Defiance bar

Defiance bar

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

I think that revenant will get it for their overall lack of stunbreaks outside of legend swap.
I personally cannot imagine swapping legend just to break stun. What do you guys think?

obey me

Defiance bar

Posted by: Xcorpdog.2840

Xcorpdog.2840

I think that revenant will get it for their overall lack of stunbreaks outside of legend swap.
I personally cannot imagine swapping legend just to break stun. What do you guys think?

Considering necro(and Ele, mesmer, engi) is a thing, there is no reason to think that a class has to be given multiple sources of stunbreak.

Defiance bar

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

You kidding? Legend swap is a stunbreak?

That’s like having a stunbreak on weapon swap.
That sounds amazing, I’d take that in a heartbeat and be happy with it!
A stunbreak on a 10 second cooldown? Sweet!

(I assume the legend swap cooldown isn’t much higher than weapon swap cooldown.)

Defiance bar

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

(I assume the legend swap cooldown isn’t much higher than weapon swap cooldown.)

Only a stunbreak if they take the right traitline. Meaning that, from what we’ve seen so far, a Revenant must take Jallis and/or Invocation specialization to have any stunbreaks at all.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Defiance bar

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Last two legends may have stun break.

Defiance bar

skowcia.8257

Only a stunbreak if they take the right traitline. Meaning that, from what we’ve seen so far, a Revenant must take Jallis and/or Invocation specialization to have any stunbreaks at all.

Not to mention that swapping legend might put you in a bad position. That applied also to current classes that would wep swap instead. I do not even consider swapping legend to stunbreak unless im low on energy. That and someone might cc you after legend swap. Retrubution line with protection on cc will be a must.

Not to mention that rite of the dwarf is a bad skill to stunbreak cause it lock revenant into 3 sec animation. Thats basically a mace head crank from thief unless you have a dodge to waste which rbeaks the purpose of a stunbreak.

Last two legends may have stun break.

I doubt it. Espesially Shiro as hes a dps legend.

Basically Jalis in current state will be a must in pvp for his ridiculous stability uptime.

obey me

Defiance bar

Posted by: Palindrome.8904

Palindrome.8904

If the elementalist elite is a melee-range fighter, I could see a defiance bar on that simply because they would otherwise melt easily on CC.

Defiance bar

skowcia.8257

If the elementalist elite is a melee-range fighter, I could see a defiance bar on that simply because they would otherwise melt easily on CC.

Except they already have good access to stability, protection on demand, and few stunbreakers with secondary effects. For comprasion rev has olny 1 joke stunbreak and to get it they are forced to pick up a legend.

Going Mallyx/Ventari leaves you with 0 stunbreaks unless you willing to swap legend (if trained ofc..) but as i explained above it may leave you in a bad position – easily countered by just waiting for revenant to swap and cc him to death, or forcing you to swap to utilities you wont need for x situation.

Imagine dragonhunter that has to swap from gs to lb in melee range against gs+hammer war and be stuck with it for 10sec. Its asking to get rekt from that point on.

Also d/d is pretty much a melee fighter already and they doing fine. Same logic could be applied to engineer as well cause they getting hammer. Its kind of funny that necros dindt get defiance bar tho.

Current desing basically forces every pvp revenant into Jalis/x – great build diversity right there. Not olny you cant swap utilities (something i can deal with) but you are forced into Jalis as mandatory skillset otherwise anyone with moderate access to cc will walk over revenant by cc him to death.

obey me

(edited by skowcia.8257)

Defiance bar

Posted by: Silhouette.5631

Silhouette.5631

Repeat after me. Defiance bar is for giant npcs. Stability stacks are for players

Defiance bar

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

Repeat after me. Defiance bar is for giant npcs. Stability stacks are for players

Maybe you didn’t get the memo.

One of the new specializations is going to get a defiance bar as a new class mechanic. (It may or may not be tied to a grandmaster trait, I don’t remember)

Unless it doesn’t work out well and the devs scrap the whole idea, but they already said they’re planning on giving a break bar to a playable class.

We just don’t know which one yet, hence the speculation that Revenant might get it. Warior, Engineer and Elementalist are also candidates. (It’d be ridiculous on a thief, and it seems highly unlikely to be a druid feature)

Edit:

Also, for what it’s worth, my money is on Ele getting it.

Defiance would make a player into an unstoppable juggernaut. It’s an obvious addition to warrior, too obvious in my opinion. The point of Elite specializations is to change up a classes playstyle, Warriors already have lots of stability and are juggernaut-y so it doesn’t really switch much up, really.

It’d mesh nicely with Engie’s new hammer, and CCs are one of engie’s major weaknesses which makes the new melee weapon a liability, so it could work out well. The defiance bar might even be a result of some kind of shielding gadget so the new skills/utilities could use the defiance bar as ’fuel" by draining it from the shield.

But I think Ele’s are getting it because the name “Tempest” gives it away. It sounds like it’s themed after storms and weather. And the thing about a tempest is it can be violent and unstoppable. Plus, being a light class, they’ll still have a weakness in their inherent squishniess. So a Tempest would be an unstoppable force that’s near impossible to pin down or knock away, so you’d need to meet them with an equal amount of force and burst them down with raw damage instead of trying to disable them.

Also, for that matter, I think the pulsing stability transformations, like Tornado and Rampage, should also have temporary defiance bars instead of the 3 stacks thing. (and perhaps emptying it might even force cancel the transformation early) Both those skills would make much more sense that way.

(edited by Arioso.8519)

Defiance bar

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Ele with defiance bar would be extremely difficult to take down in pvp….

Defiance bar

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Ele with defiance bar would be extremely difficult to take down in pvp….

Well somebody has to get it unless it’s rev again maybe druid imo as a “strong root system”.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Defiance bar

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

Engineer or warrior seem like better candidates.

Warrior because I expect them to get an elite spec that buffs their tanking so that would fit.

Engineer because as someone said they suck at dealing with CC.

But given all the love revs seem to be getting, it wouldn’t surprise me if they got the defiance bar too.

Defiance bar

skowcia.8257

I doubt warrior will get defiance bar, its looks too obvious. He already have a good amount of stability, stunbreaks. Also the last thing warrior needs is more passive crap.

Druid is yet another caster class, what they would need defiance for?
Thief with defiance bar will be broken, period. They are already hard to pin down.

I guess its between engi and rev.

Engi on it own have load of cc. They also have low cd stunbreaks, load of vigor and many active defenses.
Howered given the fact engi is designed to run kits their builds usually has olny 1-2 stunbreaks at most. Their access to stability is nearly next to 0 as well.
From the base class rework we have seen AN planning to put on pulsing stability while wielding flamethrower tho.
They also have traits to gain protection on a cc for 3 sec on 5cd and another one which gives flat 20% reduction, combined together they basically have -53% damage under cc.
Engineers are known for being one of the stronger classes in pvp as it stands now, without cc weakness they probably evolve from SS into god tier status. Also even if engi pick up a melee hammer they still can run mortal for ranged option at any given time <luxury which rev doesnt have. Lets also not forget that engi have poor condition cleanse.

Then we have revenant which despite stability on a dodge he seems to be susceptible to cc – if you ask me its kinda weird for a soldier frontline class that is stricly melee oriented (1 ranged wep)
They borrowed a trait from engineer to get protection on a cc, they can swap legend to breakstun (great olny on paper>see foot in the grave), and they can stunbreak in Jalis legend to enter as i previously stated 3sec animation which is basically a selfdaze. Jalis also offers high uptime stability ofc if you stand still in the field.

Yes im aware that they still have to reveal Shiro and Glint, but i doubt that neither of them will get access to stunbreak. And even if they still ending up with lower amount of stunbreaks. Lets also not forget that from PR view it makes sense for revenant to gain defiance bar as it stops blinds as well – rev wears blindfold after all.

Elite specs are supposed to “fix” or actually address some weakness of base classes;
Mesmer got aoe they lacked and a bit better condition removal
Guard got cc, more condi and solid dps range option (traps sux but still..)
Necro cleave they asked for (yet still lacking support) and quite good access to stability via shroud knight
<speculation> Druids probably will address the lack of support for rangers.

Base revenant seems to have a good access to condi removal (possibly even ability to transfer in Shiro) all they lack are proper stunbreaks and even if revenant will still be behind other classes. Either devs will adjust it by giving them more stunbreaks baseline (1 stunbreak per legend) or via traits in power line or they adjust it by elite spec for defiance bar. Forcing players to pick up Jalis/x takes all diversity from revenant and it will lead revenant to become a biggest fail of gw2 along with NPE.

Engineer spec have 2 choices; either it will adjust their condition removal or lack of stability.

For which candidat do you vote on? Engi or rev?

obey me

Defiance bar

Posted by: Sneakier.9460

Sneakier.9460

What tha hell are you guys talking about?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Breakbar

Gunnars Hold= Tuga Land

Defiance bar

skowcia.8257

What tha hell are you guys talking about?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Breakbar

“With the introduction of new skills, there’s also new traits for each Elite Specialization with professions gaining access to three minor and nine major traits. Are there going to be any cool ones? Definitely. A grandmaster trait that gives you a Defiance bar is on the cards, so is a trait that removes conditions when you evade an attack (yes please!).”

http://www.tentonhammer.com/news/guild-wars-2/guild-wars-2-heart-thorns-specializations-and-jon-peters-qa

obey me