Dragon's Stand Empty Maps

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Aero.1489

Aero.1489

Every time but once when I go to Dragon’s Stand in hopes of doing the Meta and explore for HPs all I find is a few other people on the map hoping for the exact thing. I try at all different times of the day with the same result.
Anyone else having this issue or did I do something that ANET does not like and they are giving me the low population maps?
Edit: As soon as I posted this I got the Volunteer to move maps to even less people

(edited by Aero.1489)

Posted by: Sigfodr.9576

Sigfodr.9576

DS is a first of its kind. The map close down and reset 100% every 2? hours.
This mean that if you dont jump there at a reset time, then you will get to an emty (new) map, since all the ongoing maps are already full full full.

So what to do?, use LFG, open lfg and find a taxi to a DS map, this way you will be able to taxi into a already ongoing map, or hopefully join a newly reset map and be there from the start.

(EU player here), I joined one of the comunitys on TS and it said, next jump to DS at 18:30, we was 400-500 in the channel and split between 4 maps (all maps was therefore full just with us). We made sure to start at a reset and to be in a party so if any of us dc’ed we was able to taxi back in.

gl and I hope you find some good maps

Posted by: Aero.1489

Aero.1489

Geez… how did I totally forgot about the LFG, thanks!

Posted by: Gwelwenant.6729

Gwelwenant.6729

yeah too bad there are no taxis in the lfg tool once those maps are ongoing for like an hour

its nearly impossible to find anyone to taxi you

and if you get someone, the next problem is that you’re spamming Join Map for 10 – 15 minutes (most likely without success) to get in

for these kind of maps a queue system to get into the highly populated maps would be more than required.. getting into populated maps with the current systems is a pain in the *

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

There is something wrong. I partied up with someone to guide them from VB to DS last night and every time we made it to a new map we were placed in separate instances, and I had to re-join him in the instance. And none of these maps were anything close to full.

You would think the priority for putting people on the same instance would be based on party?

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

once I got out# map asked me to move 6 times, like do u really need that many map open right away?

Posted by: shalywen.9548

shalywen.9548

This mean that if you dont jump there at a reset time, then you will get to an emty (new) map, since all the ongoing maps are already full full full.

it’s not limited to DS, I have the same problems even on the other jungle maps, even when the game asks me to go in a more populated map I find myself in another empty one most of the times…

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

I’ve yet to do the event till the end.. Like others the map seems to be empty until 1 hour passes then people try to complete it. I’ve joined right after map closes and get same results.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

I think the initial swarm of players went through the story and maps and stopped playing… how many copies of HoT were actually sold?

Posted by: Prime Greek.1092

Prime Greek.1092

My guildies and I have stopped playing the HoT map events.

We collected all the HP and ANPs and stopped.

We now run Mat farming as speed Thief’s/Mesmer’s using shadow and port and avoiding conflict.

Mat Farming in Hot is the only way to make gold now.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

The mega server system is still not properly fixed. Once anet fixes these issues all the maps should appear way more densely populated than they are.

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

There is something wrong. I partied up with someone to guide them from VB to DS last night and every time we made it to a new map we were placed in separate instances, and I had to re-join him in the instance. And none of these maps were anything close to full.

You would think the priority for putting people on the same instance would be based on party?

The party placement algorithm looks at several factors: One important one is seeing if the person is on another server. If they are, they are normally placed onto their “server” map even with Megaserver active.

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

Have to agree with OP. The only time I’ve found people is when there is 30minutes on a map that people have decided to wait on to end. Taxi’s are a tool to find other people but half the time its a failing/unstarted map.

The map is really unaccessible being on the time slot and duration it is. Additionally I’ve found that they all seem to run at the same time. Which means yes there is 4 maps active, but only one of them actually has people in it. It would be nice if there was new map with players being allocated to it every 15 or 30 minutes. So that people could join in without having to wait an hours to find a decent map.

I’ve spent more time looking for group than I actually have doing the event and I’ve yet to complete it.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The algorythm for putting people on maps also includes server, guild and friend information. If someone’s entire guild is one one map, and you’re in a party with another guy, it might well put you where your guild is.

And yes, I think that needs to be looked into.

Posted by: Memories Lost.7634

Memories Lost.7634

Just gonna leave this here, great tool for knowing when to look for a taxi

http://gw2.ninja/timer

Posted by: Sigfodr.9576

Sigfodr.9576

it’s not limited to DS, I have the same problems even on the other jungle maps, even when the game asks me to go in a more populated map I find myself in another empty one most of the times…

That is due to another thing, Anets multi server is still bugged (since HoT came out) in all the new maps. This mean that a new map will be created if more then 20 people jump to the map within 1-5 min.
This again mean that WAY to many maps are being created and some of them fairly quic get closed down again. This is a known bug (just like the party bug), and there is not really anything we can do about it besides wait for anet to fix it.

When all that is said, I only do DS with 80 people on TS, its more fun that way (for me), so I am always in a new map, just after a reset and the map is full (no need for lfg). And the map events go fast and smoth.

I still assume that if you get 5-10 people from your guild and get 3 to tag up and make a lfg with somelike “Org. DS, commanders/foodbuff/herobanner” then the map will be full within 5 min. (I have not tested it, but I fell fairly safe this will work). If you on the other hand dont want to join an already made community and dont want to put abit of work into making the map work yourself. Then yes, I guess you will find it abit hard to get on a good and organised DS map.

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

There are so few organized DS maps it’s nuts.

It’s time to address HoT as an unsoloable map – and I am fine with that as long as there are enough players to get the events done.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Posted by: Avarice.2791

Avarice.2791

How to get on a DS map 100% of the time: (Seriously I’ve done it about 50-60 times and never missed a single one)

Go to dulfy’s HoT timers. (Google HoT gw2 timer)
Arrive on DS about 15-20 minutes prior to the map closing
75% of the time there is someone tagged up so squad join with them and simply wait
If there is no one with a tag (haven’t experienced this yet myself) then try LFG

Seriously, you won’t miss a single DS meta. If you’re trying to show up for a DS past the timer then you’re doing it wrong. This means you need to be there BEFORE the meta begins (map resets.) The DS meta usually lines up pretty well with the end of the Auric Basin meta. I’ll usually run that then go directly to DS and effortlessly find a group. Good luck!

And to the people saying it needs to be organized, this is false. I have never once joined a DS that was using TS and I have never been on a map that had failed. As long as you get there before the Meta begins you are solid gold.

(edited by Avarice.2791)

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

It’s just incredibly deficient tools. If LFG had a tool that would list map instances with information like population, current map meta progression, world boss timers and notes posted by commanders explaining what kind of map or community event they were leading, it would be a totally different game.

They mentioned they were working on LFG tool for content patch, but I have an inkling suspicion that is just going to be add a Raids category. I’m not going to be surprised to see a content patch totally focused on Raids with nothing for the rest of the game.

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

Avarice.2791

It’s just incredibly deficient tools. If LFG had a tool that would list map instances with information like population, current map meta progression, world boss timers and notes posted by commanders explaining what kind of map or community event they were leading, it would be a totally different game.

They mentioned they were working on LFG tool for content patch, but I have an inkling suspicion that is just going to be add a Raids category. I’m not going to be surprised to see a content patch totally focused on Raids with nothing for the rest of the game.

Open world seems to fit this category well. It’s not like open world LFG is flooded with over 100 posts. It’s really not that difficult of a tool to use.

If you are struggling with the DS meta then read my post above yours.

It’s really pretty simple. If you’re trying to join a DS that is currently in progress on the meta then you are simply waiting for someone to leave/disconnect. This will greatly reduce your odds of getting in the map, obviously. To get past this you simply need to be prepared, and join a map BEFORE the meta begins.

(edited by Avarice.2791)

Avarice.2791

http://dulfy.net/2015/11/09/gw2-hot-maps-timer-famme/

Here are the timers, if anyone was curious.

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

How to get on a DS map 100% of the time: (Seriously I’ve done it about 50-60 times and never missed a single one)

75% of the time there is someone tagged up so squad join with them and simply wait
If there is no one with a tag (haven’t experienced this yet myself) then try LFG

Seriously, you won’t miss a single DS meta. If you’re trying to show up for a DS past the timer then you’re doing it wrong. This means you need to be there BEFORE the meta begins (map resets.) The DS meta usually lines up pretty well with the end of the Auric Basin meta. I’ll usually run that then go directly to DS and effortlessly find a group. Good luck!

And to the people saying it needs to be organized, this is false. I have never once joined a DS that was using TS and I have never been on a map that had failed. As long as you get there before the Meta begins you are solid gold.

I think squadjoin must be essential. I’ve gone before the map closes several times, only to be kicked to an empty map when the event starts. Then I have to use LFG to get into the map everyone else got to.

Avarice.2791

I think squadjoin must be essential. I’ve gone before the map closes several times, only to be kicked to an empty map when the event starts. Then I have to use LFG to get into the map everyone else got to.

It really is, about half the time I join a squad I’m kicked into a separate map from them as well. What guarantees you a spot is the ability to join on each other placing 40-50 people on a map right at the start. You have a 5-10 minute window before the map completely fills. I think a lot of the complaints in this post are originating from people who are trying to join AFTER the meta has begun resulting in leftover maps and people trying to put stuff together at the last minute.

Posted by: Fenris Amarok.4052

Fenris Amarok.4052

I can’t fathom this problem. I always port into an empty map, usually a fresh one our one with an hour and a half left. I open the lfg, across as a DS taxi, immediately have four other people, they start taxiing, and within a few minutes the nap is full with 3 commanders. Every. Single. Time. It really is that simple.

MadRabbit.3179

Open world seems to fit this category well. It’s not like open world LFG is flooded with over 100 posts. It’s really not that difficult of a tool to use.

If you are struggling with the DS meta then read my post above yours.

It’s really pretty simple. If you’re trying to join a DS that is currently in progress on the meta then you are simply waiting for someone to leave/disconnect. This will greatly reduce your odds of getting in the map, obviously. To get past this you simply need to be prepared, and join a map BEFORE the meta begins.

It’s actually an incredibly difficult tool to use given what we are using it for and I probably know more about working with the DS meta in it’s current broken state then you do.

Feel free to check out my post as to why this is complete kitten.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Why-Dragon-Stand-is-a-Pain-in-the-Ass/first#post5986359

You are basically rationalizing away what is a crappy, clunky and flawed process of finding and participating in meta maps via using a tool not designed for the purpose of populating large maps with players, but rather joining a small group in a map instance they by random chance found themselves on. It can be worlds better than what it is and to negate that with a “Just deal with it” post is paying a disservice to every PvE player in this game.

They gave us a megaserver and a half kitten “Join” option that does very little to overcome the many challenges introduced with trying to get to other players in map instances.

Hell, the commander’s organizing the map meta events can’t even use this kitten tool to tediously taxi people in without dropping tag and squad.

People are just so used to dealing with this garbage they have lost any vision as to how much better it could be with a tool actually designed to find map instances.

(edited by MadRabbit.3179)

Avarice.2791

You sound angry. While I read your angry post I was able to join a DS group without issue. Like literally… right now. I have never once used LFG to find a DS meta group… so I would say no…You don’t know more about the meta than me. Also commanders shouldn’t be the ones to taxi people in. Food for thought.

The difference between you and I? You complain, I offer advice.

I mean I can’t make it more clear. Join the map 15 minutes prior. Join a squad. It is so simple it isn’t worth complaining about. The amount of kittens in your post…

(edited by Avarice.2791)

MadRabbit.3179

You sound angry. While I read you angry post I was able to join a DS group without issue. Like literally… right now. I have never once used LFG to find a DS meta group… so I would say no…

You don’t know more about the meta than me.

What you offer is workarounds while effectively writing off the real problem as being just fine, which it’s not. Just the issue alone of getting back into a map you have developed a high participation percentage on after a disconnect is enough to warrant a better tool with a better user experience.

The fact that you arrive to every DS meta 15 minutes early only to stand around and wait in squad for you to get killed, then get sent to a random instance of a map where you then reload and then try and use the squad tool to reload again so you can get on the same map instance with all the other squad members who got sent to random instances as well doesn’t mean that process is even close to “ideal”.

And if you don’t actively plan your life’s schedule around a video game and log in 30 minutes after DS has started, then you are completely SOL.

What would be “simple” would be a tool that lists all the map instances and their current progress so you can just select one that is ongoing and has spots and just join.

Avarice.2791

“The way the map handles resets removes any pre-meta planning. You can form up and join tags, but the map reset splits everybody up and sends them to random instances. It’s common for only half of a squad to get back into the same map before it’s full due to all the other random players dropped in who weren’t in the squad.”

Right click squad leaders name, join map instance.

“The full reset, the timer and the duration it takes to complete it creates this mad rush at the start of a reset to get into a map. Map fill up very quickly and it’s common to join multiple groups in LFG only to find the map full and you suffering a penalty for joining too many groups.”

These people are trying to join the meta in progress. Be prepared. There is plenty of time to taxi in with your squad.

“Groups fill up so fast that you can click join, but not actually get in the group and still get hit with a penalty if you joined. I’ve been locked out of LFG for so long that I couldn’t get into a map.”

Don’t use LFG, why are you using LFG?

“Once that initial rush is finished, if you failed to get in a map, you are SOL to some extent. Grabbing a new instance and starting to organize is difficult since the pool of players looking for maps is small at that point. Your main chance is just watching LFG for a random organized map who needs to taxi in a few players due to disconnects, but those are rare. Usually, you just don’t see DS being advertised in LFG until the next reset in two hours.”

You weren’t prepared. Please come back 1 hour and 45 minutes later.

“Speaking of disconnects, you have a meta that takes a minimum of a hour to complete and if you get disconnected out of squad, you have no chance of getting back in. Even if you disconnect in squad, the map can still taxi in more people and you won’t be able to get back in, because it’s full.”

I don’t know what to tell you. If you are prone to disconnects then try plugging in with an ethernet cable. If you are not able to do this then you maybe need to consider a different option.

Avarice.2791

You sound angry. While I read you angry post I was able to join a DS group without issue. Like literally… right now. I have never once used LFG to find a DS meta group… so I would say no…

You don’t know more about the meta than me.

What you offer is workarounds while effectively writing off the real problem as being just fine, which it’s not. Just the issue alone of getting back into a map you have developed a high participation percentage on after a disconnect is enough to warrant a better tool with a better user experience.

The fact that you arrive to every DS meta 15 minutes early only to stand around and wait in squad for you to get killed, then get sent to a random instance of a map where you then reload and then try and use the squad tool to reload again so you can get on the same map instance with all the other squad members who got sent to random instances as well doesn’t mean that process is even close to “ideal”.

And if you don’t actively plan your life’s schedule around a video game and log in 30 minutes after DS has started, then you are completely SOL.

What would be “simple” would be a tool that lists all the map instances and their current progress so you can just select one that is ongoing and has spots and just join.

The problem with this is these instances are full. This is why you need to look at the timers that outside sources such as dulify provides and COME PREPARED. It’s first come first serve. Sorry big guy.

Avarice.2791

Hey, and if you need to sit around and wait for DS to pop up again its a good thing each zone is on a different time rotation for the metas! Go do another meta, do another, then come back to DS BEFORE it starts. This is how it works. There’s no arguing this. There is no system around this. You are not offering solutions. Try running triple trouble with TTS. It doesn’t matter how many times you complain that the servers are full. If they are full they are full.

MadRabbit.3179

The problem with this is these instances are full. This is why you need to look at the timers that outside sources such as dulify provides and COME PREPARED. It’s first come first serve. Sorry big guy.

Missing the point completely. You are arguing against a reality that is by created deficient tools. It doesn’t have to be first come, first serve with a proper tool that made ongoing maps accesible; it is only first come, first serve, because of the limitations of the tool. I also shouldn’t have to check an external website for information needed to make this flawed process work to begin.

How is that intuitive to a new player? How do they know to go and check a third party timer to find out when they need to show up 15 minutes early to have any chance of playing the map at all? Other players telling them? Coming and posting on the forum? How do you defend that as a game designer?

The sheer fact at all that you are having to reference a third party website to defend how easy this flawed process is is indicative of bad design.

You just no ability to see beyond what is to what it could be and thus, this discussion is pointless.

Avarice.2791

Okay, so you’ve managed to write 5 paragraphs of nothing. You call this discussion pointless. Well that is because you are raising no points…

So there are 10 DS instances going. They’re all full. The rest are empty. You log on 30 minutes into the Meta and want to join the full instance,

What’s your solution? I still have yet to see anything but complaining. I’m offering the HOW to get into the meta 100% of the time. You’ve offered nothing in your original thread, and this thread, so entertain me. Do you think third party timers/utilities are a new thing to this game? You must be new… to mmo’s in general.

Are you advocating raising the player cap per map? Do you understand the implications of this? Do you not like the fact that each map is on a set timer? Do you realize this is an opinion and it really doesn’t lessen the playability for 99% of the player base? It’s my opinion that if the Metas were not on a set timer that things would get a lot more difficult. At least there is an extremely easy to use timer to track where you need to go… when…. rather than starting every map from scratch, going through the 90 minutes of pre-meta events, to FINALLY get to the meta. It would be like DS on every map PLUS you have to taxi in rapidly to get a full map… which again leads to first come… first serve.

(edited by Avarice.2791)

MadRabbit.3179

Hey, and if you need to sit around and wait for DS to pop up again its a good thing each zone is on a different time rotation for the metas! Go do another meta, do another, then come back to DS BEFORE it starts. This is how it works. There’s no arguing this. There is no system around this. You are not offering solutions. Try running triple trouble with TTS. It doesn’t matter how many times you complain that the servers are full. If they are full they are full.

Except that I have. There is, in fact, a better system for this. There is, in fact, a solution. I laid out the outlines for that in the post you were too busy arguing against to read. I made a more detailed outline of how the tool can work to solve these issues in another post that never got much traction.

And whenever an argument you are making about a video game I am playing for fun that attempts to explain the positive merits of “sitting around and waiting for something I want to do”, particularly when I could be doing it with better tools, you have already lost.

MadRabbit.3179

Okay, so you’ve managed to write 5 paragraphs of nothing.

So there are 10 DS instances going. They’re all full. The rest are empty. You log on 30 minutes into the Meta and want to join the full instance,

What’s your solution? I still have yet to see anything but complaining. I’m offering the HOW to get into the meta 100% of the time. You’ve offered nothing in your original thread, and this thread, so entertain me.

Sure, we can start with the fact that you have no idea whether or not all the instances are full or whether or not there is even 10 is purely speculation on your part, because the tools provided give you no insight into this at all.

Joining a full instance is entirely dependent on you attempting to load into a map instance when you aren’t already anchored into one at the exact moment it has an open slot.

It’s also dependent upon on commander’s being aware that they have open slots and thus, start taxing again, which they have no way to do without taxing and someone telling them if it’s full.

This is why joining an instance after it’s started is so problematic.

If we…I don’t know…had a tool that listed all the map instances with their population sizes that we could just watch for an opening and then immediately join, you would have some chance of finding a map.

We already have this tool with PvP Arenas. You load up the game listings and all the arenas for dailies are full. You don’t just say “Oh well, time to go do something else”. You just wait a few minutes, refresh the listings and one eventually has an open spot.

You would, at least, have the chance to do the same thing with DS map instances if we had a similar tool. You just can’t, because it’s so insanely difficult to find and join an ongoing map due to having bad tools.

The idea that you have to plan your life around Dragon Stand’s event timers and show up 15 minutes early to get a map and that if you don’t, well, too bad is just silly. It’s not how it is. It’s not how it has to be. It’s not a system without a solution, because we have other system’s in the game with better tools that show how this one could be better.

Avarice.2791

Except that I have. There is, in fact, a better system for this. There is, in fact, a solution. I laid out the outlines for that in the post you were too busy arguing against to read. I made a more detailed outline of how the tool can work to solve these issues in another post that never got much traction.

And whenever an argument you are making about a video game I am playing for fun that attempts to explain the positive merits of “sitting around and waiting for something I want to do”, particularly when I could be doing it with better tools, you have already lost.

Hey I’m not the one sitting around making forum posts full of swearing over a system that works perfectly fine.

Avarice.2791

Okay, so you’ve managed to write 5 paragraphs of nothing.

What’s your solution? I still have yet to see anything but complaining. I’m offering the HOW to get into the meta 100% of the time. You’ve offered nothing in your original thread, and this thread, so entertain me.

Sure, we can start with the fact that you have no idea whether or not all the instances are full or whether or not there is even 10 is purely speculation on your part, because the tools provided give you no insight into this at all.

Joining a full instance is entirely dependent on you attempting to load into a map instance when you aren’t already anchored into one at the exact moment it has an open slot.

It’s also dependent upon on commander’s being aware that they have open slots and thus, start taxing again, which they have no way to do without taxing and someone telling them if it’s full.

This is why joining an instance after it’s started is so problematic.

If we…I don’t know…had a tool that listed all the map instances with their population sizes that we could just watch for an opening and then immediately join, you would have some chance of finding a map.

We already have this tool with PvP Arenas. You load up the game listings and all the arenas for dailies are full. You don’t just say “Oh well, time to go do something else”. You just wait a few minutes, refresh the listings and one eventually has an open spot.

You would, at least, have the chance to do the same thing with DS map instances if we had a similar tool. You just can’t, because it’s so insanely difficult to find and join an ongoing map due to having bad tools.

Sure, they could add in a list of instances while hundreds of players sit around clicking join repeatedly. I don’t care. This is really irrelevant. My point of posting on this thread was to offer advice on how to get into a DS meta EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Why are you here? To pick a fight with me? Sorry my system works and your system is a matter of slight convenience. I honestly don’t agree or disagree with you.

Don’t get all preachy on me, you opened with:

“It’s actually an incredibly difficult tool to use given what we are using it for and I probably know more about working with the DS meta in it’s current broken state then you do.”

Don’t insult me and expect me not to reply. I’m simply trying to help. You’re not.

MadRabbit.3179

I missed your edits.

Do you think third party timers/utilities are a new thing to this game? You must be new… to mmo’s in general.

I am only new to having information crucial to being able to successfully play a part of the game available only in a third party tool, which you seem to be entirely fine with…for reasons? Because that’s how it is? It’s beyond Anet’s ability to provide this information in game? How did the third party site get it? Black magic?

Are you advocating raising the player cap per map? Do you understand the implications of this? Do you not like the fact that each map is on a set timer? Do you realize this is an opinion and it really doesn’t lessen the playability for 99% of the player base? It’s my opinion that if the Metas were not on a set timer that things would get a lot more difficult. At least there is an extremely easy to use timer to track where you need to go… when…. rather than starting every map from scratch, going through the 90 minutes of pre-meta events, to FINALLY get to the meta. It would be like DS on every map PLUS you have to taxi in rapidly to get a full map… which again leads to first come… first serve.

No, none of that, because Dragon Stand maps are not just full and then full until the map resets. People disconnect. People get bored. The populations fluxuate constantly. The issue isn’t making more room; it’s not having a way to search for and find those instances outside of just blind luck.

I mean, godkitten , if we got rid of the PvP Arena listings and designed the system so I created a game and then was entirely dependent on manually taxing people into that game 5 at a time or just had to wait for people to randomly drop in when they joined a map of the same type as my game or had to stop what I was doing to manually taxi people in after I realized my game was no longer full, everyone would kitten a brick.

However, you seem to think that this exact system is perfect and ideal and can’t be improved when it comes to finding people on PvE maps.

MadRabbit.3179

Sure, they could add in a list of instances while hundreds of players sit around clicking join repeatedly. I don’t care. This is really irrelevant. My point of posting on this thread was to offer advice on how to get into a DS meta EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Why are you here? To pick a fight with me? Sorry my system works and your system is a matter of slight convenience. I honestly don’t agree or disagree with you.

“It’s actually an incredibly difficult tool to use given what we are using it for and I probably know more about working with the DS meta in it’s current broken state then you do.”

Don’t insult me and expect me not to reply. I’m simply trying to help. You’re not.

I came here to highlight awareness of how broken the tool is and how it could be better so hopefully it will gain attention and Anet will eventually do something about it, making a better game for all of us.

Want to give advice? Give advice. Don’t respond to my post, decreeing that it’ really not a problem and everything is fine when you aren’t prepared to lose a debate when I begin to explain why that’s not the case.

Anet doesn’t fix things that are “really not a problem” and “just fine” and “simple” even though they objectively aren’t in comparison to the process for finding PvP Arenas.

And, lol, it’s not irrelevant. It’s the whole point. If you had that tool, you would have a reasonable chance of finding a meta map that’s ongoing. You wouldn’t necessarily have to show up 15 minutes early every 2 hours to complete the event while hoping you just don’t get disconnected from an online game.

Avarice.2791

Sure, the game can be improved to your standards. Do you think I’m a dev? Who are you helping by posting here?

Listen guy. You started this pointless argument with me, you insulted me right off the bat when I am simply helping others. I’m just here trying to help. I don’t care if it’s too hard to tab out of your game to look at something like a timer. That’s your problem.

Avarice.2791

I came here to highlight awareness of how broken the tool is and how it could be better so hopefully it will gain attention and Anet will eventually do something about it, making a better game for all of us.

Want to give advice? Give advice. Don’t respond to my post, decreeing that it’ really not a problem and everything is fine when you aren’t prepared to lose a debate when I begin to explain why that’s not the case.

Anet doesn’t fix things that are “really not a problem” and “just fine” and “simple” even though they objectively aren’t in comparison to the process for finding PvP Arenas.

Don’t respond to my advice, decreeing that it’s not a solution and everything is not fine. When you aren’t prepared to lose a debate when I begin to explain why that’s not the case.

Step 1: Look at timer
Step 2: Arrive before meta
Step 3: Win

Sorry if that’s too difficult for you and your pointless solution. Pin 100’s of people together click spamming servers. Yesss

MadRabbit.3179

Sure, the game can be improved to your standards. Do you think I’m a dev? Who are you helping by posting here?

Listen guy. You started this pointless argument with me, you insulted me right off the bat when I am simply helping others. I’m just here trying to help. I don’t care if it’s too hard to tab out of your game to look at something like a timer. That’s your problem.

All right, you are either really obtuse or you are just trolling me and not actually interested in something coming out of this discussion.

Avarice.2791

All right, you are either really obtuse or you are just trolling me and not actually interested in something coming out of this discussion.

Should I list off all the kittens in your “discussions” as well? Madrabbit, hero of the people! He doesn’t offer advice, but he can sure complain about anything!

MadRabbit.3179

Sorry if that’s too difficult for you and your pointless solution. Pin 100’s of people together click spamming servers. Yesss

Are you at any point going to actually provide a counter argument to any of my points or just ramble on about how pointless it is for…reasons? Yes, click spamming servers is why we can’t have tools like this, because we…already have them for PvP Arena games and 100s of people do that every day to get into the ones for completing dailies? Wait, what?

Avarice.2791

Are you at any point going to actually provide a counter argument to any of my points or just ramble on about how pointless it is for…reasons? Yes, click spamming servers is why we can’t have tools like this, because we…already have them for PvP Arena games and 100s of people do that every day to get into the ones for completing dailies? Wait, what?

Take every PvP server. Reduce those to 5-6. Now play. You’re comparing apples to oranges.

Follow my 3 step plan and you’ll never have to complain again!

MadRabbit.3179

Should I list off all the kittens in your “discussions” as well?

I am deeply sorry that my profane use of the word “kitten” has upset your delicate sensibility, but if you could just…you know…focus instead on the actual arguments that are relevant to this discussion, we might get somewhere.

Because, so far, you have just ignored all of them so you can repeat over and over again how pointless it all is and how it can’t be improved without…you know…actually addressing all the ways I’ve listed that it can be improved.

Avarice.2791

I am deeply sorry that my profane use of the word “kitten” has upset your delicate sensibility, but if you could just…you know…focus instead on the actual arguments that are relevant to this discussion, we might get somewhere.

Because, so far, you have just ignored all of them so you can repeat over and over again how pointless it all is and how it can’t be improved without…you know…actually addressing all the ways I’ve listed that it can be improved.

Ugh you’re such a blockhead. I’m not even arguing against your idea. I really don’t care. You came in hot insulting me and throwing kittens left and right… poor kittens. I’m arguing that there is an extremely easy method RIGHT NOW for a 100% success rate of getting into DS. I don’t care if you find this inconvenient. I really don’t. I’m just here, trying to help.

(edited by Avarice.2791)

MadRabbit.3179

Take every PvP server. Reduce those to 5-6. Now play. You’re comparing apples to oranges.

Yes, as long as you plan your life around a video game to show up early for an event and at no point during that 1 hour event get disconnected due to any kind of network problem, you will never have any reason to complain again with your solid and flawless solution.

And you have no metrics at all to begin speculating as to whether or not introducing a system similar system in PvE would create an unreasonable amount of technical overhead. You don’t have that metrics, because the game does not give you that kind of insight. You are grasping for straws and making a counter argument that you can’t even support.

At least, my original argument alludes to it’s being plausible, because we have it in one facet of the game and it works with no issue.

Avarice.2791

Yes, as long as you plan your life around a video game to show up early for an event and at no point during that 1 hour event get disconnected due to any kind of network problem, you will never have any reason to complain again with your solid and flawless solution.

And you have no metrics at all to begin speculating as to whether or not introducing a system similar system in PvE would create an unreasonable amount of technical overhead. You don’t have that metrics, because the game does not give you that kind of insight. You are grasping for straws and making a counter argument that you can’t even support.

At least, my original argument alludes to it’s being plausible, because we have it in one facet of the game and it works with no issue.

Again, I don’t care about your original argument. I’ve stated this so many times. It has nothing to do with my advice. If you don’t have a few hours to play why are you even trying to get into DS? Go do another meta, there’s always one up. You obviously knew this though because you know more than me. Also, network… it’s really not the games problem. Fix it.

Also,
“And you have no metrics at all to begin speculating as to whether or not introducing a system similar system in PvE would create an unreasonable amount of technical overhead. You don’t have that metrics, because the game does not give you that kind of insight. You are grasping for straws and making a counter argument that you can’t even support.”

Applies to you as well fool. I DON’T CARE ABOUT YOUR SYSTEM, IT IS NOT RELATED TO THIS THREAD. KTHX

(edited by Avarice.2791)

MadRabbit.3179

Ugh you’re such a blockhead. I’m not even arguing against your idea. I really don’t care. I’m arguing that there is an extremely easy method RIGHT NOW for a 100% success rate of getting into DS. I don’t care if you find this inconvenient. I really don’t. I’m just here, trying to help.

Yes, I am the blockhead as you continue to repeat the same thing over and over again without addressing any criticisms about how it’s not a 100% success rate.

One, when the map resets, all players get booted and then sent to random instances, even if they are in the same squad. If player volume is high enough, the squad can then pick a map instance and begin taxing into it, only to realize after the fact that it doesn’t have enough space, therefore preventing a percentage of the players from joining. At that point, unless the entire squad is willing to jump map instances, the people who couldn’t get in are SoL and will have to find a new map instance, just like they would have if they have never showed up 15 minutes early.

Two, even if people use this approach to get into a map at the start, it does nothing to address the issues of disconnects and losing all your participation.

Now, you may have been fortune to have never experienced these events, but I have and therefore, based on my testimony, your system is not 100% successful.

It’s good advice to deal with the current system, but saying the current system is fine and we don’t need improved tools is just silly at best.

MadRabbit.3179

Again, I don’t care about your original argument. I’ve stated this so many times. It has nothing to do with my advice. If you don’t have a few hours to play why are you even trying to get into DS? Go do another meta, there’s always one up. You obviously knew this though because you know more than me. Also, network… it’s really not the games problem. Fix it.

Also,
“And you have no metrics at all to begin speculating as to whether or not introducing a system similar system in PvE would create an unreasonable amount of technical overhead. You don’t have that metrics, because the game does not give you that kind of insight. You are grasping for straws and making a counter argument that you can’t even support.”

Applies to you as well fool. I DON’T CARE ABOUT YOUR SYSTEM, IT IS NOT RELATED TO THIS THREAD. KTHX

This is kind of fun. I’m enjoying watching you write stuff out in large caps.

Your advice is equally unrelated since the OP’s question was looking to see if people had similar experiences, not asking for advice to fix this.

Also, why should I go play another meta? What does me logging on late have to do with anything or even relevant to this discussion? Are you so oblvious to how computers work that you are unaware that disconnects can be caused by issues with the game server itself and not my personal network?

Further more, why would any of this matter if we had a tool that allowed us to easily join or rejoin ongoing meta maps?