Dragonstand question

Dragonstand question

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: raenen.5807

raenen.5807

Q:

This might have come up before and often but do i really need to block off over 2 hours of my day just to do dragonstand? How is this casual friendly when i have to to stay here for 2 hrs and have to hit a window to even get in. No other map in the game locks you out of content.

Dragonstand question

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

A:

It actually ends up being more like one and a half hours, starting every two hours at half past the hour (eg it’s every even half hour eastern time, 12:30, 2:30, 4:30 etc).

Colin said in his interview on Guild Chat that ANet knows the rigid time commitment of the HoT maps isn’t in line with their core design philosophy so they will be reworking things. Whether that means in the April or July big patches (or later) we don’t know.

I have no idea how they can keep the feel of DS, the massive drive up the lanes to the epic face off with the Mouth, while changing it so people can find things to do at any point they arrive, but I’m not a game designer.

Dragonstand question

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Why do you assume HoT is casual friendly?

Dragonstand question

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Why do you assume HoT is casual friendly?

LMAO Silly question, I guess you haven’t really played it or you are just trolling.

Dragonstand question

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

It actually ends up being more like one and a half hours, starting every two hours at half past the hour (eg it’s every even half hour eastern time, 12:30, 2:30, 4:30 etc).

Colin said in his interview on Guild Chat that ANet knows the rigid time commitment of the HoT maps isn’t in line with their core design philosophy so they will be reworking things. Whether that means in the April or July big patches (or later) we don’t know.

I have no idea how they can keep the feel of DS, the massive drive up the lanes to the epic face off with the Mouth, while changing it so people can find things to do at any point they arrive, but I’m not a game designer.

Massive drive up the lanes? Epic face off? =_=

Dragonstand question

Posted by: Avarice.2791

Avarice.2791

Massive drive up the lanes? Epic face off? =_=

I thought it was pretty epic the first time I participated. As far as a game centered around zerging goes.

Dragonstand question

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

/shrugs

I really enjoy it. I’ve even commanded North lane a few times, and most of the time have seen a lot of cameraderie and not that much salt. The loot keeps pouring in and I feel quite effective (huzzah, Reaper!) … helps that I only go when I intend to spend the two hours and that I had a goal for being there, to wit to make all the elite weapons. That’s done now, except for my so-far-nonexistant Rev, and now I go to help friends who need DS runs.

I certainly like the pacing a lot more than TD’s bizarre long pause, though I could do without the 15 minute time pressure at the end that makes you choose between pods or treasure mushrooms (or, if you haven’t completed it, exploration). Maybe the music helps, it revs me up.

So I hope it can retain the good parts while getting rid of the rigidity.