Dragon's Stand Reset Bug

Dragon's Stand Reset Bug

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

For some reason, while fighting Mouth of Mordremoth, this map has a habit of suddenly kicking everyone to a new map. This is similar to the prompt for the low population maps, that send you to a new map so it can close, except there is no prompt when this happens.

Is this issue being worked on?

Dragon's Stand Reset Bug

Posted by: Defiling Treekiller.1632

Defiling Treekiller.1632

you got taxied to an already closing map without knowing probably, if people get the closure message , ignore it and taxi folks in the message will go away but the map will still close at that 60 minute mark

Dragon's Stand Reset Bug

Posted by: MrNumnut.2635

MrNumnut.2635

Exactly what Defiling said.

This applies to all maps, pretty frustrating how i keep losing my 200% progress because it’s going to close map.

Dragon's Stand Reset Bug

videoboy.4162

Why is the map trying to close when it’s full of people?

Dragon's Stand Reset Bug

Posted by: Boomer.2834

Boomer.2834

Ya, big pain in the butt all the waiting to get into Dragons Stand, join a squad, then the map resets and I’m laying there dead all by myself, whats that all about, did I enter some Galactic Time Warp and was already kicked by the dragon, I’ve tried this 3 d*mn times now and I’m always dead and everybodys always GONE! Is that Big Surprise Ending???

Dragon's Stand Reset Bug

Posted by: Jong.5937

Jong.5937

Why is the map trying to close when it’s full of people?

It’s because 1 hour before it was nearly empty. Once the map has decided to close nothing can stop it. It does not keep checking to see if more people have joined. So if a map is near empty and it decides to give a 1 hour warning it WILL close 1 hour later. If a load of people taxi into that map they will not stop it.

I agree, I think it should do another check just before closure and if the map has filled then it should not close. Hopefully Anet will either fix this or, better still, improve the megaserver system so people can get onto meta maps without this crazy need to jump, squadjoin and taxi!

Piken Square

Dragon's Stand Reset Bug

videoboy.4162

When we played yesterday, the map had just opened and we were ferrying people onto the map, but the prompt came up anyway. People were saying to just click later, since the map was filling and the prompt went away. I had no idea it closed anyway, but I’m glad I finally learned. LOL

Maybe that prompt shouldn’t show up so early on?

Dragon's Stand Reset Bug

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

you got taxied to an already closing map without knowing probably, if people get the closure message , ignore it and taxi folks in the message will go away but the map will still close at that 60 minute mark

I have already had the case that on a full map doing the meta with three tags and probably 80+ players, the announcement that the map will be closed came up.

This is seriously not working correctly currently.