Posted by: AWACS.6537

AWACS.6537

Thanks Arenanet!

No.

Dragon's Stand is eerily quiet...

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

You have to taxi to get into a map that runs the event. If you just zone in and stand there you’ll rarely luck your way into a map that is actually participating. Also, as said above, you have to show up at the right time. If you show up 20 minutes before the timer and look for a map you will always be disappointed. There may also be fewer maps that usual count of Wintersday.

It’s not a great system, but you have to work with it to make it work for you.

Posted by: Sigfodr.9576

Sigfodr.9576

Might be a US problem, I play on EU and last I checked, there was 5+ maps running. This is not counting the maps run by organised groups. But just the “pug” maps, where 3 people have tagged up and put up lfg’s. And it have been like that every time I have looked. That is about the same as TEQ, so is there also eerily quiet at teq?

when do people learn to use lfg… sign

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

It’s not a great system

Pretty much this. Getting to play this map’s content comes down to taxiing to the right map at the right time and hoping they’re not all full before you click.

You’d think there would have been a better way to handle this meta.

Posted by: tensei.5784

tensei.5784

Might be a US problem, I play on EU and last I checked, there was 5+ maps running. This is not counting the maps run by organised groups. But just the “pug” maps, where 3 people have tagged up and put up lfg’s. And it have been like that every time I have looked. That is about the same as TEQ, so is there also eerily quiet at teq?

when do people learn to use lfg… sign

It’s very similar in NA in terms of maps running it from what I’ve seen. Well at least not when Teq and DS happen very closely, but that only happens a few times a day. During the evening PST there’s usually enough DS taxis on LFG when it’s starting. It does take a while sometimes to find a non-full map, though, which can be very annoying due to the locked time.

Posted by: smiling.9028

smiling.9028

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Event_timers

Be there at reset, use LFG and be committed to spend an hour on the event. If you’re late you take your chances at not finding an organized zone.

Also befriend a few commanders who you recognize as doing a good job and add them to your friend list, many times they will invite you to a map already in progress if you ask when you see them in zone.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Everyone is out watching the new Star Wars?

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

(laugh) Pretty much this. PvP was also empty tonight. Asked the question myself, and everyone said the same thing, “Star Wars.”

Ironically, I just came back from seeing it as well.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Big fail on Anets part, since newer players might not even know about lfg and taxis at all.

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

Big fail on Anets part, since newer players might not even know about lfg and taxis at all.

The true big fail is that you first have to win against the game (#taxiwars2) before you can start playing. And then you get disconnected 2 minutes before mordremoth dies and you lose 1 hour of gameplay.

#notfunnyanymore

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Very true. But, if you group, that should save you . . . in most cases.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Defiling Treekiller.1632

Defiling Treekiller.1632

how can you assure us anything especially the timing of when someone else has completed the meta lmfao or their skill at the game, like maybe save that for your dodgeball tournament league smacktalk to Zoolander . if you got DCed maybe say so in the post so normal humans and not outright geniuses like yourself can understand what you are saying. Remember not all of us are firing at the translight speed of inference that you assuredly have

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I just don’t play that rubbish. Problem solved.

Posted by: Lindelle.3718

Lindelle.3718

(laugh) Pretty much this. PvP was also empty tonight. Asked the question myself, and everyone said the same thing, “Star Wars.”

Ironically, I just came back from seeing it as well.

Not only this, but I have been avoiding meta areas, lfg, and map chat because of the spoil griefing Ive been hearing about, so Ive been hiding in the winter wonderland jp earning the bajillion drinks (which with wintersay Im sure is another reason some maps are a bit emptier.)

Finally saw it today so no more fear, whew.

Lindelle Ulfsvitr – Norn Ranger
“Walk with the pack. In the eyes of Wolf, we are all brothers and sisters.”

Posted by: Altair.8402

Altair.8402

I just don’t play that rubbish. Problem solved.

Yeah you show ’em.