Dragon Hunter as a title, not spec

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

Generally I’m not too thrilled about the Guardian Elite Spec like I was the Mesmer (even though I play the former and not the latter), but I could ignore all of that and put off any comments about first appearances until the video show casing it if it were not for the name.

I wanted Dragon Hunter as a title, not a profession name. Seriously, why isn’t this a title already? I wanted to be Dragon Hunter [insert name] on any character I wanted, no matter if she/he wielded the elements as weapons or ran around popping in and out of hiding while spinning around with daggers and pistols.

Any name- well maybe not any name, Photonbuster is probably just a tad worse than this- I’ve seen suggested would be better than this since they’re all generic, stereotypical class names in the end. The difference is this would have been a great title that is generic enough to fit all classes as well as incredibly lore appropriate.

I would have liked to see something like this:

Dragon Hunter – Defeat Tequatl, Zhaitan, and the one at Claw Island in the PS to obtain this title.

Dragon Trapper – Defeat Mordremoth (dungeon, raid, whatever), the Wyvern (World Event), and some unnamed lieutenant to obtain this title (PS).

Dragon Culler – Defeat Jormag (dungeon, raid, whatever), Jormag’s Claw, and some unnamed dragon to obtain this title (PS).

Dragon Abater – Defeat Kralkatorikk (dungeon, raid, whatever), The Shatter, and some unnamed dragon to obtain this title (PS).

Dragon Router – Defeat Bubbles (dungeon, raid, whatever), and two unnamed dragon lieutenants to obtain this title (one as world event, the other in PS).

Dragon Extinguisher – Defeat Primordius, his two lieutenants to obtain this title

Dragon Slayer – Defeat the Six Elder Dragons and preserve Tyria to obtain this title

(edited by Kentaine.4692)

Posted by: DestinyEdge.2046

DestinyEdge.2046

It definitely sounds more like a title than a elite spec name.

Posted by: Mordeus.1234

Mordeus.1234

It does make sense as a Title.

I reckon make it a Title with various tiers connected to the number of unique dragon bosses you have defeated. Then as they add more dragons in the years to come then simply add more tiers to the title. So now it would be something like 3 unique dragon boss kills, with HoT it would be like 6 for the next tier. Then in the future it would 9, etc…

With the tiers it could be as simple as adding a prefix to the Dragon Hunter title. like “Dragon Hunter” for tier 1, “Elder Dragon Hunter” for tier 2 and “Legendary Dragon Hunter” for tier 3.

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

Hidden Achievement/title: Dragon Layer – Spend 1 minute defeated during each dragon fight. Alternatively awarded for going down(state) in each fight.

Posted by: Ojyh.9842

Ojyh.9842

Nice idea, but this should come with a bunch of additions and/or improvements to the title system which is a bit meaningless at the moment.

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

It is a bit meaningless in general other than bragging rites to a degree. I can’t really see what else it could provide though, assuming they reward properly for obtaining them (not just 1 or 3 AP like a lot of the ones released in S2, S1 my AP shot up like crazy the limited amount I played of it, but S2 it basically crawled at daily pace- not an elitist, I just want the skins and I have very little left to do beyond dailies and sitting around waiting for dungeons to welcome a noob. That and grinding kills/captures in PvP and WvW which I don’t enjoy at all) along with chests worth opening.