Do we need 5 Trinkets? Or can we just have 1

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

Like in pvp there is only 1 trinket, the amulet.

What if we had that for pve too? 1 Amulet and 1 Back.

How would you like this?

Please note We are not talking about the Past money/gold you spent on trinkets but just the idea as in would you like it or would it be good? And why?

SAB or RIOT

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

God no, this reduces build diversity totally… its already a thing that I hate in PVP, because it totally limits way too much your stat build diversity by the few options that you have there only..

In Pve, you are alot more free to choose how you want to have your stats, because you have multiple trinkets with that you can alot more precisely influence your wish build!

Keep this crap away from PvE.

PS: in fact, the otherv way around would be much better, make stat diversity ion PVp same like in PvE, get rid of these stupid limiting all in one amulets and let us choose our 5 single trinkets in pvp, like in pve.

PPS: the only other thign that PVE shopuld do like PVp is making UPGRADES same as easily equipable7removable, like in PvP, that would be for PvE a HUGE quality of life improvement.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Posted by: MarkoNS.3261

MarkoNS.3261

How would you like this?

Please note We are not talking about the Past money/gold you spent on trinkets but just the idea as in would you like it or would it be good? And why?

yea this is a stupid idea.

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

How would you like this?

I like how it is in PvP for PvP. However, this is not ideal for PvE because:

The design for PvE (and WvW to a lesser extent) is reliant on fine-tuning your stats to get exactly what you need. The more options you have to do this the better. You could run all berserker armor, berserker back piece, but maybe celestial or knight’s rings and trinkets because you need a little bit more survivability so you don’t get 1-hit KO’d. There are bosses in the PvE mode that can easily deal >15k in one hit, but a player can hardly ever do this.

I think it’s fine for PvP because it makes everyone be more on an equal level in terms of gear. Having amulet and rune/sigil options is more out of necessity rather than a desire for customization. The customization should come from your ability to choose your skills and utilize them properly, not whether you can pick the best gear or not (at least this is Anet’s philosophy and it’s why I like PvP in this game better than in another like WoW’s where it is primarily dependent on gear, then skill).

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

nope
/15characters

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

No thank you. I run zerker armor and knight/nomad trinkets because i cant play a full berzerker

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: ForeverAway.5948

ForeverAway.5948

it make sense since all is zerk. we dont even need differnt armor slot lol

Dante.1763

it make sense since all is zerk. we dont even need differnt armor slot lol

As you can see by my response this isnt true.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

ForeverAway.5948

i still get kickwhen i try to play heals so it is true

only zerg gear is used else u cant play.

i dont like it but its true

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

as others have said, i like it the way it is. And while I wouldn’t like 5 trinkets for pvp, i’d like if they brought back the trinket + jewel how it used to be :/

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

Dante.1763

i still get kickwhen i try to play heals so it is true

only zerg gear is used else u cant play.

i dont like it but its true

Thats why i run dungeons on my ranger in Sinister gear? My necro in rampagers, My mesmer in Zerker, My guardian in the Zerker, Knights, nomad hybrid, My ele in Celestial?
I never get kicked. I must be doing something wrong.

ForeverAway.5948

do u pug?

evry PUG group i join kicks me unless i ping the gear in my bag insted

Dante.1763

do u pug?

Yes i pug. Maybe you should stop joining zerker groups. Ive never once had a pug group ask me to ping my gear otherwise. I only pug. I like teaching newer players the dungeons.

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

do u pug?

Sounds like you need to make your own groups stating “All welcome”. You literally do not get kicked if you don’t join zerker/speed runs and you’re at least half decent.

Faux.1937

This isnt about Pug groups and kicking, its about the option of 1 trinket.

SAB or RIOT

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

No thanks

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Dante.1763

This isnt about Pug groups and kicking, its about the option of 1 trinket.

Its slightly relevant. I stated that i like having more stats available. He came in and stated that since everything and everybody used Zerk gear that it wouldnt matter. When it does. I run many stats, never just one on my characters usually 3. Some sort of power armor and weapons, and nomads/knights mix for my trinkets, amulets and backpack. A single thing would be a no go.

ForeverAway.5948

ugh the non zerk groups are so slow and usully rly bad. they dont ask for gear but i want to go fast like the exp groups do

my clerc gurad is in the meta too and i tell them but they dont listen. sometimes i even sned them this but it dont help

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Holy-Trinity-is-back-Cleric-Guard-FOTM/first

still kick :-(

i even get kick when i ping my zerk pants from my bag. i ask one time y he said runes

how could i rune any thing the run hadnt even started yet!!!!

sorry op for changin topic i thought it was relvant but ill be quite

Posted by: HotHit.6783

HotHit.6783

I prefer the PvP method. It just doesn’t make sense to me why we have 5 gear slots dedicated purely to stats. You run zerker armour with knight trinkets? If your trinket stats were all in your amulet, it wouldn’t really matter.

The only people who even have reason to care are the ones trying to mix Zerker and Assassin to reach exactly 100% crit chance with base+gear+fury+spotter+banner+etc. For Zerker/Assassin builders, that’s meaningless when it comes to trinkets since they’re stuck with a below perfect stat set like everyone else (Assassin’s ascended amulets don’t exist).

At the end of the day, it’s just one of those weird GW2 design decisions that go against the reasons I love Guildwars.

Never Fight Alone” – Sunspear Creed
There, it’s dead and it’s never coming back!” – Famous last words

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Oh for the love of GOD NOOOOOO!!!!

Sometimes i like to switch a couple of zerker pieces for knights or even cleric on my guard. pls dont dumb it down like in PVP

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Faux.1937

I personally think it would HELP builds by Balancing the Trinkets into 1 slot it would be easier for anet to balance the game. Also would make the game less confusing in same aspects for players.

(FYI I want challenging conent, but I also know the value in something being over convoluted aka… Agony, Just b.c something is broken down simpler doesnt mean it is simple or easy)

SAB or RIOT

Spartacus.3192

Also would make the game less confusing in same aspects for players.

Im not sure i buy that argument. I mean seriously how dumb do players have to be to get confused with what to put in 5 slots. If you want zerk put 5 zerks. You want all soldier trinkets put 5 in there. Reducing flexibility for other players so as to cater for lazy, 2 brain celled players is just silly.

Faux.1937

Im not sure i buy that argument. I mean seriously how dumb do players have to be to get confused with what to put in 5 slots. If you want zerk put 5 zerks. You want all soldier trinkets put 5 in there. Reducing flexibility for other players so as to cater for lazy, 2 brain celled players is just silly.

Im more or less talking about as a Whole. There are Rings/Trinkets/Ascended ones, some are Infused others arnt, You cant Dbl CLick to add to the open slot, and You cant really view them, Then there are some that changes your colors and add auros.

Also What about Legendary Trinkets? I dont want to make 5 of them for 900g each :o

Having 1 to work for a legendary will feel right.

SAB or RIOT

Posted by: LouWolfskin.3492

LouWolfskin.3492

Consider that in the upcoming patch Traitlines don’t give you any more stats.

Even keeping out the obvious reasons as that the system in PvP is there for equal footing,
why would you want to limit your character in such a way?

Spartacus.3192

Im more or less talking about as a Whole. There are Rings/Trinkets/Ascended ones, some are Infused others arnt, You cant Dbl CLick to add to the open slot, and You cant really view them, Then there are some that changes your colors and add auros.

Also What about Legendary Trinkets? I dont want to make 5 of them for 900g each :o

Wouldnt that make all those ascended trink drops in chests useless? Some people like the feeling of getting an ascended ring in WvW chest etc. Or simply the progression of working for gear and slowly building up to full ascended set giving a sense of accomplishment.

When i make my builds sometimes i have a specific armor stat or power stat or crit chance stat that im targeting and i am able to get to that by tweaking my accessories much more easily (and cheaply) than having to tweak armor or weapons. Removing that just makes it a lot less flexibile and to be honest, more boring.

The worst thing about sPvP is that you get locked into a specific stat set. Most of the time i dont want all that condition damage from using a Carrion Amulet for example. I would rather have some condition damage and more vitality or power or whatever. sPvP is the dumbed down version of WvW and much the worse for it imho.

Faux.1937

Wouldnt that make all those ascended trink drops in chests useless? Some people like the feeling of getting an ascended ring in WvW chest etc. Or simply the progression of working for gear and slowly building up to full ascended set giving a sense of accomplishment.

When i make my builds sometimes i have a specific armor stat or power stat or crit chance stat that im targeting and i am able to get to that by tweaking my accessories much more easily (and cheaply) than having to tweak armor or weapons. Removing that just makes it a lot less flexibile and to be honest, more boring.

The worst thing about sPvP is that you get locked into a specific stat set. Most of the time i dont want all that condition damage from using a Carrion Amulet for example. I would rather have some condition damage and more vitality or power or whatever. sPvP is the dumbed down version of WvW and much the worse for it imho.

Only reasons for Ascended is FOTM’s. there is no other reason to have other than waste of materials (not armor or weapons but trinkets). The extra stats you gain ONLY reliable work in level 80 areas and even then the Stats are some minor it wont give you an edge over other players.

SAB or RIOT

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

•Zerk rings
•Zerk amulet
•Zerk accessories
•Celestial back piece?!

-Insta kick.
We have enough elitism in PvE, don’t turn PVP into that.

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

I think you’re all looking at the small picture. Between accessories, weapons, and armor, we have 12-13 simultaneous slots for items that each use the same possible stat sets. Yes, that is mechanically an example of overkill.

It doesn’t add to diversity at all, since 3 or 4 would be enough for us to mix up our desired attribute recipe. What it does, though, is feed the economy, and create material goals and a gold sink. These are important, but could be handled without bloating the hero panel with superfluous equipment slots.

I should be writing.

(edited by Gulesave.5073)

Posted by: Achrisos.1360

Achrisos.1360

I think you’re all looking at the small picture. Between accessories, weapons, and armor, we have 12-15 slots for items that each use the same possible stat sets. Yes, that is mechanically an example of overkill.

It doesn’t add to diversity at all, since 3 or 4 would be enough for us to mix up our desired attribute recipe. What it does, though, is feed the economy and create a gold sink, which – though important – could be handled with bloating the hero panel like this.

I have a lvl 80 of each proff and not 1 of them uses the exact same trinket in each slot. Mix n Match is not only way to go for style but for builds as well….

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

I think you’re all looking at the small picture. Between accessories, weapons, and armor, we have 12-15 slots for items that each use the same possible stat sets. Yes, that is mechanically an example of overkill.

It doesn’t add to diversity at all, since 3 or 4 would be enough for us to mix up our desired attribute recipe. What it does, though, is feed the economy and create a gold sink, which – though important – could be handled with bloating the hero panel like this.

I have a lvl 80 of each proff and not 1 of them uses the exact same trinket in each slot. Mix n Match is not only way to go for style but for builds as well….

Sorry if you somehow thought my argument was anti-mixing. It was not at all. Rather pro-mixing, at least in intention.

I only specified that mixing doesn’t require so many slots. Whatever your desired stat recipe is, you can make it using just a few pieces of equipment.

Take the extreme end of granting stats in only 4 equipment slots, for example. (This is just a concept, not a suggestion, btw.) If the slots vary in strength so that slot 1 is heavy and build-defining and slot 4 is a light adjustment, you can use the existing gear stat sets to cobble together any stat recipe you might desire. And the math would be easier than doing it with the current 12-13 slots.

This is all conceptual arguing, though. It’s too late to be culling slots from GW2. The economy depends on the current number, and players are used to it.

I should be writing.

Faux.1937

I think you’re all looking at the small picture. Between accessories, weapons, and armor, we have 12-13 simultaneous slots for items that each use the same possible stat sets. Yes, that is mechanically an example of overkill.

It doesn’t add to diversity at all, since 3 or 4 would be enough for us to mix up our desired attribute recipe. What it does, though, is feed the economy, and create material goals and a gold sink. These are important, but could be handled without bloating the hero panel with superfluous equipment slots.

You know what else Feeds it? Legendary.

Legendary Trinkets Be awesome.

but making 5 just sounds stupid.

SAB or RIOT

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

It’s bad even in PvP, they need to give us more stat choices in pvp besides the Pre-set amulets we already have.

We’re pigeonholed into certain builds because of the lack of stat allocation we can pull off.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

I’d go for 3 slots : One Amulet, One Ring, One Earring.

Stats would be weighted Amulet (upgradeable) > Ring (upgradeable) > Earring (not upgradeable). Back-pieces would exist as a wholly cosmetic choice with no stats at all, and I’d try to add some cosmetic component to upgrade jewels (like jewel color tints your weapon skin’s particles, or some other low-overhead solution).

If you really boil it down : trinkets currently are 12 choices spread out over things that will ultimately account for ~13%-ish of your total core stat spread, without anything tangentially interesting like additional effects or aesthetics.

It often feels like too many decision-points spread over too little real-world ‘impact’, and that seems to keep the choices from having stakes on the individual level. So much of it is empty clicking and inventory shuffling to support a decision I’d already come to, because trinket-choices only start to get worth considering by the handful. At some point it starts to feel like busy work instead of character building.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Please no. PvP sucks because there’s no build diversity. I need to tweek things to fit my playstyle and capabilites as well as what I’m fighting against. PvP style equipment ruings that.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I prefer the PvP method. It just doesn’t make sense to me why we have 5 gear slots dedicated purely to stats. You run zerker armour with knight trinkets? If your trinket stats were all in your amulet, it wouldn’t really matter.

That is only if you use all trinkets of the same type. Lot of people don’t.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Dante.1763

That is only if you use all trinkets of the same type. Lot of people don’t.

Im assuming he was talking to me too, and he missed the bit where i run knights and nomads in those slots.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

I don’t get it… I don’t play zerk on my guard and I never get kicked.. actually ppl in pugs usually praise me and the party is having a good time. You just have to look for non-elitist parties. If you don’t die and do your job properly, it doesn’t matter if you complete the dung in 10 minutes or 15.

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

I don’t like it.
The reasons are distributed wildly all over this thread.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Ugh please no! -1

The single amulet is “fine” for pvp. I think it might be a bit limiting for build diversification there, but I understand the “why” behind it. Kind of the same thing with runes in pvp, it’s very limiting. However, from a dev perspective it should make it much easier to maintain/balance. (In theory)

For pve though…no, we need to have that diversity. I like to mix and match my trinkets as needed. I’m sure with the incoming specialization change which removes stats from the trait lines, there will be more people that do this as well. There have been a few that have stated that they run all zerk gear and trinkets, but offset their glassiness via the stats they got from their trait line choices. They won’t have that now, now they might need to add a pvt trinket or a valk trinket instead of one or two zerk trinkets. Obviously not all will do this or even see a different in their play, but the option to mix and match needs to remain.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I think to reduce from 5 to 1 trinkets it is a bad idea because it will be detrimental for build diversity. That being said, I DO thing 5 trinkets is too much.

IMO they should be 3, with more relevant numbers each, both in PvP and PvE. That way you can customize your build in a meningful way without making te process needlessly complex.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

I’d rather have just 1 amulet, it makes balancing a lot easier.

I don’t think people realize how miniscule the effect some of the stats have on their character in certain situations. The people this would oddly hurt most are like WvW roamers, which are probably the smallest segment of any player base. People who GvG or pug zerg would also be affected but it wouldn’t be as big of a deal if they couldn’t slot a couple pieces here or there than say like full soldier’s.

Probably would cause less drama in PvE too.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

Faux.1937

I don’t think people realize how miniscule the effect some of the stats have on their character in certain situations. The people this would oddly hurt most are like WvW roamers, which are probably the smallest segment of any player base. People who GvG or pug zerg would also be affected but it wouldn’t be as big of a deal if they couldn’t slot a couple pieces here or there than say like full soldier’s.

People are scared of change and Dont look at all the Pros and Cons, also they dont try to see it any other way.

The stats that they say give more build diversity wont change, You still have your armor, weapons and trinket. The 15% difference in stats from using 2-3 different trinkets wont make a difference over all in most places.

SAB or RIOT

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

People are scared of change and Dont look at all the Pros and Cons, also they dont try to see it any other way.

The stats that they say give more build diversity wont change, You still have your armor, weapons and trinket. The 15% difference in stats from using 2-3 different trinkets wont make a difference over all in most places.

…because everyone will be running zerker? No, thank you very much.

You don’t need to use full functionality of the system if it’s difficult for you to fully comprehend and utilize. Just put the same stats in every slot and you will get the simplicity you crave. Just don’t enforce this on people that are able to use the system better than you.
Quite often simpler is not better, but just dumber. This is one such case.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

NOOOOOOOOOO! NO more removal of useful choice.

it was a terrible decision to do that to PvP….it would be even worse in pve/wvw.

the worst part of this thread, is that a dev will read this and actually do it…..and then i will hunt you down.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Mazdan.2071

Mazdan.2071

They would have to change the agony resist in fractals. Not as many trinkets—fewer AR slots. Also this would make the Jeweler crafting profession completely useless as opposed to somewhat useless like it is now.