Dragon's Stand Seems Dead :(

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Talena Ahrum.7430

Talena Ahrum.7430

I think it bites that if you didn’t get the tiger tamed by now, you have no chance of getting one. No one does the meta event down there any more and since spirit vale has come out it may never open again. I have been camped out down there for weeks now and no one ever does that meta event . I did participate in the meta in an attempt to reach these areas unobtainable any other way and after roughly an hour of participation, we almost had mordramoth dead and I (like many others I hear) crashed before seeing the completion missing out on the dragon’s chest. It may have even occurred as we killed him and it went to the cut scene. Please do something to at least open the map so we can get the viewpoints, poi’s, pets so on down in that area.

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

http://dulfy.net/2015/11/09/gw2-hot-maps-timer-famme/

Check for Dragon Stand groups around the time it starts. I always to get a few DS events everyday.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I’m not a huge fan of how parts of the map are locked out pending a successful meta, either. And I wish the time once the meta does succeed were longer.

I’ve seen this meta succeed twice in the last few weeks of playing. Others have seen it succeed more than that, but this is my experience.

My real concern is a few months down the road when people have more or less already gotten what they want from the map and are largely no longer doing it.

(edited by Celtic Lady.3729)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You have to be there right when the map refreshes or use the LFG. Dragon Stand is successfully completed all the time.

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

I’ve seen this meta succeed twice in the last few weeks of playing. Others have seen it succeed more than that, but this is my experience.

I’ve only seen it fail once, which was on the 2nd day of HoT launch, since then I’ve completed the meta everytime, which is probably about 10+ times, there is only really 2 things to look for when joining a DS map, firstly check the time, make sure there is still plenty of time on the clock to finish the event, do not attempt to play on maps with under an hour to go and have not even began the first events yet, I’m not saying its impossible at this point just that odds are against you. Also make sure you have 3 coms one each lane with a decent amount of people following them (taxi people in if not). Outside of that you have no real reason to fail.

Celtic Lady.3729

Outside of that you have no real reason to fail.

Yeah, that’s great, but I’ve still seen it fail numerous times with 3 comms, a full map (when the end event starts), explanations, and plenty of time on the clock. There are other variables than these that come into play and can cause what starts out as a promising map to end in failure.

Which is one of the reasons I’ve seen so little in the way of success. So far. Maybe it’ll get better as time goes by. Assuming people end up continuing to do it.

Ayrilana.1396

Yeah, that’s great, but I’ve still seen it fail numerous times with 3 comms, a full map (when the end event starts), explanations, and plenty of time on the clock. There are other variables than these that come into play and can cause what starts out as a promising map to end in failure.

Which is one of the reasons I’ve seen so little in the way of success. So far. Maybe it’ll get better as time goes by. Assuming people end up continuing to do it.

How were your groups doing the blighting tower event?

Celtic Lady.3729

Most of the time we try to have a smallish group with a separate comm/apple at the middle boss while the larger zerg runs around the outer circle, killing the preservers continuously once the pods are destroyed.

This area in particular seems to be the sticking point of the majority of the maps I get into.

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

You should definitely look into that Dulfy timer. Arrive when the map first opens and taxi into an organized map via the LFG feature. After that it is pretty much a guaranteed success. I have never seen a map fail. I usually run Dragon’s Stand late at night and I’m always able to find a full map even at those off hours. My only issue is the silly timer after the event ends to run and explore everything before the map forces you out.

Ayrilana.1396

Most of the time we try to have a smallish group with a separate comm/apple at the middle boss while the larger zerg runs around the outer circle, killing the preservers continuously once the pods are destroyed.

This area in particular seems to be the sticking point of the majority of the maps I get into.

Hmmm. Usually most groups are successful doing it that way.

Hopefully, once enough people have progressed their masteries, we’ll see at least one map try to go back to the first way with having a party at each collector. Only difference being to also have a party down below to keep those pods down and eliminate the preservers there. That could require slightly more effort but should make the event even more easier based on my observations.

I almost wish a group would try that or at the very least do it for one of the pods below and then have the Zerg observe how many mobs spawn around the collector above outside of the normal spawns which are infrequent (relatively).

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i opened lfg at 230 am cst and found a map within 5 minutes

find the rotation for map closure / refresh and use lfg to taxi in to a map with other likeminded people

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Raziel.4216

Raziel.4216

4 big games came out last week and we got raids, ofc dragon stand is going to have less people.

If Legend of Zelda came out tomorrow, the usual
forum dwellers would go nuts about the need to
“grind” to get exp, new swords, new potions etc

Posted by: Dark Sorcerer.6420

Dark Sorcerer.6420

OK, I changed what I said in a prior topic on Dragon’s Stand. There are some people that are nice and helpful on finding Vistas, Hp, and interest points. Not everyone is rude on this map and disrespectful. Finally, I am glad I got the whole map completed. I probably will not be there for awhile unless my guildies need help getting it done since i’m a GL of The Paladines [PROT]! <GriN>

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Most of the HoT meta events that aren’t AB have only one map with enough people to do it these days. I tried to do the TD meta last night as well but got there only 30 minutes before the meta so the only map with people in it was full. I tried making my own taxi on my own map but nobody joined, just not enough people playing to fill 2 maps I guess.

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

Originally there would have been enough to fill a few maps but not anymore, whilst this game is currently in a drought of any major content aside from raids the competition have all brought out something new, and with the 1 chapter per every 2 – 3 months plan Anet seems to have this could be going on for a while.

There are some TS open communities you could try to get into doing maps or even creating your own and advertising it might help to get some life into these maps.

Ayrilana.1396

It’s pretty much because Anet buffed the amount of map currency that players could obtain during a cycle. This sped up how quickly players could get all of the items from the vendors whether it be recipes, tonics, or collection items. Now players have little reason to do the metas. Only reason AB is surviving as long is because of the farm. Kill that and AB will be like the rest.

This is one of the main reasons why I am typically against the removal of grind and why it belongs in MMO’s.

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

In regards to the tiger pet, what exactly does the meta event unlock?
The area they spawn in, the WP’s or tameable tigers?

Cos perhaps i got lucky. Only recently i got HoT.
As soon as I got me into Dragon’s Stand i noticed all WP’s were contested. Out of curiosity i walked to were the tameable tigers should be, and they were there!
So i tamed my tiger pet :-)

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

In regards to the tiger pet, what exactly does the meta event unlock?
The area they spawn in, the WP’s or tameable tigers?

Cos perhaps i got lucky. Only recently i got HoT.
As soon as I got me into Dragon’s Stand i noticed all WP’s were contested. Out of curiosity i walked to were the tameable tigers should be, and they were there!
So i tamed my tiger pet :-)

This thread was necro’ed. Back when it was first posted (7 months ago), you couldn’t get to that area unless the event was completed first. They changed that with the last quarterly update.

It is a little harder to get a good DS map with the reduced population (which is a result of many things – not all negative – including summer, other games, and – of course – the content drought).

Still, if you keep an eye on the timer, you can often get on a good map, even now.

Ayrilana.1396

Oh didn’t realize that the person who necro-posted a thread on the same topic also did the same with this thread.

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

I actually think DS is one of the few things in this game not dead

Posted by: zakuruchi.4086

zakuruchi.4086

Zombie thread. Close pls.

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

Sometime last week, I jumped into DS to see what was happening, and hit up the vendor. A meta just finished, and failed. People were incredulous, given the texts flying back and forth in map chat. Incredulous and quite upset. Not sure what happened, ‘natch, since I wasn’t involved, but it seems a couple of islands blew up. So, yeah, it failed and, therefore, isn’t “successfully completed all the time.”

Posted by: Moderator

Please do not post to old threads this is against forum rules.