Druid, the healing master

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: OtakuModeEngage.8679

OtakuModeEngage.8679

My only problem with druid, is that it has no equivalent in the other classes. The classes in gw2 are supposed to be designed to challenge the traditional gaming trinity, so that each class can play every playstyle, ie: healer, tank, dps. However, to match the druids lvl of healing, other classes have to use two, or even three trait lines, thus making them all support and no bite, whereas ranger needs only one trait line for it’s amazing healing, and has two spare lines to take a more damaged based route. This honestly puts a big imbalance in the game, making the ranger much more important/useful then other classes, because it can play two roles, while other classes can only play one.

The only other thing I wish had been done differently about rangers, is that at least one of the new pets be able to fight under water.

Posted by: Kirschsahne.2081

Kirschsahne.2081

Don’t know where to start.
A-Net is on the absolutely right way to bring differences into classes.
This change is actually too late than to early.
Does it really sound right that paper armor grab a great sword and tank or heavy armor guys run around with scepters ?? Really ??

I want imbalance in the game. If i wanna play Warrior i don’t want to play a light armored little Asure. Many people felt so and A-Net thankfully is changing.

I don’t know what to say about the pets. Why would a fire wyvern fight under water ????
It’s like asking why can’t my shark fight on land.. i wan tit so much.

People…. just be thankful that A-Net listens to the fanbase and starts bringing the fun back to GW2.
And they are doing right so following what made GW1 so much fun.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

My only problem with druid, is that it has no equivalent in the other classes. The classes in gw2 are supposed to be designed to challenge the traditional gaming trinity, so that each class can play every playstyle, ie: healer, tank, dps. However, to match the druids lvl of healing, other classes have to use two, or even three trait lines, thus making them all support and no bite, whereas ranger needs only one trait line for it’s amazing healing, and has two spare lines to take a more damaged based route. This honestly puts a big imbalance in the game, making the ranger much more important/useful then other classes, because it can play two roles, while other classes can only play one.

The only other thing I wish had been done differently about rangers, is that at least one of the new pets be able to fight under water.

All I will say is, “last few years of DD Ele…”

Posted by: Eremoo.2785

Eremoo.2785

I completely agree with you OP. If gw2 is trying to go away from trinity of roles, then why was druid created? The healing values, and practically no down time (I tested in WvW, 1 staff auto attack and celestial is up, even without enemy targets) makes this elite spec a TRUE healer. Even revenant that has the healing tablet feels like a support because the healing is not that out of proportions and the range is small.

I just don’t get where they were going with this design, was it because of raids? …

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I completely agree with you OP. If gw2 is trying to go away from trinity of roles, then why was druid created? The healing values, and practically no down time (I tested in WvW, 1 staff auto attack and celestial is up, even without enemy targets) makes this elite spec a TRUE healer. Even revenant that has the healing tablet feels like a support because the healing is not that out of proportions and the range is small.

I just don’t get where they were going with this design, was it because of raids? …

Because lots of people like to play healer and support, its fun for them. People spend money on things that are fun for them. For everyone else, there are other ESpecs that are fun.

It’s not a trinity until there is set tanks/healers/DPS with the tank and spank method, which will not happen in GW2 unless they introduce a taunting system and remove the enemy ground targeted and environmental AoE that exists.

Posted by: OtakuModeEngage.8679

OtakuModeEngage.8679

I want to clarify my post.

I do not have a problem with the way the druid is designed. The problem is that no other classes have a strong equivelent. ANet promised that with raids you don’t have to ‘wait for your healer to come on, or switch to a healing class’, but can instead, depending on your traits, turn any class into a tank, a healer or a dps. But given that the ranger is now the only viable strong healer, that is no longer true.

Thus, I feel ANet needs to add an elite healing specialization to other classes as well, or alter a curent specialization within each of the classes, so that it becomes a ‘healing specislization’ that rivels the druids prowess. Thus truly giving each class the ability to play all roles.

(edited by OtakuModeEngage.8679)

Posted by: GrapeGatsby.6937

GrapeGatsby.6937

Don’t know where to start.
A-Net is on the absolutely right way to bring differences into classes.
This change is actually too late than to early.
Does it really sound right that paper armor grab a great sword and tank or heavy armor guys run around with scepters ?? Really ??

I want imbalance in the game. If i wanna play Warrior i don’t want to play a light armored little Asure. Many people felt so and A-Net thankfully is changing.

I don’t know what to say about the pets. Why would a fire wyvern fight under water ????
It’s like asking why can’t my shark fight on land.. i wan tit so much.

People…. just be thankful that A-Net listens to the fanbase and starts bringing the fun back to GW2.
And they are doing right so following what made GW1 so much fun.

I don’t know why the guy above is calling you a troll. GW1 was indeed completely different from GW2 I felt there were way more viable builds in GW1 than GW2. This was in large part because of how many more skills that were viable and interesting because they actually did something unique. In GW2 it boils down to the same few builds for everyone and “few” is being generous… All this talk about escaping the trinity system to not lock people down and it ends up being the same old thing. Funny because it the same spiel that Blizzard did for Diablo 3 talking about how there is so many possible builds, but it was basically a few reliable skills and a bunch of useless space filling skills.

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

OP, have you seen revenent spec’d as a healer?

Tempest ele spec’d for aura/shoutshare can also heal boatloads…..

btw, druid can’t do any kind of aurashare to beef up your party like ele can….

BOTH are valuable now… you don’t need 50 different way of healing that druid has … its not neccessary and anet over did druid in that aspect…it has TOO much healing and not enough DPS/party buffs/utilities that other classes can bring…..

Posted by: Lome.8239

Lome.8239

What is going on in this thread?

Guardian, Tempest and especially Herald/Revenant are all capable of mitigating damage as well as Druid. Druid is best at raw HPS, yes, but the other classes make up for it with mitigation and other forms of support.