Daredevil beta test ?

Daredevil beta test ?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Kaizoku.1298

Kaizoku.1298

So we won’t be able to play Daredevil on the next beta event ?

Daredevil beta test ?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Daredevil beta test ?

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Yes, you will. They said so in that beta news post.

Daredevil beta test ?

Posted by: Wwefan.4982

Wwefan.4982

All Elite specs revealed so far will be available excluding Druid and Engi.

Sylvari mean

Daredevil beta test ?

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Is it just me or does “daredevil” sound more like it should be a name for an Engi Elite Spec? I don’t know, Daredevil just makes me think of evel Knievel or any other sort of stuntman type of thing. Which to me would fit an Engi perfectly….

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Daredevil beta test ?

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

haha, Daredevil makes me think of a blind attorney ninja dude. Not a bad connection to make.

Daredevil beta test ?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

ArenaNet … we would have words with thee – Disney

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Daredevil beta test ?

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

Marvel has the trademark for the comic book character DareDevil. It does not have ownership of the word daredevil. You cannot copyright a single word or small phrase (like that fool Taylor Swift who tried to do it with ‘shake it off’).

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

Daredevil beta test ?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I see people are humor impaired tonight since an obvious attempt at humor wasn’t seen as such.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Daredevil beta test ?

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

Is it just me or does “daredevil” sound more like it should be a name for an Engi Elite Spec? I don’t know, Daredevil just makes me think of evel Knievel or any other sort of stuntman type of thing. Which to me would fit an Engi perfectly….

Daredevil is an actual word in the dictionary, it means “a reckless person who enjoys doing dangerous things”

Daredevil beta test ?

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

Daredevil fits Thief well since Thief is the acrobatic profession. Daredevils are a type of acrobats who do dangerous stunts so it more of a extention for Thief Acrobatics style being a style focus on getting up close and personal despite the dangers this style has. Stuntman also have to be acrobatic sometimes as well to perform the daring stunts they do.

Engineers are not known to be acrobatic enough to perform daring and dangerous stunts and are more about Technology.

If Engineer gets something related to Staff it may fit more for a Technomancer.

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

Daredevil beta test ?

Paulytnz.7619

Daredevil is an actual word in the dictionary, it means “a reckless person who enjoys doing dangerous things”

This is exactly my point tho….. "a reckless person ". I would not class a thief as reckless, especially how I should imagine the way they will use the staff. I would consider thieves to be cunning, calculated and very precise at what they do. As for the staff I should imagine they will be very dangerous with them, again very skillful, a master one could say more like a Martial Arts type thing. So why not go down that road for a name?

Direct from Wikipedia (yes I know they are not the most reliable but this gives a good basic idea and is close to even what my Oxford Dictionary says):

“A stunt performer, often referred to as a stuntman, or daredevil, is someone who performs dangerous stunts, often as a career”.

So to me a daredevil is less skillful or planning than what I would perceive a thief/assassin to be. More riskful, but they would take calculated risks where as a thief/assassin/martial artist type thing is VERY precise to the point they are not taking a risk, it is just pure skill/talent for them.

As for my engi remark, they are already considered steam punk or tinkerers, thus fitting with a Evel Knievel type daredevil.

But hey that’s just my opinion.

Daredevil beta test ?

Paulytnz.7619

Daredevil fits Thief well since Thief is the acrobatic profession. Daredevils are a type of acrobats who do dangerous stunts so it more of a extention for Thief Acrobatics style being a style focus on getting up close and personal despite the dangers this style has. Stuntman also have to be acrobatic sometimes as well to perform the daring stunts they do.

Engineers are not known to be acrobatic enough to perform daring and dangerous stunts and are more about Technology.

If Engineer gets something related to Staff it may fit more for a Technomancer.

“Engineers are not known to be acrobatic enough to perform daring and dangerous stunts”

Yet Engi is the most crazy of all the classes at getting all over the place doing acrobatic style gameplay and risky things.

Rocket Boots.
Rifle Jumpshot.
Elixir Gun skill 4 (makes him jump backwards all crazy like).

“If Engineer gets something related to Staff it may fit more for a Technomancer”

I did not base my remark about Daredevil and Engi based on the staff at all, more just for the “title” or name. I could imagine if Engi ever gained the ability to “merge” with their turrets or do some other crazy/risky type thing that they would be considered that title due to that and the crazy skills they have in game now.

I mean seriously, what’s more risky than using a monkey wrench for a weapon!? A staff? please that would be childs play. :P

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

Daredevil beta test ?

Posted by: Starfall.6813

Starfall.6813

This is exactly my point tho….. "a reckless person ". I would not class a thief as reckless, especially how I should imagine the way they will use the staff. I would consider thieves to be cunning, calculated and very precise at what they do. As for the staff I should imagine they will be very dangerous with them, again very skillful, a master one could say more like a Martial Arts type thing. So why not go down that road for a name?

Direct from Wikipedia (yes I know they are not the most reliable but this gives a good basic idea and is close to even what my Oxford Dictionary says):

“A stunt performer, often referred to as a stuntman, or daredevil, is someone who performs dangerous stunts, often as a career”.

So to me a daredevil is less skillful or planning than what I would perceive a thief/assassin to be. More riskful, but they would take calculated risks where as a thief/assassin/martial artist type thing is VERY precise to the point they are not taking a risk, it is just pure skill/talent for them.

This is all just semantics, but I would say that a professional stuntman or daredevil is going to be a highly skilled individual who prepares for his performances with meticulous planning to minimize risk as much as possible. After all, that’s how you get to stay a professional stuntman/daredevil.

Daredevil beta test ?

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

While Engi does get gadgets that allow them to perform these feats, Lore wise they only perform these feats because of their gadgets they design and not out of their own physical abilities.

Other than that Thief also has a origin background called “Determination” which are Thiefs that are not stealthy but more direct in physical combat and taking risks which may explain part of the theme for Daredevil.

Daredevil so far seem to follow the concept of a “Determination” origin Thief.