Dulfy's Scribing Guide

Dulfy's Scribing Guide

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Dulfy made a very good guide to scribing:

http://dulfy.net/2016/01/06/gw2-scribing-crafting-leveling-guide/

Might be worth to consider levelling scribing now while slivers are cheap.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Dulfy's Scribing Guide

Posted by: Rin of Rivvinda.4971

Rin of Rivvinda.4971

Although the Sliver price is all but back to normal, it hopefully helps scribes to safe a lot of gold while leveling up. If your guild does not have the required recipes unlocked you are welcome to join [RiFa] as a guest to level your scribe (and if you like you are welcome to stay as long as we have space). Mail me ingame if you like an invite.

When i’m online i can also give you the latest update on what to craft until which level based on the actual TP prices if you like.

You can also contact

aginjai

in game, he is one of our officers who is more hours online then me atm. If we are not on, send me an ingame mail and we invite you as soon as possible.

Update:
Note, as we found out that this was not clear for everyone who contacted us…
Anything guild related (decorations(balloons), WvW upgades, siege and banners) you buy or craft while leveling in our guild, stays in our guild. It is unfortunately not possible for you to visit us or any other guild to buy white balloons and bring them to your own guildhall. If you want balloons in your own hall you need to unlock the T3 decoration mercant for your own hall first. This is for any(basic) decoration you buy at the guild decoration vendor currently.

If you just want to level your scribe, then you can buy balloons and color them in our hall to level up your scribe level (you only can’t bring the balloons home with as they end up in our processing line and its not possible to trade or donate them as they remain bound to our guild).

please keep that in mind.

Vin Lady Venture, of The Rising Falcons [RiFa]
member of the Fissure of Woe (FoW) community

(edited by Rin of Rivvinda.4971)

Dulfy's Scribing Guide

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Although the Sliver price is all but back to normal, it hopefully helps scribes to safe a lot of gold while leveling up. If your guild does not have the required recipes unlocked you are welcome to join [RiFa] as a guest to level your scribe (and if you like you are welcome to stay as long as we have space). Mail me ingame if you like an invite.

When i’m online i can also give you the latest update on what to craft until which level based on the actual TP prices if you like.

It’s an awesome guide. I’ve linked it for a number of friends and on my guild forums.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Dulfy's Scribing Guide

Malediktus.9250

Just finished getting 400 scribe with this guide and [RiFa]’s help. Went very smooth.

Dulfy's Scribing Guide

Rin of Rivvinda.4971

Thanks for all the kind words.

A tip for everyone farming flax seeds…. its time to sell your flax fibers that you get with them!!! (i guess the guide kind of caused a spike in the flax fiber prize so sell them now while they are worth a lot)

Dulfy's Scribing Guide

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

Thanks for all the kind words.

A tip for everyone farming flax seeds…. its time to sell your flax fibers that you get with them!!! (i guess the guide kind of caused a spike in the flax fiber prize so sell them now while they are worth a lot)

However, if too much people sell their flax fibers now the price would go down (too)
fast … good for the ones who follow your guide and want to level scribe … not so good for the sellers.

Dulfy's Scribing Guide

Rin of Rivvinda.4971

Well after the initial wave of players are done with scribing the price will fall, and since (even with the guide) it still costs about 1000 gold (if you would have to buy everything from the trading post) to level a scribe from 0-400 and that they can mainly make guild related items (so if you have 1 in your guild you are good to go) i doubt that many players will level them (besides the AP hunters). Still i have to say i’m amazed by the number of guests we already got to welcome to level their scribe.

Due to that we actually found out that you can have a maximum of 250 items in stock waiting for processing….and the problem is that if you are at that maximum, scribes can no longer craft that schematic. (so if you try to scribe something and it will not work… ask your guild leader to check if the processing stack is full)

We already got so many schematics crafted that our process device will be busy none stop for the next 2 years!!!! (unless we speed it up)

Still, it makes you wonder how the defs thought while making this……

Dev 1 : “Hey what shall we do with the item limit for processing in the new guild system, will 100 be enough?”
Dev 2: “Well lets leave it at our standard stack size of 250, then no guild will ever have trouble with it getting full”
Dev 1 : “Ok lets do that then”

Attachments:

(edited by Rin of Rivvinda.4971)

Dulfy's Scribing Guide

Malediktus.9250

Scribe is horrible tbh. Did you see how much Thesis of Superior Strength costs to craft? 263g last time I checked.
https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/77146-Thesis-on-Masterful-Strength
Even for 26g it would be a waste of gold.

Anet needs to recheck costs vs reward or soon scribing will only be levelled by AP hunters.

Dulfy's Scribing Guide

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

That’s pretty funny there’s a limit of 250 LOL.

If anyone needs a temp invite for scribe I can help too with my guild (on NA). Don’t have the last 2 upgrades though for emergency wp and presence of keep but got the rest.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Dulfy's Scribing Guide

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Well after the initial wave of players are done with scribing the price will fall, and since (even with the guide) it still costs about 1000 gold (if you would have to buy everything from the trading post) to level a scribe from 0-400 and that they can mainly make guild related items (so if you have 1 in your guild you are good to go) i doubt that many players will level them (besides the AP hunters). Still i have to say i’m amazed by the number of guests we already got to welcome to level their scribe.

Due to that we actually found out that you can have a maximum of 250 items in stock waiting for processing….and the problem is that if you are at that maximum, scribes can no longer craft that schematic. (so if you try to scribe something and it will not work… ask your guild leader to check if the processing stack is full)

We already got so many schematics crafted that our process device will be busy none stop for the next 2 years!!!! (unless we speed it up)

Still, it makes you wonder how the defs thought while making this……

Dev 1 : “Hey what shall we do with the item limit for processing in the new guild system, will 100 be enough?”
Dev 2: “Well lets leave it at our standard stack size of 250, then no guild will ever have trouble with it getting full”
Dev 1 : “Ok lets do that then”

250 is more than enough really. It’s a product of your own success. It just means people need to find a different guild with a scribing station.
It’s a nice way of getting alot of donated decorations though. Im wondering why not more guilds sign up for something like this. (mine doesnt have all decoration traders)

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Dulfy's Scribing Guide

Rin of Rivvinda.4971

We realize that as well, normally no guild is likely to ever hit this cap so we also understand the limit just made a bit of fun out of it that we actually hit it.

There are however probably not that many guilds yet that have all the required unlocks already (given the Aetherium time gate for guild unlocks). And have all the permissions required for crafting set up. (since not everyone wants to open up the option that ‘Guests’ can craft up their already build decorations stored in the stash into something else)

We have found a sollution for the issue btw we teamed up with our allies "Legends of Traumatic Stuff [LoTS], so centaur banners and emergency waypoints can be crafted in their hall. For balista’s you can craft guild arrowcarts (they are about the same cost to craft) and instead of green balloons you can craft any other color. (details are in our message of the day when you get invited). We also have alternatives you can craft in place as well.

Dulfy's Scribing Guide

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I would have said it would be the amount of linseed oil and sand paper. But then I forgot deco trader 3 needs level 34 as well. Something our guild has gotten weeks ago.

I suppose for upgrading decorations it indeed could become quite annoying if you want to keep certain things un-upgraded. (Those piles of snow, for example, make a great JP making tool, as well as floating ledges where ever you like)

Still a nice guide btw. I saw that brown pigment seems to be the thing that is really the most expensive, and I probably gonna just slowly upgrade our guild stuff, as I’m all out of money for the pigment, and wouldn’t really want to waste it on Guild Banquets. =P

WvW upgrades at least might be interesting once ArenaNet does their magic WvW thing they have planned in I dunno how many months.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Dulfy's Scribing Guide

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

A big thank you to Rin/Vin Lady and RiFa for putting this guide together and being welcoming!

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Dulfy's Scribing Guide

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

The guide also shows how insanely unbalanced the whole scribing profession is, because just by looking at mats, no small or medium sized guild can have fun funding a guild scribe.

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

Dulfy's Scribing Guide

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

The guide also shows how insanely unbalanced the whole scribing profession is, because just by looking at mats, no small or medium sized guild can have fun funding a guild scribe.

Ermm….

It depends how you look at it.
Looking at the guide, it is not the ideal guide for guild that gonna fund a scriber.

Rationally thinking, while you are leveling your guild hall, certain scribe items will be required for the upgrades, particularly the papers. Achieving a win-win situation where you get to level scribe and build up your guild hall, you will want the scriber maxing the scribing experience bar first by refining mats and then crafting the papers before moving on to schematics which will be used by the guild. Doing so, you level your scriber while the guild also profit from the scribe’s products (I see what you did there).

For guilds that have yet to upgrade their guild hall much and wish to fund a scriber, do not use this guide.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

Dulfy's Scribing Guide

Rin of Rivvinda.4971

The guide is indeed focusing on leveling a scribe for the lowest ammount of gold possible.

About the synergy between leveling up your guild and scribe…. sorry but its rather poor. Paper only gives crafting exp in the same levels as in which you also refine all your materials and craft components that you need for crafting in the next 50 crafting levels. This allone will usually level you up the 25 crafting levels to the next set (at which you no longer get any crafting exp for paper).
That leaves sand paper. While this indeed gives crafting exp in a level range for which you can not refine anything to get crafting exp, you only need Sheet of Extra Coarse Sandpaper for 3 guild upgrades:
Guild Hall Decorations Merchant 1 (100 sandpaper)
Guild Hall Decorations Merchant 2 (200 sandpaper)
Guild Hall Decorations Merchant 3 (300 sandpaper)
However, Sheet of Extra Coarse Sandpaper only gives crafting exp from lv 25-50. The other sand papers are not required for any guildhall upgrades (so far in the game). This is perhaps a good thing since you can not trade sandpaper, so if high level sand paper would be required you would actually lock any upgrade that required it out from guilds that do not have a (high level) scribe to craft it.

You can ofcourse substitute things from the guide with decorations and if you like them for in your guild i also highly recommend that you do that. However, that will always be more expensive because decorations require more resonating slivers to craft then WvW upgrades. In addition decorations also require expensive things like sandpaper (coarse sand), lineseed oil (flax seeds) and pigments (specially the brown ones) which are expensive. The guide has no need for those (except some pigments to craft 5 backpacks along the way to get past the lv 280-300 ‘gap’). Therefore, even with the currently massive inflated flax fiber prizes, its still a lot cheaper to craft a wvw upgrade then a decoration (and they give the same ammount of crafting exp). The book covers that you craft in the guide are indeed mainly wasted, however due to the low cost involved in crafting them, the best option if you want to get levels cheap, but also the best levels to replace with guild decorations in case you want to craft usefull things.

Also keep in mind that in the current market using the guide, a scribe would cost you about 850 gold to level from 0-400 if you would need to buy every material required on the trading post. However, 300 gold is needed to buy al the resonating slivers which are obtained from guild missions. You could as a guild donate these all to your guild scribe to lower the cost. That would leave you with 500 gold in material cost. This is still a lot of gold, but some upgrades in the guildhall are even more expensive in material costs.. (Tavern Restoration 2 for example)

Also, over time the cost of leveling a scribe will likely go down, the recent “issue” with resonating slivers allone resulted in a 150 gold drop in the cost of leveling a scribe, even dispite the now released guide and players that are fast leveling their scribes with it and the current spike in the flax fiber price.

Again if you like to craft some guild decorations along the way for your guild i highly recommed you to do that, however unless you want to craft about 22 decorations for each 25 crafting levels, you could substitute part of the decorations with the suggestions from the guide and safe quite some gold to level up.