Dungeons in HOT

Dungeons in HOT

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Quin.9740

Quin.9740

I heard new raids are coming in this expansion. I was wondering are there new dungeons since none have been added for 3 years…

Mighty Quin of SOR

Dungeons in HOT

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Not sure if you’re serious? Dungeons got stuck on the back burner and the team disbanded over a year ago and with the release of HoT they cut back the direct gold reward by 2/3rds to discourage running them.

Fractals are now the “new” instanced party content they are developing for besides raids.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Dungeons in HOT

Posted by: Psygo.5976

Psygo.5976

Basically the 4 new maps are dungeons.

Dungeons in HOT

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

No, the dungeons got abandoned as a project, because Anet devs would rather introduce new shinies than fix old ones.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Dungeons in HOT

Posted by: Quin.9740

Quin.9740

Not sure if you’re serious? Dungeons got stuck on the back burner and the team disbanded over a year ago and with the release of HoT they cut back the direct gold reward by 2/3rds to discourage running them.

Fractals are now the “new” instanced party content they are developing for besides raids.

Actually I am quite serious. I have not played GW2 since April last year and just have returned and I expected new dungeons with a new expansion. I am a bit disappointed if it is only 4 maps of content and raids. I did expect a full content expansion considering the price of it.

Mighty Quin of SOR

Dungeons in HOT

Posted by: Kiza.5630

Kiza.5630

I am a bit disappointed if it is only 4 maps of content and raids. I did expect a full content expansion considering the price of it.

Explore the maps before you judge it. They are huuuuge. Tangled Mess… I mean Depths, basically feels like 4 maps stacked onto each other. Last night I jumped, more like fell, into kitten (stupid profanity filter, “a deep and dark hole”) and found that giant underwater caverns. Felt like ending up in Blackreach in Skyrim.

(edited by Kiza.5630)

Dungeons in HOT

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Actually I am quite serious. I have not played GW2 since April last year and just have returned and I expected new dungeons with a new expansion. I am a bit disappointed if it is only 4 maps of content and raids. I did expect a full content expansion considering the price of it.

Nope. They’re done with dungeons. And are even actively discouraging people from running them by reducing rewards (they literally stated this publicly). Also, raids aren’t even here yet, and only the first wing will be released “soon.”

Dungeons in HOT

Posted by: Viima.8125

Viima.8125

We loved dungeons, they bring pleasure and money. If the reward is not returned-we to leave the game. We were not given anything in return, except for the study map (which is uninteresting and boring)

Dungeons in HOT

Posted by: Lonely.9761

Lonely.9761

I played almost 2 years and my most favorite content was dungeons. I really enjoyed running it. And now? No new dungeons, no new fractals, raids will be “soon”, and old dungeons and fractal ruined. GG Anet, you really make me regret about buying HoT

Dungeons in HOT

Posted by: Warlock.7136

Warlock.7136

Anet said dungeons have been abandoned as future content. with the exception of fractals. they said they “felt we made a complex set of circumstances for dungeon content, that got done in the most boring way possible.” (quote is paraphrased). basically stacking zerkers killed dungeons. anet is against stacking. they want you out and surrounding bosses and dodging attacks etc. but all that happened in dungeons is zerker stacking and so we lost dungeons. that said I look forward to raids and new raids and living story updates in the future. I don’t do fractals because of agony resistance. I feel that it should have worked like luck. i.e. eat an agony resistance and get a permanent bonus on your character. rather then requiring a set of armor useless everywhere but fractals. take it as a cautionary tale. we lost content because stacking=fun killer, and I agree with this.

Dungeons in HOT

Posted by: CadeRG.4508

CadeRG.4508

I feel like dungeons are meant to be played as major steps in the personal story, done while leveling.

It’s a lot more immersive when you can easily group together with other people doing their story mode of the dungeon, rather than just rushing through the dungeon burning everything down in tight corners of the room. After all, these dungeons are all very story-driven. Hence all the dialogue cutscenes that fit in well while in the personal story while leveling.

Vaulting daredevil leap frog teef of AoE destruction

Dungeons in HOT

Posted by: MrH.2591

MrH.2591

Dungeons are dead, long live our new Fractal and Raid overlords!