Do I get a second account?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I haven’t seen this question asked yet in the uproar. I have the game already, so by definition of “comes with core game” I should get a second core game account serial, right?

Posted by: AWACS.6537

AWACS.6537

lolno

Fifteen Characters

No.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Only if you don’t attach the expansion to your old account. You can have a new account with the expansion and your old account doesn’t have it or you can have the old account with the expansion, but no extra new account.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

I haven’t seen this question asked yet in the uproar. I have the game already, so by definition of “comes with core game” I should get a second core game account serial, right?

It’s been answered. Probably not easy to search for within all this uproar. No. You get nothing except the new contents. In fact, you need to spend another $10 or grind for more gold if you want that new class that was introduced.

-S o S-

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

In fact, you need to spend another $10 or grind for more gold if you want that new class that was introduced.

Or delete that existing character that you don’t like and only kept around for storage purposes. Or use one of those four empty character slots that you haven’t ever used before. Or that one that you bought two years ago when it was on sale, but never got around to make a new character for.
Not everyone has all their character slots filled with irreplaceable alts.

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I plan on purchasing the deluxe edition, so I’m good on the character slot. Just wondering.

Back to the revelry

SleepingDragon.1596

In fact, you need to spend another $10 or grind for more gold if you want that new class that was introduced.

Or delete that existing character that you don’t like and only kept around for storage purposes. Or use one of those four empty character slots that you haven’t ever used before. Or that one that you bought two years ago when it was on sale, but never got around to make a new character for.

Not a good option. All of the characters are fully leveled up, geared up and each have their own uniqueness. If it was easy as to just delete, I would’ve done it a long time ago. I don’t have any characters as storage. I rely on guild bank for that.

-S o S-

SleepingDragon.1596

I plan on purchasing the deluxe edition, so I’m good on the character slot. Just wondering.

Back to the revelry

I was going to buy the ultimate for myself and 4 standards for the rest of family, but I’m not buying anything after I see what was done to the standard version. It’s a disgusting path ANet is taking and I’m patiently waiting to see if I will go back to my alternative games that I just held off on playing but already purchased.

-S o S-

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

Not a good option. All of the characters are fully leveled up, geared up and each have their own uniqueness. If it was easy as to just delete, I would’ve done it a long time ago. I don’t have any characters as storage. I rely on guild bank for that.

I understand and appreciate that this may not be an option for you (or a good number of other players). My point was just that not everyone is in the same position. Some people _do_have character slots to spare.

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

This has been answered 100 times already, but no. If you already own the game, the only way to claim your “Free Bonus” game is to start a whole new account. The moment you apply your Expansion purchase to an existing account, the “Free Bonus” game vanishes forever.

However… according to the Official FAQ, there will apparently be a Boxed Version of HoT. Maybe you’ll get 2 CD or something in that. Or maybe they just haven’t change the FAQ yet, who knows?
https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/105801626-Guild-Wars-2-Heart-of-Thorns-FAQ

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]