Dragon's Stand meta blighting towers

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Eulolia.2467

Eulolia.2467

Q:

In each lane below where each mordrem commander spawns there are 3 blighting pods that everyone ignores. What happens when you kill them? Do the preservers stop spawning? Or are they just pointless?

Subscribe for exciting guild wars 2 videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/eulololia/

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

A:

If you kill the blighting pods less mobs run up the ramp to annoy people upstairs. Note that it does not get rid of ALL the mobs. Only the ones that run up the ramp. Also, you need a poison mastery group to do this if you do plan on it. It’s really not necessary though.

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

The typical strategy for the Blighting Towers is to split into two groups.

The Zerg group starts by circling the area and killing the preservers only. They then continue the rest of the event doing nothing but circling and killing the preservers.

The Boss group starts by following behind the Zerg group and killing the pods. After the three pods are killed, they then move on and kill the boss.

The Pods are important in that if they respawn, the boss will regenerate forcing that lane to start the chain over again. The Preservers can respawn the pods if they are allowed to reach the pod spawn area alive. Therefore it is important to kill the preservers ASAP to make sure the pods do not respawn. So the pods are very important, but if you are following a competent zerg, you should never have to bother with them.

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Erm, the big pods that have swords on em? you have to kill em to make the boss vulnerable, else you can’t kill them.
Preservers keep respawning to resummons the pods, which you do not want.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

The extra mobs when all three collectors are down don’t spawn. Or at least in theory because I can’t get people to try it. It could possibly make the blighting tower event incredibly easy.

And also difficult since most (random guess) people don’t even know the pods exist.

Eulolia.2467

The Zerg group starts by circling the area and killing the preservers only. They then continue the rest of the event doing nothing but circling and killing the preservers.

The Boss group starts by following behind the Zerg group and killing the pods. After the three pods are killed, they then move on and kill the boss.

The Pods are important in that if they respawn, the boss will regenerate forcing that lane to start the chain over again. The Preservers can respawn the pods if they are allowed to reach the pod spawn area alive. Therefore it is important to kill the preservers ASAP to make sure the pods do not respawn. So the pods are very important, but if you are following a competent zerg, you should never have to bother with them.

Erm, the big pods that have swords on em? you have to kill em to make the boss vulnerable, else you can’t kill them.

No, no, no. I am not referring to the collectors that have to be killed to make the boss vulnerable. Obviously I know how the boss works with the current tactics. I am referring to the BLIGHTING PODS which are in the pit in the middle.

Subscribe for exciting guild wars 2 videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/eulololia/

(edited by Eulolia.2467)

Ven Zehn.6573

OH, yea never paid attention to the bottom level lol, maybe we’ll try it next time I’m there

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

No, no, no. I am not referring to the collectors that have to be killed to make the boss vulnerable. Obviously I know how the boss works with the current tactics. I am referring to the BLIGHTING PODS which are in the pit in the middle.

Where do you think all those mordrem that clog the lanes come from?

I suspect at least some of them come from the blighting pods down below, but I don’t have poison mastery, so I can’t test this theory.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Eulolia.2467

I suspect at least some of them come from the blighting pods down below, but I don’t have poison mastery, so I can’t test this theory.

This is what I thought, but it requires a group to test. If killing the blighting pods did help, it would make sense for the boss group to kill them after the boss, while waiting for the other lanes to finish.

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I was also wondering about these. I doubt they are completely meaningless to the even or they would just be part of the scenery (as in you can’t select them). I’ll try to get some people to kill them on my next try to see what happens if no one else has said what they are before then.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

Ven Zehn.6573

I tried to go in solo, didn’t work lol, I think you guys are on to something though.

Posted by: Trinnitty.8256

Trinnitty.8256

hmm interesting. split into 3 groups instead of 2? :o
anet probably didn’t anticipate the power of zerg circling braking there mechanic :p

Posted by: Faab.8049

Faab.8049

hmm interesting. split into 3 groups instead of 2? :o
anet probably didn’t anticipate the power of zerg circling braking there mechanic :p

Probably true. Since we’re repeatingly completing the event chain they are apparenlty not a critical part of the event. Then again, some lanes still strugle with at this, resulting in the other lanes running in circles for 20 minutes…