Dragon stand pets.

Dragon stand pets.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Shaggy.3089

Shaggy.3089

Q:

I am a 63 year old lady who has been playing guild wars 1 from beginning and GW2 now and I am getting so angry and frustrated by the complexity of dragons stand. All I want to do is get the 2 pets for my ranger and its almost impossible for me to get them. I have been error kicked close to the dragons death twice, and once managed to get in but found I only had 30 mins to go get these pets and in an incredibly difficult to manage area for me. why cant they put the pets somewhere slightly easier to get to?
Where they are now is an area I never will manage to manoeuvre, and I don’t give up easy. please, add the 2 pets somewhere easier.

Dragon stand pets.

Posted by: Avarice.2791

Avarice.2791

The pets are fine and take about 2-3 minutes total to grab them both after completing the meta.

After completing the meta first go to the chest. This video will guide you to the Electric Wyvern:

After getting the electric wyvern port to “North Advanced Camp Waypoint” and head south, just south of the northern circle zerg events. If this is confusing watch this video:

As for disconnecting. I’ve heard that running GW2 on the 32-bit will often cause Dragonstand to crash. Not much you can do about this but what you can do is educate yourself on how to participate in the Meta. Pay attention to this guide:

http://dulfy.net/2015/11/09/gw2-hot-maps-timer-famme/

You’ll want to show up on DS about 5-15 minutes prior to “Start” on the dragonstand timer. When you arrive you should be placed on a map with a lot of people and a commander. Join up on the commander and wait for the map to reset. Once this happens you’ll most likely be ported on the same server with the rest of the squad. In the unlikely chance you are not you have about 5 minutes or so until your server fills to join up on your commander by right clicking his name under the squad interface.

I hope this helps!

Edit: I have no idea why this reply is being spaced like this so I apologize for that!

Dragon stand pets.

Posted by: pyecat.7218

pyecat.7218

I don’t have advanced gliding and I’m incredibly bad at jumping. Put that together with a 15 minute time gate and even after watching videos on youtube I failed to get the electric wyvern.

I managed to get the tiger after watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRwbOd2dV7s
but I’ve decided to do without the electric wyvern for now – it doesn’t seem to be a very useful ranger pet by all accounts anyway.

I have no intention of playing DS again just for the pet – I just don’t have enough fun doing the content to spend that amount of time on it.

If Anet decide to stop gating the electric wyvern behind a really tedious event and a timer then I might wander into DS and give it another go, until then the content just isn’t fun enough for me to bother with it.

Dragon stand pets.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You can also get a port from a Mesmer if you don’t have advanced gliding. This will let you get the wyvern.

Tiger requires very little jumping. Actually, I think you can just straight up walk there.

Dragon stand pets.

Posted by: UnfairOphelia.9763

UnfairOphelia.9763

You can also use one of the “Teleport to Friend” stones – that’s how I got my DS pets on both my rangers, thanks to an awesome guild leader who took a bunch of us on field trips to get them.

Scribe and Executive Officer of Sognatori di Tramonto [DRMS] on Fort Aspenwood.
A proud altaholic and cartographer.