Drone Race Bug?

Drone Race Bug?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Aero.1489

Aero.1489

I have been trying to do the Drone Race and I always die on the final jump when mid-air. I have watched videos of others and they do the exact same thing but make it. Am I doing something wrong.
Also, in the videos I watch they are able to just go right through the poison vines with and without the shield (default skill 1) yet I try that too and die.

Drone Race Bug?

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Also, in the videos I watch they are able to just go right through the poison vines with and without the shield (default skill 1) yet I try that too and die.

Poison Mastery, I think it is the Itzel IV

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Drone Race Bug?

Posted by: Aero.1489

Aero.1489

So until I have that I cannot actually finish the race? Wow… we really shouldn’t be allowed to even start the adventure if we lack the required mastery and be allowed to waste hours of our time basically for nothing.

Drone Race Bug?

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

There must be a way (I can’t really affirm since I only tried with the mastery), but it is probably harder and time consuming.
Many adventures rely on mastery, like the Bugs on a Stick one that pretty much requires updraft.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Drone Race Bug?

Posted by: Sadu.9541

Sadu.9541

Managed to get through this. Just stay as left as possible during the last jump. Anyway Bad design because as you stated it should at least be mentioned somewhere.

Drone Race Bug?

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

So until I have that I cannot actually finish the race? Wow… we really shouldn’t be allowed to even start the adventure if we lack the required mastery and be allowed to waste hours of our time basically for nothing.

I agree it is annoying. However, you can easily get gold on this without making that jump or the first one. When I did it, I did do the other one right before the one you mentioned.

Drone Race Bug?

Posted by: Teleniel.1809

Teleniel.1809

I did this without poison mastery, and there are a few places where it seemed like the hit boxes for the bramble vines were much larger than they should be. As above, stay left as far as you can with the last jump you should have plenty of time to make gold.

Drone Race Bug?

Posted by: Aiishe.3240

Aiishe.3240

You aren’t actually supposed to do the final jump. You can jump onto the rocks and run around it instead.