Do I need to farm all the heropoints 9x now?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

My main who collected all hero points (including the krait obelisc one in home instance and WvW) got 214 hero points leftover after unlocking all the current stuff.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

We really need a blog post or dev reaction to confirm how this will work.
And we need it now, so if there are many hero points needed, people can prepare.

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Posted by: shiro.2193

shiro.2193

It is currently possible to earn 214 hero points by doing all the available hero challenges. It doesn’t take that long, if you know the maps. I completed all 214 points on 19 characters months ago in anticipation for HoT.

However except for the hero challenges in the WvW Borderlands maps, all the hero challenges aren’t going anywhere and can be done after HoT arrives. However, the WvW Borderlands maps are going away, at least for a while, and will be replaced with a new Borderlands map. To be safe, it might be best to get the hero challenges in the wvw BL maps done asap on all characters.

To be safe the last two are one armor and one weapon skin so it should be in your account wardrobe so wouldnt you just need to do it on 9 one for each class if at all?

hiibari human thief
randal althor char warrior
hibbari norn guardian

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

As someone with a lot of character across a lot of accounts, I feel your pain I’d appreciate having a clear response from the Dev’s on what’s happening. Having a “Oh what the Kitten is this!” response on release day is not going to be pleasant. And, I’m pretty certain there’s going to be a lot of anger on release. Doing Hero Points and map completes are a big question mark over the next month.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: phor.7952

phor.7952

Just going to throw my 2c out there:
Except for Renown Hearts, map completion should be account-wide.

Running around for map completion (after the first time of course) is nothing short of a major grind.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Actually, phor, it’s a large source of leveling XP for PvE people. I’d hate to lose those little floaty stars chiming down to fill in my xp bar just because my first alt already went there.

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

I think that if you’re like me and you don’t care for the new elite-specific armor/weapon, then you will probably be fine without farming HPs on your existing 80s.

I don’t see value in wielding the same shield as 90% of all other chronomancers at launch. I’ve been waiting to use all these Fractal Shields for so long!

If you roll a new 80 or a Revenant, the story may be a little different.

Posted by: phor.7952

phor.7952

Actually, phor, it’s a large source of leveling XP for PvE people. I’d hate to lose those little floaty stars chiming down to fill in my xp bar just because my first alt already went there.

Compared to the xp you get from hearts, story, and xp scrolls, I’m not sure “large source” is a good descriptor.

You could argue that it helps, but you could also argue that getting from one lvl 15-25 zone to another 15-25 zone by waypointing instead of running helps.

Posted by: Nikked.7365

Nikked.7365

Edit: Question resolved. I was just confused. :P

Jacked Jackal :: Norn Mesmer :: Giant and Fabulous
Dragonbrand

(edited by Nikked.7365)

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

You didn’t understood Anet post correctly Nikked.

‘’Old skill points in excess of those earned by leveling and skill challenges will be converted into crafting materials for the Mystic Forge. Items and activities that were previously repeatable sources of skill points will now also provide that same crafting material.’’

So old skill point from leveling and skill challenges was transformed into Hero points. You get hero point from levelling and hero challenge just like you had skill points from leveling and skill challenges.

The remaining skill points. Meaning the skill points you received from level up AFTER level 80 and all those scrolls of knowledge, etc. Were transformed into spirit shards which is the crafting material.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Nikked.7365

Nikked.7365

I kept going back and forth on that. Didn’t make the connection to spirit shards and got myself all confused. Thanks for the response!

Map grinding it is then.

Jacked Jackal :: Norn Mesmer :: Giant and Fabulous
Dragonbrand

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

That’s the oldest announcement, Nikked. They clarified/updated that they were separating skill points into two things, Hero Points (for spec unlocks) and Spirit Shards (for buying the Mystic Forge stuff off Miyani). Hero Points are gained by a) leveling up, you get hunks of them occasionally at various levels and b) doing Hero Challenges, ie the old Skill Points in the maps, and c) maybe some other way in WvW they haven’t mentioned yet. Spirit Shards are gained via doing 3 dailies or getting them to drop in the map, the latter being considered sporadic and unreliable (though I think I’ve gotten them from SW Labyrinth tier completions).

If you grind your way specifically through the Hero Challenges in the maps without worrying about clearing the whole map, then you’ll have a stash of Hero Points waiting for Elite unlock. There may or may not be something else you must do first before you can spend them on the Elite, no one knows that part yet.