Druid and Dragonhunter just some thoughts

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Avelione.6075

Avelione.6075

A quick note. I got HoT yesterday and just started playing with it.
So now I noticed that my Druid has all these healing powers and Dragon hunter has a longbow with more blue light powers.
That’s all cool but… from my over a year playing experience I feel that Ranger and Guardian are as goes:

>>>Guardian is the healer and Ranger is the killer and not the other way around.

(My Ranger even has a face of a killer, since I gave him a visage of a default human Necro as I recall)

I love to use my Guardian to heal people and Ranger has some serious firepower with a bow and a pet. And the Guardian has all these noble traits and noble names of powers and all that blue/white light (I love that light!) like an freaking angel!
I understand that Druid is nature, herbs healing and all… but the upgrade on this specialization just contradicts my experience.

We will see, new stuff looks quite awesome and personal story voice acting surely improved (not a tea party anymore!); even though… I get gameplay bugs.
I’m not spending money on a new character slot (for a Revenant) until bugs are fixed… or I’ll just farm gold to feel ok with not getting help on bugs. ;d

Equality for the bulge! ^_^

Posted by: Thrist.9046

Thrist.9046

I think the whole idea behind elite specs was to give professions more play style options than they already had. Making a healing class more of a healing class doesn’t really fit that bill.

Rangers often had trouble getting into groups because rangers weren’t very group oriented, By giving rangers healing, they have a place in Raids. I’m not sure that would have happened if Anet hadn’t given them healing.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Agreed … Elites were not intended to reinforce stereotypes. Only a few come close to that IMO so I think ANet achieved that goal.

It’s easy to forget the original intent, or miss it altogether if you’re buying HoT at this point.

Posted by: Khailyn.6248

Khailyn.6248

I like the fact that while very different (or even having the opposite concept to the original profession), they still keep a lot of the flavor of the original. Dragonhunter still uses light magic in his arrows while Druid still incorporates vines and such. I haven’t had a lot of experience with using druid spells yet since I primarily play solo but Dragonhunter is a ton of fun. Both are worth trying.

‘Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.’