Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: PomstaZLesa.9238

PomstaZLesa.9238

Q:

will we have to buy it to play guild wars 2 or will we be still able to play guild wars 2 without expansion like now?

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

A:

I think you’ll find helpful info here: https://help.guildwars2.com/home

However, I see your point: You are asking, “Do I need to purchase the expansion to continue playing Guild Wars 2?” The answer to that is “No.” You can continue to play Guild Wars 2 with the expansion or without. You can play Guild Wars 2 and add the expansion when it is released or later, if that’s your choice.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

yes you need to buy the expansion. PRice and date was not released yet.

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: The Tee Why.4807

The Tee Why.4807

Pretty kitten sure it isnt REQUIRED.

Just know that you won’t be able to explore that region without the expansion.

Leader of [iLL] iLLuminatriots. | Gate of Madness

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: PomstaZLesa.9238

PomstaZLesa.9238

However, I see your point: You are asking, “Do I need to purchase the expansion to continue playing Guild Wars 2?” The answer to that is “No.” You can continue to play Guild Wars 2 with the expansion or without. You can play Guild Wars 2 and add the expansion when it is released or later, if that’s your choice.

awesome, thanks for quick response. this is really great since i probably wont be able to get it on launch but still would like to play gw2 while i’m getting heart of thorns

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: The Tee Why.4807

The Tee Why.4807

awesome, thanks for quick response. this is really great since i probably wont be able to get it on launch but still would like to play gw2 while i’m getting heart of thorns

Would be company suicide making people buy an expansion to keep playing. Like getting someone addicted to a drug then charging more for it

Leader of [iLL] iLLuminatriots. | Gate of Madness

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: NYG.2568

NYG.2568

A better question is..Will you need to purchase HoT to continue the LS? This alone can ruin peoples experience of the Game if they can not afford such an expansion.

Remember we don’t draw on cave walls anymore.Language and texts have evolved since.

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

So, there will be a new WvW Map that is locked to people who haven’t purchased the expansion? And a new sPvP mode taht’s locked?

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

And changes to the classes/specializations and the economic problems posed by those who do/don’t? I see it as problematic to not be able to utilize important new mechanics for classes which may cause discrepancies in the PvP formats. The same applies to new items, skins, etc.

If these are to be implemented into the base game, then what exactly are we paying for with the expansion aside from some new lore and precursor acquisition?

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: MaJoBooOM.4851

MaJoBooOM.4851

I have another question , can we buy the expansion with in-game money – gems ?
Cause for me personally I couldn’t effort buy it with real money. But would love to play it , and as there is already a possibility to buy the digital deluxe version with gems , that’s why I m asking.

Riverside. Marcus Yami [Gold]

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

I remember being told that content would be delivered to use through Living World updates but now they’re throwing out the content as an expansion. I’m pretty sure you will have to pay. You’ll still be able to play GW2 but u wont be able to play the new content. Way to isolate people from the community anet.

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

(edited by Chuck.8196)

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

You guys are asking really good questions, and I wish I had the answers, but I don’t. We are going to start up on a lot of “deep dives” in the future, and I’m going to gather questions from the forums over the weekend and pass them along!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: Arhon.1638

Arhon.1638

Why are you asking if you HAVE TO buy it ?!

YOU MUST buy it! its a MUST.

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: Arhon.1638

Arhon.1638

I have another question , can we buy the expansion with in-game money – gems ?
Cause for me personally I couldn’t effort buy it with real money. But would love to play it , and as there is already a possibility to buy the digital deluxe version with gems , that’s why I m asking.

Seeing how you can upgrade to digital deluxe with gems maybe you will be able to .

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

To continue playing: No.
To ever be happy again: Yes.

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

just please remember to put an option to purchase through the gem store. some of us have more in game gold than real world money..

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

How does it work when other MMOs release expansions. (I don’t play them so I genuinely don’t know.) For example, WoW has about 7 expansions now, if I wanted to play it do I have to buy them all before I can even start? Or can I just get the base game and maybe the first one or two and just be locked out of certain areas/classes/races?

I know that’s how it worked in GW1. Even when all 4 campaigns and Eye of the North (expansion) had been released you could just buy 1 of them and you’d still be able to play. You just couldn’t go to the other continents, or get the skills, heroes, armor sets etc. associated with them.

But obviously this game is different in a lot of ways, it seems more like traditional MMOs so I’m not so sure.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: SillaKnight.6172

SillaKnight.6172

How is this gonna work?
How the guild hall and pvp stuff work for peps that dont have hot?

If I’m in a guild with guild’s hall but I did not buy HoT, Am I not be able to help my friends build the hall and see the hall? Same question with all pvp stuff.

(edited by SillaKnight.6172)

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: KittyCat.2059

KittyCat.2059

can you please clarify if each account requires an expansion purchase?

Debating on getting an char expansion slot or a second account.

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: HyruleanHyroe.1473

HyruleanHyroe.1473

just please remember to put an option to purchase through the gem store. some of us have more in game gold than real world money..

I wouldn’t hold your breath. Maybe for an upgrade to a deluxe version, as with the current release, but if the point of an expansion is to create an influx of funding for Anet it wouldn’t make much sense to accept play money for it.

I have a “band”, Beatiatrician: http://youtu.be/zw_Sl-El8_I

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

How does it work when other MMOs release expansions. (I don’t play them so I genuinely don’t know.) For example, WoW has about 7 expansions now, if I wanted to play it do I have to buy them all before I can even start? Or can I just get the base game and maybe the first one or two and just be locked out of certain areas/classes/races?

I know that’s how it worked in GW1. Even when all 4 campaigns and Eye of the North (expansion) had been released you could just buy 1 of them and you’d still be able to play. You just couldn’t go to the other continents, or get the skills, heroes, armor sets etc. associated with them.

But obviously this game is different in a lot of ways, it seems more like traditional MMOs so I’m not so sure.

You will be able to play without any expansions. However, in WoW, you won’t get the new areas/features/systems introduced with the expansions unless you buy them. GW2 seem to be heading the same way.

Usually older expansion become cheaper with alot of bundle-sales.

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: sevenDEADLY.5281

sevenDEADLY.5281

If you’re struggling so much financially in life that you cant set aside $40 or so between now and release, you really shouldn’t be spending all your time online gaming to begin with. If you’re sitting here telling me you’re gonna have to choose between the expansion or a weeks worth of food, how are you affording internet access? I’m not trying to be a kitten, just pointing out clear priority issues. I mean if you can’t afford a dollar a day (assuming the game was coming out in 40 days, probably much longer) you have bigger issues then an mmo expansion.

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

Unless certain parts of the expansion are disabled where both Players that have the expansion and don’t have the expansion, there may be problems.

Notably the new mastery system. Players that don’t have the expansion won’t have the mastery system and will not be able to bring the “A” game to the existing PvP and WvW maps. Grievers with the expansion will cause all sorts of problems.

I can understand blocking access to the new profession, new areas, and new bosses with the expansion, but the mastery system, the access to more weapons, and the guild halls are functional changes that need to be across the board.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Previous

Gaile Gray

can you please clarify if each account requires an expansion purchase?

Debating on getting an char expansion slot or a second account.

Since separate accounts are not (and cannot be) linked, one expansion cannot cover multiple accounts. So yes, each Guild Wars 2 account that you wanted to access Heart of Thorns would require a purchase. If you had multiple accounts, you would not be required to purchase an expansion for each account. But… I think you’re gonna want to.

You guys are asking really good questions, and I wish I had the answers, but I don’t. We are going to start up on a lot of “deep dives” in the future, and I’m going to gather questions from the forums over the weekend and pass them along!

Hold on there Gaile. You gonna have have hard time with all the hype now! (/me sends a cup of a virtual hot chocolate to keep up the spirit)

Seriously, this is an extremely happy time for me! I love being able to talk about even more things on the forums and with fans in the game and, well, I’m just stoked about all this and delighted that y’all are in the know about Heart of Thorns!!

~ sips hot chocolate gratefully ~

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: KittyCat.2059

KittyCat.2059

oh thank u very much for clarifying that gaile xoxo

im so excited for this

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

I have misgivings about playerbase splintering due to paid expansion, but it’s not like you guys are going to jump and change it now. I’m sure you’ve assessed the risks thoroughly.

Heck, maybe I underestimate how deep peoples’ pockets are.

Anyway, it’ll be fascinating to see how this unfolds. Happy for you that you get to talk about it Gaile.

Or words to that effect.

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

If money is an issue I’m still expecting this would be available through the gem store, so just start budgeting some of the gold you earn to convert to gems. One thing you can be pretty sure of is ArenaNet won’t be releasing this thing two weeks from now, so you should have some time.

(edited by Ben K.6238)

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

You don’t have to buy it.

But I sure as kitten do.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

ANet will come to your house, take your credit card and use it purchase this game for you.

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

If you’re struggling so much financially in life that you cant set aside $40 or so between now and release, you really shouldn’t be spending all your time online gaming to begin with. If you’re sitting here telling me you’re gonna have to choose between the expansion or a weeks worth of food, how are you affording internet access? I’m not trying to be a kitten, just pointing out clear priority issues. I mean if you can’t afford a dollar a day (assuming the game was coming out in 40 days, probably much longer) you have bigger issues then an mmo expansion.

Unless I’ve missed something no one’s said they’d have to skip buying food or other essentials to afford this.

But it wouldn’t surprise me if for many people it’s a choice between buying HoT and buying other non-essential things. For example going to see a movie that month, or buying another game.

So if you had to buy HoT to keep playing GW2 people might choose to prioritise that over other things, whereas if you can keep playing and get it later they could wait.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

I really don’t mean to be condescending when I say this, but if your financial troubles are so bad that you cannot afford to buy a game (something that is completely unnecessary), you have bigger things to worry about than whether or not you can continue the LS. But there is a way.

Finances are tight for a lot of people right now, I understand that, but it is not hard to save up, say, $30-$60 (speculating on price) over the course of the next few months (speculating on release date). Saving up some money is not hard, you just have to discipline yourself, maybe cut back on going out, or buying that daily cup of starbucks, or buying other games. There are people who paid off nearly $100k in debt in about 3 years by making serious sacrifices. Surely you can afford to cut back on one thing and use that money you would normally spend to save up. If you can afford to pay a monthly fee for internet access, then you can find a way to set aside a few dollars each month to save up to buy a game.

Remember, games are to be bought with money you are prepared to use as kindling for a fire. Look up how to set up a budget, figure out where your money is going, and redirect a small bit to your fund to save up. You can do it, it just requires a little bit of time, effort, and possibly giving up something you enjoy for a little while.

Offer to babysit someone’s kids. There are millions of hard working families who are struggling with childcare while they work. Go mow some lawns. Know how to fix cars? Offer your services to people for a small fee. Are you good with computers? Use those skills and offer your services for a small fee. Like to draw and are pretty good? Offer up commissions to people for a small fee. Like the Joker said “If you’re good at something never do it for free.”

You can do it, you just have to make the effort. Unless you are literally homeless and have no employment and no skills to offer (in which case you probably also can’t access the internet and can’t read this), you can afford the expansion.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

Unless I’ve missed something no one’s said they’d have to skip buying food or other essentials to afford this.

But it wouldn’t surprise me if for many people it’s a choice between buying HoT and buying other non-essential things. For example going to see a movie that month, or buying another game.

So if you had to buy HoT to keep playing GW2 people might choose to prioritise that over other things, whereas if you can keep playing and get it later they could wait.

and what about a choice of a one-time yearly event or the expansion?
don’t judge someone’s personal situation without knowing the details, it just comes of as being self centered.

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

Does anybody knows what is exactly included in the expansion? A lot of the stuff I saw in the preview I didn’t like.

Stuff I don’t reallly care about:
New PvE map (however fancy it is(hate gliders as well))
PvP
WvW
Guilds

What I care about:
Legendaries
Dungeons
Story

Sadly, only legendaries were confirmed, so I was wondering if I have to purchase the expansion so I have a chance in getting the new legendaries? As much as I like to support Arena net, it just feels like wase of money to buy a whole expansion for nothing I’d play.

Glorious Human Master Race

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

You don’t HAVE to buy this expansion set... but you wont be able to explore new things, unlock the new profession, etc etc without that expansion set.

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

Well, since all the new and exciting things seem to be locked in the new zone, you kinda need to get the expansion. Otherwise you’ll be stuck in the old depopulated wasteland, while all your guildies are grinding for their glider.

EU Aurora Glade

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: Cenosia.8539

Cenosia.8539

Why does I have to pay to have a feature that was promised for the release of the game? (guild hall) You know, the thing that should have come nearly after the release.

(edited by Cenosia.8539)

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

Why does I have to pay to have a feature that was promised for the release of the game? (guild hall) You know, the thing that should have come nearly after the release.

When did they promise guildhalls exactly? i’d love to see a source for that.

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: Zyga.2580

Zyga.2580

Will we be able to buy it in game with gems like the heroic to digital deluxe upgrade?

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

Will we be able to buy it in game with gems like the heroic to digital deluxe upgrade?

I doubt it, the deluxe upgrades are only small bonuses, not large content updates.

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: BlkPrince.2854

BlkPrince.2854

So glad some community members have some sense of financial management. To all the players complaining they can’t afford to purchase the expansion learn to manage your finances. This to me has always been an investment into a game that has provided me hours of entertainment so much more worth investing in than console games. I for one do not want to see the expansion in the gem store I want to have anet reap some profit off this expansion. I don’t want it to be cheapened to something you can buy with in game gold.

(edited by BlkPrince.2854)

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: BlkPrince.2854

BlkPrince.2854

When did they promise guildhalls exactly? i’d love to see a source for that.

I don’t remember them ever promising guild halls in the initial release. And they never said if you dont have the expansion you wont have access to the guild halls

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: Brtiva.9721

Brtiva.9721

Unless certain parts of the expansion are disabled where both Players that have the expansion and don’t have the expansion, there may be problems.

Notably the new mastery system. Players that don’t have the expansion won’t have the mastery system and will not be able to bring the “A” game to the existing PvP and WvW maps. Grievers with the expansion will cause all sorts of problems.

I can understand blocking access to the new profession, new areas, and new bosses with the expansion, but the mastery system, the access to more weapons, and the guild halls are functional changes that need to be across the board.

Interesting point. It seems specializations will be unavailable unless one has the expansion as well.

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: Duke Darkwood.4237

Duke Darkwood.4237

Yeah, and we can then have the Arenanet employees pay their bills with those gems. Great idea!

If that sounds harsh, just remember that there are hundreds of people working full-time jobs to create enjoyable content for us to play, and that those hundreds of people would like to buy groceries and pay bills so they can continue to live.

Guild Wars 2, itself, cannot be bought with gems alone. (The Digital Deluxe Upgrade is something that adds the DDE bonuses to someone who already has the game.) A fully fleshed-out expansion is one of the things that is certainly worth putting a real price tag on.

And, as Gaile said, it’s still OPTIONAL. Guild Wars 2 will never, ever require us to purchase Heart of Thorns. We won’t be kicked out of the game. We will only lose access to expansion-exclusive content. And possibly not even ALL of that – I fully expect some things to be core improvements that will apply to existing players. Guild Halls, for example, wouldn’t be much of a selling point if you had to get HoT to ever go to one; if your Guild Leader gets HoT and has a Hall, I would certainly hope that all members can visit it, regardless of their account’s content status. (Hopefully, Halls will become available even to leaders without HoT, but I’m not as sure of that as I am that a Hall, once owned, would be available to all members. There may be logistical issues I do not understand.)

Anyway! The announcement is less than twenty-four hours old; we really, truly cannot expect to know everything that is going to happen, nor should we. Things may change between now and release, and Arenanet’s well-known policy about keeping mum on anything they are not sure they can deliver certainly applies here.

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: Kai.6317

Kai.6317

Well considering the guild halls are in the new zone i am guessing you will have to get the expansion to visit them

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: MaJoBooOM.4851

MaJoBooOM.4851

I really don’t mean to be condescending when I say this, but if your financial troubles are so bad that you cannot afford to buy a game (something that is completely unnecessary), you have bigger things to worry about than whether or not you can continue the LS. But there is a way.

Finances are tight for a lot of people right now, I understand that, but it is not hard to save up, say, $30-$60 (speculating on price) over the course of the next few months (speculating on release date). Saving up some money is not hard, you just have to discipline yourself, maybe cut back on going out, or buying that daily cup of starbucks, or buying other games. There are people who paid off nearly $100k in debt in about 3 years by making serious sacrifices. Surely you can afford to cut back on one thing and use that money you would normally spend to save up. If you can afford to pay a monthly fee for internet access, then you can find a way to set aside a few dollars each month to save up to buy a game.

Remember, games are to be bought with money you are prepared to use as kindling for a fire. Look up how to set up a budget, figure out where your money is going, and redirect a small bit to your fund to save up. You can do it, it just requires a little bit of time, effort, and possibly giving up something you enjoy for a little while.

Offer to babysit someone’s kids. There are millions of hard working families who are struggling with childcare while they work. Go mow some lawns. Know how to fix cars? Offer your services to people for a small fee. Are you good with computers? Use those skills and offer your services for a small fee. Like to draw and are pretty good? Offer up commissions to people for a small fee. Like the Joker said “If you’re good at something never do it for free.”

You can do it, you just have to make the effort. Unless you are literally homeless and have no employment and no skills to offer (in which case you probably also can’t access the internet and can’t read this), you can afford the expansion.

It depends on the country where U live. I live in Ukraine and 20-30$ it’s really much for us. To say you the truth , I was saving money to buy guild wars 2 for over 2 years ( no kidding ) , that’s why I was happy that I could play guild wars 2 for free and get the premium stuff for in-game money.
So with a sallery for about 60$ a month how can I buy it with real money..right now wwhen we have war in the country – Maybe never. Believe me I love anet , and if I had the real money I would buy it instantly…and I know that’s my problem but still I hope that there will be an option to buy HoT from the Gem Store.

Riverside. Marcus Yami [Gold]

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: Kassilph.5872

Kassilph.5872

If they do, i think it will be at a sky high price.
I mean, the upgate to deluxe costs like 2k gems and it contains:
1 Mini
1 Elite skill
1 Golem (for 2 weeks)
2 one-use Items

With all the new maps, mechanics, skills (via specialisations), the new class etc. it would be like a few hundred thousands gems or something like that

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: SillaKnight.6172

SillaKnight.6172

15usd yes more than that nop

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: llama.1736

llama.1736

There are people who paid off nearly $100k in debt in about 3 years by making serious sacrifices. Surely you can afford to cut back on one thing and use that money you would normally spend to save up. If you can afford to pay a monthly fee for internet access, then you can find a way to set aside a few dollars each month to save up to buy a game.
… Look up how to set up a budget, figure out where your money is going, and redirect a small bit to your fund to save up. You can do it, it just requires a little bit of time, effort, and possibly giving up something you enjoy for a little while.
….
Like to draw and are pretty good? Offer up commissions to people for a small fee.

While I am not going to complain about not being able to get an expansion for free(how cheap and rude would it be of me to expect the employees of ArenaNet to work for me for free???) I would like to point out a few things about your statement:

• People who paid off $100k in 3 years : In 3 years I won’t even make $100k before taxes. Much less could I cut back on a thing or two in order to accomplish paying off a debt like that.
  • I can’t afford internet access as a matter of fact. My family likes to talk to me though and likes to play gw2 with me among other things so made some sacrifices on their end to pay my internet/phone service.
  • I do need to work on budgeting better. Mismanagement of funds is one reason I’m in a bad place. The other is losing a job that actually paid for my needs. (Unfortunately also a bad choice on my part, I quit instead of trying to make it work because I made a mistake and thought I was getting something better.) Also, overspending after losing that job before realizing I needed to make some serious lifestyle adjustments to my new circumstances.
  • Lots and lots of people struggle to afford basic necessities but are not homeless without skills. Wages for vast numbers of hourly workers in this country are very low and often not sufficient to even be able live singly given the growing prices of food especially, also housing, utilities, etc. The cost of living is going up faster than wages in general.
  • Giving up some comforts for the game? I’m giving up comforts so I can keep feeding my pets decent food that will keep them healthy. Not sure where I am going to find more comforts to give up for a game. I spend more than I can afford to on food, etc already.

That all said, I would have no hesitation to pay Anet for their work if I found a way to get the cash together. I just wanted to offer a counterpoint to your generalizations. Maybe once I get my financial situation a little more stable and pay off some debt…

(edited by llama.1736)

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: Pagan Highlander.5948

Pagan Highlander.5948

So, if I remember correctly, Arenanet said we would never have to pay for an exspansion for GW2. We would get the exspansions periodically for free. Additionally, it sounds very much like if you don’t buy it, you will get left behind, no longer have a living story, and really get screwed on WvW (what guild would want half the members that can’t enter all the maps and support their guild).
You can add a lot of flash, but making WvW unbalanced (the new map does that by limiting it to people with the exspansion) even more. You never made Jewelry and cooking to 500, never listened to the players to find out what they wanted, especially in WvW. WvW has been totally ignored by Anet, except when you tinker with it and screwed it up with stupid cannons in EOTM, no white swords, and siege disablers.
These are the reasons people have lost interest. I won’t be spending money on mostly PvE flash, which they should have given us for free like they promised anyways. You want to increase interest, listen to the people who play. Fix the problems, and see what people want

Do we HAVE TO buy it?

Posted by: philipitoyoda.3471

philipitoyoda.3471

I will not buy it if you dont have to.