Day Six Guild Hall Statistics

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

How many players do you actually need to claim a guild hall? Tried it with three players (full berserker), but the damage was not enough.

We did it with 6 not exactly top tier people.. Just took a few tries.

You can pull it off with three people, but you’re going to need boosters, full on DPS builds, and a lot of luck on the wurm spawns.

With 4 you just need the luck on the wurm spawns and to play well.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: besh.5940

besh.5940

Is it possible for you to mention which 7 guilds had completed the arena at the time of the post?

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

4202 unique guilds x 250 player cap = 1,050,500 potential players.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Who claimed their guild hall the fastest? As in shortest time spent in the claiming instance.

Posted by: Techst.8671

Techst.8671

Who got the first guild arena?

Schutt (Schett) The Shadows [TA]
Team Aggression
Retired Red Guard

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Who got the first guild arena?

Are you including tier 1 ?

Posted by: Darkorical.9213

Darkorical.9213

I would love to see a data dump on guild hall claiming if nothing else to look up what number our guild was (we waited till Saturday at reset)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Shenanigrams! I know a ton of guilds have claimed the Lost Precipice and to see that over one thousand more guilds have claimed the Gilded Hollow than the Precipice is pretty unintuitive. Suspicious, Seth, suspicious. Dara, did you bribe Seth?

It may be tied to the updraft problem in the Lost Precipice. Without ability to make those permanent, that hall just loses a lot on its cool factor.
Now, a more suspiciousl mind than mine might have wondered who made a decision to turn those off after succesful capture (and why).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: InfiniteStratos.9485

InfiniteStratos.9485

Do you have the stats for the first few guild hall claims for both NA and EU? I’m really curious because my guild managed to claim our hall 2hrs 16mins after launch, and I wanted to see where we ranked

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

While both of the halls are visually interesting, they are not actually very good as Guild Halls lol. Both of them are massive, ergo don’t feel like a “hall” or a structure. They feel like we stumbled upon some bit of land or caves and decided to squat there. It’s not like we have claimed a fort type thing, which I supposed I resonate with Guild Halls.

Also as actual halls, they are really only good for meeting in. Certainly QD, Ebonhawke and Rata Sum are FAR more convenient for crafting, tp and banks.

However, I DID love doing the claiming missions. The bosses in there are so much cooler than the Guardian boss in the raid Beta I played. Is there a way this claim could be part of weekly guild missions?

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Haha I knew the Gilded Hollow would win. Everyone loves the shinies and all of those puns helped of course! Other devs need to learn how to pun more. :P

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

" 5) 7 guilds have completed restoring their arena, meaning they unlocked the second mainline arena upgrade."
I guess all pve Guilds right?
why is it required to play pve to build tavern and quary?
it´s very anoying for us wvw /spvp guilds

FLOT, a WvW guild also, unlocked the arena around midnight Pacific. If you have a lot of gold, you can get the materials faster ;-) Thanks, Fatalis!

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Posted by: Snowball.3497

Snowball.3497

What guild was the first one to swap guild hall?

Particlar – Desolation – [Hs]
World First Wurm KillRaid Sells on Twitch
Origin of Diboof

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Hahahah, that interaction between Red posts. Epic. Don’t think i’ve ever seen such mindgame between Anet Employees at same time! Epic. Lmao!

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: Insiferi.4831

Insiferi.4831

I have a concern to express, since this topic seems to be getting some attention about Guild Halls: our guild has no level appropriate Guild missions to complete, and thus no way to earn Favor to unlock our hall.

We would love to contribute a point to your statistics (our secret as to who for) but unfortunately we’re stuck waiting another week to see if we can earn Favor then. Sorry to spoil the mood, just wondering if this is a problem anybody is aware of as I’ve not seen any information about it anywhere else, and hopefully it’s a rare or isolated occurence.

That said, the only reason we’re so anxious about it is because we’re desperate to claim a hall of our own, we helped another guild claim theirs and you guys did a fantastic job. Keep up the good work, and hopefully we’ll be a tally mark on your betting board soon. ^u^

Posted by: Taida.4987

Taida.4987

Could the difference between guild halls be caused by the fact that Updraft Jumping Pads in Lost Precipice seem to be currently bugged? They work fine during Expedition in allowing smooth sailing, but afterwards? Nope, walk up to it and press F to activate flimsy flow of air on that single pad only. Severely disappointing if this is the intended behavior.

Posted by: popaz.1524

popaz.1524

Guild Halls have been in game now for about six days. Here are some statistic so far:
1) Lost Precipice has been captured 1465 times
2) Gilded Hollow has been captured 2751 times
3) The very first guild hall to be captured is Lost Precipice by the guild “Za Drots”. They captured their guild hall less than two hours after launch.
4) Guild Halls have been captured by 4202 unique guilds, meaning 14 guilds have switched guild halls so far.
5) 7 guilds have completed restoring their arena, meaning they unlocked the second mainline arena upgrade.

Hey, what’s the highest guild level for Gilded Hollow?? Thanks!!

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

My guild decided on a guild hall by vote. To my (pleasant) surprise, the Lost Precipice won and we’re currently in the process of making it our home. That said, the Gilded Hollow has a nice tavern, no idea what ours is gonna be.

For those interested, we claimed the hall with a team of 5, one of us without updrafts, but were reduced to 4 for the last couple of fights due to connection issues. If memory serves… 2 druids, 1 chrono, 1 berserker (the walker) and 1 tempest (the disconnected).

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I would like to jump in and just let you devs know: I love the Guild Halls! While ours is still growing due to numbers, we had a blast exploring the huge area! Props for the Guild Halls team, you guys are AMAZING! <3

My guild decided on a guild hall by vote. To my (pleasant) surprise, the Lost Precipice won and we’re currently in the process of making it our home. That said, the Gilded Hollow has a nice tavern, no idea what ours is gonna be.

For those interested, we claimed the hall with a team of 5, one of us without updrafts, but were reduced to 4 for the last couple of fights due to connection issues. If memory serves… 2 druids, 1 chrono, 1 berserker (the walker) and 1 tempest (the disconnected).

Of course, because tempest makes no difference. HAHAHA :x

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Keira Chan.8159

Keira Chan.8159

All the WvW guilds racing for the halls…. Gun Sqaud [GS] picked up our Arena yesterday afternoon and the resulting 1v1s were a blast. Once the GvGs start picking up, it’ll be even more fun.

The looks, features, and lore surrounding the Guild Halls are great, easily my favorite new feature of HoT.

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

Another fun fact that I feel is relevant to this “discussion”: the Arenanet guild chose and captured the Lost Precipice Guild Hall.

shhh! Seth what are you doing!

Sands like he is trying to influence the outcome of the wager. #TeamLostPrecipice

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I guess I can agree to that…

Just don’t feel too bad as the numbers for Gilded Hollow continue to increase because the players know what is best!

It will increase at least by one- my guild took LP with what we had online in order to start upgrading. We have scheduled a time to take GH so that we can have the hall we really wanted.

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

Of course, because tempest makes no difference. HAHAHA :x

Hehe, actually she was pretty good at laying down fields for us druids to blast or shoot through. All in all, quite fun. It really helped with the fights she was a part of (6-7 of them, we failed one because I fell off a cliff and others for various reasons).

I don’t know how Gilded Hollow claiming compares, but Lost Precipice takes a lot of gliding around …and it rocks.

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

Gilded is awesome because of all the gold and shinies around. IT also has aztec-inspired vibe to it.

Lost precipice reminds me of nomads and air benders xD

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Guilded is overly gaudy and really the same everywhere. No updrafts and just feels the same all over. Like someone wrapped it all in gold film and there. Oh yay shiny.

Lost Precipice is open and free with room to explore and you can easily waypoint to where you need to go if you don’t want to traverse the map.

I have one guild who chose Guilded by way too many votes. and it’s an okay hall, but meh.

The other guild voted in strawpoll and it tied. Then we voted in TS and got another tie…so we flipped a coin and Precipice won (thank goodness). It’s a gorgeous hall and I love it so much!

#TeamLostPrecipice <3

Posted by: dalendria.3762

dalendria.3762

Well, I’m not trying to start an Arenanet Dev war (wink wink) but I love Guilded Hollow.

that’s all

Seriously, excellent job all of you on the mission and guild design. For me, that will be while separate zone and game mode to explore. I can see myself spending many days in there (probably because i will be lost due to the huge size lol).

Can you feel it? HOT HOT HOT

Posted by: Arete.7019

Arete.7019

LP is cool, but would be way cooler with the updrafts all enabled after its captured.

Posted by: Valdemas.4960

Valdemas.4960

3) The very first guild hall to be captured is Lost Precipice by the guild “Za Drots”. They captured their guild hall less than two hours after launch.

Woah this is rather unexpected to us, we were sure someone else beat us to it. Didn’t really plan to be first, just sorta happened. Well I guess I’ll use these 5 minutes of fame to get some recruits, if there are Russian speakers that don’t yet know about us.

Za Drots is a Russian speaking gaming community with a strong presence in GW2 since launch. We like our WvW a lot, with mixed results most of the time, going to be more active in GvGs with HoT out. We have a sizable PvE wing that is getting ready for raids, planning to launch at least 2 groups when they go live.

If you’re looking for a stable WvW raid that doesn’t disband every half a year or for a place to get into the new and upcoming HoT content you can leave an application at our website zadrots.ru

Vinita Rush, ZDs Officer

Posted by: TheDarkShiek.7854

TheDarkShiek.7854

Guild halls look great and an awesome place to hang out Thanks A-Net! It was a ton of fun claiming it too with my guild till 3 AM!

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

Woah this is rather unexpected to us, we were sure someone else beat us to it. Didn’t really plan to be first, just sorta happened. Well I guess I’ll use these 5 minutes of fame to get some recruits, if there are Russian speakers that don’t yet know about us.

Za Drots is a Russian speaking gaming community with a strong presence in GW2 since launch. We like our WvW a lot, with mixed results most of the time, going to be more active in GvGs with HoT out. We have a sizable PvE wing that is getting ready for raids, planning to launch at least 2 groups when they go live.

If you’re looking for a stable WvW raid that doesn’t disband every half a year or for a place to get into the new and upcoming HoT content you can leave an application at our website zadrots.ru

they finally avenged the miracle on ice… no one expected it to be in gw2 guild hall claiming tho

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

#TeamGildedHollows The only guild hall needed.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…