enough damage to all mobs involved to get 200% participation overall. I can see the amount of chest loot being balanced based upon your actual participation, but to not get credit at all, let alone not get any loot for your participation, seems bugged to me.