Don't like story missions

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

I don’t want to do jumping puzzles, go through mazes, or use “special skills”. I want to use my own skills and pew pew. If I’m on necromancer it’s because I want to be a necromancer not a rabbit or an egg or whatever.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Then dont do them mate

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Then dont do them mate

It’s so simple it might just be genius.

For what it’s worth, which is absolutely nothing at all, I loved the rabbit, egg, and maze missions.

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

Then dont do them mate

That’s not an option to progress.

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

You already did them, didn’t you?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

But I do want to do those things. See how it works. Some stories are just fighting and you like that (while I could care less) and some of them are more varied and I like them better. So you like some better and I like some better.

I’m not really seeing a problem here.

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

Then dont do them mate

That’s not an option to progress.

What progress is gated by the Personal Story? I have several 80s who’ve never even completed the first set.

I myself do hate non-class gameplay .. WOW has it, LOTRO has it, Rift has it, seems to be something games devs want to foist on you everywhere .. and in LOTRO I’ve stopped doing the Epic Story (their equivalent of the PS) for just that reason but at least in GW2 I don’t see anything I’d have missed due to it.

(edited by Kraggy.4169)

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

Well, i like the story missions.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

I don’t want to do jumping puzzles, go through mazes, or use “special skills”. I want to use my own skills and pew pew. If I’m on necromancer it’s because I want to be a necromancer not a rabbit or an egg or whatever.

Honestly I like that there is some variety in the story missions. The alternative is the same thing over and over with just a change of scenery.

Then dont do them mate

It’s so simple it might just be genius.

For what it’s worth, which is absolutely nothing at all, I loved the rabbit, egg, and maze missions.

I personally liked the part where you need to flee from monster-version-of-you-know-who. Wish that was a bit longer, or there was few more like those. Reminded me of Prince of Persia 2 (except not as frequent or complicated).