Discount

Discount

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Obogo.7948

Obogo.7948

Will there be a Heart of Thorns discount on account of it being Christmas and all?
I’ve just recently started getting back into it but don’t want to spend that much on the game if I’m just gonna play it for a few weeks.
Having fun at the moment, created a new character and learning all the old stuff again, still got my Level 80 though from many years ago, feels odd picking up from there. No clue what to do and I hate that feeling.

Anyway ye, so will there be a discount or no?

Thanks =)

Discount

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Anet has not announced if there will be one. HoT has been on sale 50% off I think twice now since LS3 started. I’m guessing/almost certain some time in the future it will be on sale again. So keep an eye out for another sale some time in the future.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Discount

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I doubt there will be a discount before Christmas, maybe after (maybe not).

Discount

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Considering the previous sales were the week before episode 1 and 3, the next one likely won’t be until episode 5, ~3 months away. Alternatively, it’s always on sale for varying amounts at dlgamer.us, where it’s currently 35%. If you want to go hunting, it can also be found for $10-20 at stores wanting to clear out the physical boxes.

The longer you wait though, you might as well wait for the next expansion which will include HoT for free, which is probably only a year away.

Discount

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’m not so sure waiting for the next expansion is the way to go. Expansions contain masteries which have to be leveled to continue. I’d rather have the current expansion and get what I want done in it before the next expansion comes out. Anyway, you can get the game discounted at places like DLGamer, who often have it on sale, even if Anet doesn’t.

Discount

Posted by: Obogo.7948

Obogo.7948

Ye ill probably get it from G2A or would codes from those sites work here in the UK?

Thanks for the help =)

Discount

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Ye ill probably get it from G2A or would codes from those sites work here in the UK?

Thanks for the help =)

There have been many reports of people that bought codes from G2A and ended up getting their accounts suspended/banned because the codes were bad/stolen. If you choose to buy from a source other than Anet make sure you buy from their list of authorized retailers.

You can search authorized retailers for the UK here:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/retailers/

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Discount

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Thanks for the help =)

Buying from G2A is a risk. You may get a good code. You may get a code bought with a stolen credit card. G2A will guarantee the code, but Anet will still ban your account if you get a bad one and you’d have to start over completely from scratch.

It’s really really not worth the risk.

Discount

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Thanks for the help =)

Buying from G2A is a risk. You may get a good code. You may get a code bought with a stolen credit card. G2A will guarantee the code, but Anet will still ban your account if you get a bad one and you’d have to start over completely from scratch.

It’s really really not worth the risk.

On top of this, since G2A is not an approved merchant for the game, ANet’s support will not offer assistance if you purchase from them. You really will be up a creek without a paddle.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Discount

Posted by: SoupRGyro.9017

SoupRGyro.9017

Considering the base game is 4+ years old and the HoT expansion is over a year old, charging $50 for the game is silly. My friend plays the f2p version and wants to buy the game, but refuses to buy from an online CDKey store as he’s been cheated in the past with invalid keys. Few brick and mortar stores have the game in stock and the ones that do, such as Walmart, still charge $50. Anet, it’s time to drop your prices and encourage new players, especially if the rumored second expansion is coming… gotta get people hooked on the game so you can sell more expansion copies!

Discount

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Or your friend can buy the next expansion and get base+hot bundled in