Didn't get Elite Spec Weapon Skin

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Ranatoa.4869

Ranatoa.4869

Did anyone else have this issue? I selected as far up the tree as I could and trained everything at once. I did this on a Guardian and didn’t get the longbow.

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

What does the revenant get? I insta 80’d him and put him in legendaries but i dont recall getting anything for the Herald. I did get the Bo Staff (Traveler’s Bo Staff) on me Thief.
Love it..but no really..What was the Herald supposed to get?

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

What does the revenant get? I insta 80’d him and put him in legendaries but i dont recall getting anything for the Herald. I did get the Bo Staff (Traveler’s Bo Staff) on me Thief.
Love it..but no really..What was the Herald supposed to get?

Herald gets a crystal shield themed after Glint, the legend they gain from their elite spec.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

My engie didn’t get her hammer when I did as many as I had. However I got enough later for another trait and the chest appeared then.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

I trained like 1 trait on my ele and got the skin.

Ranatoa.4869

My engie didn’t get her hammer when I did as many as I had. However I got enough later for another trait and the chest appeared then.

Thanks for the feedback, hopefully when I train my next trait it will appear. Just need 1 more hero challenge. I’m not home now but I’ll try and update later.

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

You get a starter item when you train teh first 65 points into the Elite Spec it will be in a bonus chest above the mini map. This item is an Exotic Precursor weapon to the Ascended skin version. It Unlocks the Collection (located in the collections section of the hero panel called Specialization Collections) that you must complete to get the final skin. It’s a small and easily completed collection as well. GL and HF!

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Ranatoa.4869

I trained like 1 trait on my ele and got the skin.

Based on feedback, I’m guessing the system doesn’t recognize the achievement if you train more than one at a time. You are supposed to get it as soon as you train the first thing.

Ranatoa.4869

You get a starter item when you train teh first 65 points into the Elite Spec it will be in a bonus chest above the mini map. This item is an Exotic Precursor weapon to the Ascended skin version. It Unlocks the Collection (located in the collections section of the hero panel called Specialization Collections) that you must complete to get the final skin. It’s a small and easily completed collection as well. GL and HF!

I know, I trained about 40% in 1 click and I didn’t get the reward chest.

Posted by: Ortheus.5261

Ortheus.5261

I didn’t get the skin on my Mesmer/Chronomacer. I did get it on every other class when accessing the elite line.

The only thing different with my Mesmer was that she was logged in Heart of the Mists instance when i placed my points. Not sure if that had anything to do with it but was the only thing different from my other characters.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I didn’t get the skin on my Mesmer/Chronomacer. I did get it on every other class when accessing the elite line.

The only thing different with my Mesmer was that she was logged in Heart of the Mists instance when i placed my points. Not sure if that had anything to do with it but was the only thing different from my other characters.

Same for my engie. She was in the PvP lobby and didn’t get it. The others I made sure they were in PvE, and they got theirs.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Ranatoa.4869

I bet that’s what it was, I was in the Heart of the Mists at the time as well. It was mentioned that just training the next trait should complete it. I have not been able to test that yet.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

That may be true, I got it on all my characters on the first thing I did, except my Thief, who I leveled about halfway in my first attempt, did did noy unlock the free staff until after I unlocked the next trait.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Oky.1208

Oky.1208

I also didn’t get the skin on my mesmer when I unlocked Chrono, I was in the edge of the mist when I unlocked Chorno

Ranatoa.4869

I was finally able to get enough points to unlock my next one. I did it in the maguuma jungle (Verdant Brink) and it unlocked the skin. So it would appear that unlocking traits in the Mists does not apply the achievements.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I might be misunderstanding the issue, and if so, I apologize. But I wonder if this update note may apply:

• Fixed a bug that prevented Adept and Master Elite Specialization achievements from completing in the Heart of the Mists. For characters who had their elite spec achievements broken, a “Specialization Achievement Repair” NPC has been added to the heart of the mists you can speak to who will repair the achievement.

Again, sorry if that’s completely irrelevant, but the discussion reminded me of the note so I wanted to share it in this thread. (IOW, the Repair NPC might be helpful.)

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

I might be misunderstanding the issue, and if so, I apologize. But I wonder if this update note may apply:

• Fixed a bug that prevented Adept and Master Elite Specialization achievements from completing in the Heart of the Mists. For characters who had their elite spec achievements broken, a “Specialization Achievement Repair” NPC has been added to the heart of the mists you can speak to who will repair the achievement.

Again, sorry if that’s completely irrelevant, but the discussion reminded me of the note so I wanted to share it in this thread. (IOW, the Repair NPC might be helpful.)

Shouldn’t you not be on your way to your bed Gaile? Or going out doing something nice instead of reading grumpy posts from us? Isn’t it Friday night 11 PM for you?

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

Posted by: Exxcalibur.6203

Exxcalibur.6203

No fucntionality if you already have the weapon /achieve on another toon of the same class. I have 3 necros… so no weapon.

Is this working as intended?

“Skritt, I’m hit!"

(edited by Exxcalibur.6203)

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

No fucntionality if you already have the weapon /achieve on another toon of the same class. I have 3 necros… so no weapon.

Hmm, you know, that’s a good question.

Posted by: Exxcalibur.6203

Exxcalibur.6203

Hmm, you know, that’s a good question.

woot!

“Skritt, I’m hit!"

Ranatoa.4869

Thanks Gaile, that indeed seems to be what the issue was. We also found that training the next trait/skill also activates the achievement (though this would undoubtedly be helpful is someone unlocked everything completely and didn’t have anything else to train.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Thanks Gaile, that indeed seems to be what the issue was. We also found that training the next trait/skill also activates the achievement (though this would undoubtedly be helpful is someone unlocked everything completely and didn’t have anything else to train.

Oh great! I’m glad I was able to help, then. I woke up wondering if you folks had found a solution. And remember, for individual issues, Customer Support can help you.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

I got all 8 weapons, on couple other alts that had enough points to start elite spec track didn’t get chest.

One each per account or one per toon? The repair NPC in PVP lobby didn’t help me any. If its a Exotic Precursor weapon (none of them say) then it makes since one per account, confirmation would be nice too!

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

(edited by JediYoda.1275)