Do I get 2 accounts if I already own Gw2

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

I bought the game 2 years ago. If I but the expansion game for $49.99 do I get a completely new account with a new serial code?

Will I have 2 accounts to play with?

Is the expansion compatible with the 2 accounts or only with one?

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

No, you’re getting only the xpack.

Hitman.5829

mmm really? if I buy the game and install in on a new computer then I wont be able to play it? The description says that it comes with the core game. Please we need more information on this.

Laraley.7695

What? Are you trolling?

Hitman.5829

What? Are you trolling?

Im confused. The descriptions says that if you buy HoT it comes with the core game + the expansion. That means that if I install Gw2 on a new computer then I will be able to get 2 accounts right?

The old account and the new account?

Can someone please give information or links? thanks

Posted by: Harnel.6810

Harnel.6810

What? Are you trolling?

He’s not. According to multiple sources, you only get one key – which includes the base game if you don’t have it, but doesn’t give you anything extra if you already have the base game.

Laraley.7695

What? Are you trolling?

Im confused. The descriptions says that if you buy HoT it comes with the core game + the expansion. That means that if I install Gw2 on a new computer then I will be able to get 2 accounts right?

I’m pretty sure you’re trolling, but in case someone actually wants to know this:

If you’re an existing player, you’re not getting the vanilla game, only the xpack. The core game is added for free for new players, simple.

Laraley.7695

What? Are you trolling?

He’s not. According to multiple sources, you only get one key – which includes the base game if you don’t have it, but doesn’t give you anything extra if you already have the base game.

Not what I meant. Pretty sure everyone who is older than 10 years knows you do not need multiple pc’s to have different accounts.

Posted by: DoAyari.2719

DoAyari.2719

Laraley.7695

My guess is that there will be separate game keys for the original and for the expansion, so that you will be able to give the base game to your friends or start up a second account yourself so that you can troll people by entering dungeons with 300 AP, breezing through and then saying you don’t know why everyone says that you need to learn them first.

But this is just a guess, I would wait until official word comes to clarify.

What? Are you trolling?

You may need to read the preorder announcement again.

Christ, no. You’re not getting a freaking new code for the vanilla game if you have an account already.

Hitman.5829

Ok thanks guys. But I think you have not understood my question. Let me ask it again in more detail.

Suppose that I have 2 computers:
1.- computer 1 has GW2 installed.

NOW,
Suppose that I buy GW2 + expansion, this I will install it on computer 2.

Question:

Will i get 2 accounts to play?

Laraley.7695

Ok thanks guys. But I think you have not understood my question. Let me ask it again in more detail.

NOW,

Question:

Okay, I’ll answer your question.

You do not need another pc to have multiple account.

You will only get another account if you wish not to upgrade your current one and get a new one and start from scratch.

Only the second account will have HoT.

You can have a million accounts and play on them, but not at the same time.

Hitman.5829

NOW,

Question:

You will only get another account if you wish not to upgrade your current one and get a new one and start from scratch.

OK, I am so confused right now! Thanks for trying, Im going to send an email to Anet hopefully they can explain it better.

Posted by: Frostroses.4196

Frostroses.4196

NOW,

Question:

you just fed the troll yourself

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

If you buy HoT and link it to a new account, you will get the base game and the expansion for that new account. If you link it to an existing account, you will get the expansion for the existing account, but will not get a new account in addition.

Posted by: Deth.4109

Deth.4109

What? Are you trolling?

I’m pretty sure you’re trolling, but in case someone actually wants to know this:

If you’re an existing player, you’re not getting the vanilla game, only the xpack. The core game is added for free for new players, simple.

Posted by: Niyati.4215

Niyati.4215

You don’t need 2 computers if you have a second account. just change the info when logging in to get to the other account.

You can install the game on both comps if wanted, core and expansion. I would recommend Linking HoT to your main account. you would still need to buy HoT a second time for an alt account.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

The number of computers is irrelevant. You can play on multiple computers with just 1 account, or play multiple accounts on one computer.

What you’ll get if you pre-purchase HoT is a code that can be used in 1 of 2 ways:
1) Added to an existing account. This will allow you to access the HoT zones and all the content (like making a revenant) on your current account using your existing characters.

2) Make a new account. The one you have now will be unchanged and will have no access to HoT, but you can create a new account and make new characters that (when they get to level 80) will be able to go to the new zones.

What you can’t do is upgrade your current account to have access to HoT and make a new account that just gets the base game.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

no u get absolutely nothing from anet. u have to pay for the expasion and a basegame which u dont need. anet is greedy. they dont care that u have been spending money on the basegame etc, they dont care about current players, they want new players and want to get rid of the old ones. the old ones dont bring in enough money so they need new ones.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

I bought the game 2 years ago. If I but the expansion game for $49.99 do I get a completely new account with a new serial code?

Sorta.

Will I have 2 accounts to play with?

Yes, that is possible.

Is the expansion compatible with the 2 accounts or only with one?

Only one.

You will get one serial code when you buy HoT and it is a single-use code. You can do one of two things with it:

1. Make a new account with HoT enabled.
  2. Enable HoT on your current account.

These are mutually exclusive. If you make a new account with the code you cannot activate HoT for your current account, but if you activate HoT on your current account you cannot make a new account with the code.

Choose wisely.