Druid still stuck with pets?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

It would be sad that the only pet profession of the game suddenly lose it’s pet… Well whatever, there will be alway people wanting the “archer” archetype class to be the GW2 ranger. (Which he is not )

It would be sad for the only profession in the game that has a completely useless special mechanic to get something better? It doesn’t have anything to do with people wanting an “archer” class, it’s about pets being utterly broken and a waste of a profession mechanic.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Yes. Druid is still stuck with at least one pet.

We don’t know if they can swap pets. We don’t know if we can command that pet in any way (f1-f4). We don’t know if the pets stat’s have changed. We don’t know if Druids have the full range of Ranger choices or if they have access to pets Rangers can’t call.

But we know they still have at least one pet.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Alex.9268

Alex.9268

I think the reason is very simple, they will only change 1 trait line per new specialization, and being Anet they couldn’t be bothered removing and replacing all the pet related traits in the other trait lines. So druids will definitely be stuck with pets.

Posted by: Ace.4036

Ace.4036

They should add a tier of pets only accessible to druids

Posted by: Crey.5263

Crey.5263

I think the reason is very simple, they will only change 1 trait line per new specialization, and being Anet they couldn’t be bothered removing and replacing all the pet related traits in the other trait lines. So druids will definitely be stuck with pets.

To add on to this, I have seen no mention of them modifying existing weapon skills so all of the ranger skills that affect pet would effectively be loosing half of their utility, making them even more ineffective as a druid.

Posted by: Mar.4839

Mar.4839

To add on to this, I have seen no mention of them modifying existing weapon skills so all of the ranger skills that affect pet would effectively be loosing half of their utility, making them even more ineffective as a druid.

Well they did say that Professions who are not getting a full five new skills (from offhand weapons being their new specialization weapon) will get compensated in another way. It almost sounded like a hint towards possibly having different weapon skills when one is specialized. But we don’t know! Only that we WILL get compensated somehow for not getting 5 new skills (Anet’s own words).

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

I wish they could take AI pet code from WoW.

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

Posted by: jmt.8517

jmt.8517

I hope there looking at everquest for pet classes. I feel they did a fantastic job with them. A good balance. Honestly all they need to do is buff the pet way up, and Nerf the human, there fore making it more of a manage pet rather then manage yourself and oh heyy there goes my pet again…

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I want my pet as a druid, thank you.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

I think Druids should be able to tame some creatures that aren’t animals. Like monsters from the jungle that are influenced by Modremoths power.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I think Druids should be able to tame some creatures that aren’t animals. Like monsters from the jungle that are influenced by Modremoths power.

I think they should be able to transform for travel purposes, tame monsters optionally, or become spirits themselves.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!