Different voice choices for pers/liv story?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Nephrite.6954

Nephrite.6954

I know this is too much to ask because the devs would have to go back and redesign the voices all over again but I really think it’ll help players feel a bit more distinguish. Especially for people who particularly enjoy lore. I guess a few people have made this request before but I’m just going to make the same request again. Please take this into consideration.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

That would basically mean hiring at the very least 10 more voice actors PER language, which will be a rather massive cost.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Nephrite.6954

Nephrite.6954

That would basically mean hiring at the very least 10 more voice actors PER language, which will be a rather massive cost.

True true but maybe they could let one person play as multiple characters.

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

It simply won’t happen. The only way voice acting for something massive like MMORPGs will become more prevalent is when computers can synthesize text to speech more naturally. Voice actors aren’t cheap and the amount of speech in this game is immense. Do you realize how many different choices there are in the personal story? For each choice there is an actor voicing each race and gender combo. I think at one point they also wanted your responses to reflect your ‘personality’, but I think that was dropped at some point as it didn’t add much and is just prohibitively time consuming to include.

The fact that there is any voice acting at all and they are also fairly well known and respected is very impressive and not cheap. It’s simply impossible to ask for more.

Posted by: MattyP.6954

MattyP.6954

Yeah, I don’t think that this has any chance in Hell of happening. Even Dragon Age Inquisition on has two voice options per gender, and most MMOs feature entirely silent protagonists to begin with.

Server — Fort Aspenwood
Mains — Mathias of the Wood [Ranger]; Collaborator Bluatt [Engineer]
Alts — Necromancer, Warrior, Elementalist

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

You can dream, anyway. I would love they at least add some pitch manipulation or something like that. Its disturbing when your character speak the same as every one else in the map.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

While it would definitely be nice, voice actors are expensive (especially the names that voice our current player characters).

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]