Earning favour question

Earning favour question

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Q:

If you are doing a guild event with a different guild do you earn favour for your own guild or does the guild that started the event only get favour?

Earning favour question

Posted by: Pink Ninja Man.4375

Pink Ninja Man.4375

I’m assuming the guild that started it get’s the credit for guilds (favor) but you can still earn your individual reward (the chest thing from the twitch show >_<) for completing it with them. Not 100% but that seems the way it was described on the guild chat show.

Twitch – PinkNinjaMan [/\///\/_//\]
Main Class – Ranger [Bezerker/Trapper Hybrid]
Main Mode – WvW [Gate of Madness]

Earning favour question

Yargesh.4965

I’m assuming the guild that started it get’s the credit for guilds (favor) but you can still earn your individual reward (the chest thing from the twitch show >_<) for completing it with them. Not 100% but that seems the way it was described on the guild chat show.

Yeah, could be but seemed a little ambiguous. For example they talked about guilds working together, but if only one guild got favour then there is not a lot of point in working together.

Earning favour question

Posted by: sirjarros.4107

sirjarros.4107

My hope is that two or more guilds can team up and do a missions together, without members need to rep a guild other than their main one. I believe this will be true based on the following quotes from https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-mission-changes-and-improvements/.

“every guild will roll the same guild missions every week”

and

“There are now two types of missions: prerolled and random target. Prerolled missions are missions that allow you to see everything that’s required of your guild as soon as the mission is rolled…once Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns is released, we’ll be moving most missions over to prerolled, and only Bounties and Treks will remain random target missions.”

Example
Let’s say week one you have a “hard” difficulty WvW mission to capture and hold a keep until it upgrades to Tier 1, or perhaps the Ghost Wolf Guild Rush. Based on the above details, every other in the game will also have that “hard” WvW mission and that same Guild Rush.

Thus, it’s feasible that you could meet up with another guild, both queue the mission, help each other complete it and then both guilds would get credit, and all members would get their individual rewards as well, without anyone needing to change their rep status or temporarily join some other guild.

Exceptions are for puzzles and challenges, which will be instanced. But you could still do them together with another guild, as the blog post explains.

That’s my current understanding/hope of how it will work. Would be nice to have a dev confirm this is correct. Hope this helps the OP.

Earning favour question

Yargesh.4965

The above is what I got out of the information as well. It does not however say how the favour will be distributed if for example you have 2 or more guilds doing a puzzle together or other events where small guilds would benefit from joining up.

Earning favour question

sirjarros.4107

The above is what I got out of the information as well. It does not however say how the favour will be distributed if for example you have 2 or more guilds doing a puzzle together or other events where small guilds would benefit from joining up.

This is a valid point/concern. But I would think that if a guild queued the mission, and completed it, regardless of the presence of other guilds or players, that guild would get the full favor reward.

Bounties work this way on live currently, as random folks on the map often come to help down the bounty without being part of the guild.

Earning favour question

sirjarros.4107

This is a valid point/concern. But I would think that if a guild queued the mission, and completed it, regardless of the presence of other guilds or players, that guild would get the full favor reward.

In other words, I doubt that favor gets “distributed around”. The favor is connected to the completion of the mission — not how many players or guilds participate. Or so I would suspect.

Bounties work this way on live currently, as random folks on the map often come to help down the bounty without being part of the guild.

However, confirmation from a dev would still be helpful.

Earning favour question

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

My hope is that two or more guilds can team up and do a missions together, without members need to rep a guild other than their main one. I believe this will be true based on the following quotes from https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-mission-changes-and-improvements/.

-snip-

I hope its this way too as it would solve several potential and obvious problems,
but given how all the info is so vague always leaving more questions than answers. (We have to find out ourselves)

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

Earning favour question

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I thought they said, and I could be mistaken, that whichever Guild started the instance would be the one earning the favor, and that if Guilds wanted to team up, they could take turns starting it.

Maybe that only applied to the ‘Expedition’, but if it works that way for that instance, it may work that way for all. Which is kind of a bummer, but not unviable, I suppose.