Digital Download

Digital Download

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: TwistedTam.8310

TwistedTam.8310

Q:

So pretty simple question.i wanna purchase gw2 hot,however I don’t wanna buy it from guild wars I wanna buy it from a third party site.my only concern is I’m living in South Africa and I’m buying hot from a us online store.i can’t seem to find a clear answer 100% on if this will be a problem.some people say u have to buy gw2 keys in the region you are in or it won’t work and other people say that’s nonsense and u can buy the key wherever u want and use it on ur account.i have an na account so can I just buy a key from an na online store and use it or am I gonna have any issues?thanx in advance

(edited by TwistedTam.8310)

Digital Download

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

A:

South Africa is part of either region, NA or EU, so it doesn’t really matter which version you purchase.

The only difference is what currency the Gem Store asks for, i.e. Dollars, Pounds, etc.

Good luck.

Digital Download

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

So pretty simple question.i wanna purchase gw2 hot,however I don’t wanna buy it from guild wars I wanna buy it from a third party site.my only concern is I’m living in South Africa and I’m buying hot from a us online store.i can’t seem to find a clear answer 100% on if this will be a problem.some people say u have to buy gw2 keys in the region you are in or it won’t work and other people say that’s nonsense and u can buy the key wherever u want and use it on ur account.i have an na account so can I just buy a key from an na online store and use it or am I gonna have any issues?thanx in advance

If you are playing GW2 you already have HoT on your PC. All you are paying for is a CD key. You do not need to download anything else.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Digital Download

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

Save yourself a lot of hassle, if you are able to purchase from the official site then do so. There are a lot of third party sites selling scam keys don’t take the risk of getting ripped off.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Digital Download

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I think the info on having to buy a copy from your region is from way back when GW2 originally launched, and I’m not sure it was entirely accurate then.

If I remember correctly it actually just meant that if you bought an NA copy it would default to offering you the NA servers and you’d have to manually switch to EU ones if you wanted to play there, and the other way around for EU copies. Which could be an issue when everyone is new and it’s not that obvious that the list of servers you’re presented with isn’t necessarily all of them.

But you’re definitely in no danger of buying a key that won’t work with your account.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”