Economy Question - Salvage Changes

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Silent The Gray.3091

Silent The Gray.3091

Q:

Firstly this might take me a minute to get to my question just as a forewarning, i’ll try to keep it short. Map changes will be providing consistency to the materials dropping if they are on some rotating schedule which i’m assuming they will be, so in turn i would hope that salvage changes are on a rotating schedule as well to quote the recent update on the salvage changes:

" To help get us closer to where we want to be, we’ll simultaneously roll out changes to the salvaging of some materials. Some of these changes will reduce output to help us maintain scarcity, and some will rebalance heavily input materials with more rare materials to help even out some of the variation of scarcity we currently have."

I feel like this will create a problem if it isn’t managed in some kind of schedule rotation, what you’ll have is a deflation of say, silk for example, but gossamer might slowly start to rise, instead of having a hard change that fixes it now, why not implement a rotating schedule so you don’t have to keep fixing this issue of economy influxes?

Posted by: BaconofPigs.1683

BaconofPigs.1683

So t5 leathers are going 5:1 ratio up from 3:1…
So mithrils are going 3:1 ratio up from 2:1…
So t5 woods are going 4:1 ratio up from 3:1….
So oricalcum, platinum are going 3:1 ratio up from 2:1…

#speculation but you’ll never know

Yay for refinement. Or you could just hold and not update your client til you read the patch note and then update. Or just have two game clients on two different comps. Update one, don’t update the other. Find out for yourself.

Silent The Gray.3091

So t5 leathers are going 5:1 ratio up from 3:1…
So mithrils are going 3:1 ratio up from 2:1…
So t5 woods are going 4:1 ratio up from 3:1….
So oricalcum, platinum are going 3:1 ratio up from 2:1…

#speculation but you’ll never know

Yay for refinement. Or you could just hold and not update your client til you read the patch note and then update. Or just have two game clients on two different comps. Update one, don’t update the other. Find out for yourself.

Exactly, but this doesn’t balance the economy it just creates a different surge for some mats, while the ones that are surged ahead in price now fall, that isn’t balancing.

BaconofPigs.1683

I was wondering if he will answer that question. Otherwise I’d suggest people not update their client that day til they read the patch note.

Silent The Gray.3091

I was wondering if he will answer that question. Otherwise I’d suggest people not update their client that day til they read the patch note.

Yeah, they are probably avoiding answering the question altogether. :P

Posted by: Faab.8049

Faab.8049

What will delaying updating the client do for you? You cant login untill you’ve upgraded to the latest version, so what the point in holding off? Maybe i’m missing your point though.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

What will delaying updating the client do for you? You cant login untill you’ve upgraded to the latest version, so what the point in holding off? Maybe i’m missing your point though.

If you’re already logged in when a patch hits, you have 1 hour to patch. If you don’t leave the zone or log out, you can use that hour to craft what you want to craft before you patch, but after you’ve read the notes.

So, if they just stand around and wait in a zone with crafting stations, and with characters that can refine everything, they can be ahead of the game.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Faab.8049

Faab.8049

Ah, thanx Palador. Well, to each his own way, I would say. In the long you’ll run into the new ratios anyway once you have refined everything.

BaconofPigs.1683

Ah, thanx Palador. Well, to each his own way, I would say. In the long you’ll run into the new ratios anyway once you have refined everything.

Not if you manage to refine about 2-10 millions…

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

And with access to the market, that’s possible. See what’s gotten nerfed, and grab what you can before you’re forced to patch, processing it as you go (if refinement is needed).

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Problem is that you cant refine a million mats in an hour. I would be surprised, if you manage more than 20k.

And i would expect Anet to give an hour warning in game that a new build WILL be available and once it is, they will kick everybody from the servers within a minute or so, just like they do in wvw.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Silent The Gray.3091

Still curious on this :P

(edited by Silent The Gray.3091)

Silent The Gray.3091

bumping in hopes this might get answered

Posted by: Sidenti.6035

Sidenti.6035

…there isn’t really a question here to answer, though. It’s more of a complaint. -Sid

Silent The Gray.3091

I feel like this will create a problem if it isn’t managed in some kind of schedule rotation, what you’ll have is a deflation of say, silk for example, but gossamer might slowly start to rise, instead of having a hard change that fixes it now, why not implement a rotating schedule so you don’t have to keep fixing this issue of economy influxes?

Thank you for trolling this thread, it’s not a complaint, I simply would like to know if they have a long term plan for fixing the salvage changes they plan to implement or whether this is a temporary fix. Seems like a pretty straightforward question to me, and I really never complained about any of it. I’m just curious what will happen.

Sidenti.6035

Thank you for trolling this thread, it’s not a complaint, I simply would like to know if they have a long term plan for fixing the salvage changes they plan to implement or whether this is a temporary fix. Seems like a pretty straightforward question to me, and I really never complained about any of it. I’m just curious what will happen.

First off? If I were trolling you’d know it. ;-)

Second? Yeah, this is a complaint. You clearly don’t demonstrate curiosity when you type things like “instead of having a hard change that fixes it now, why not implement a rotating schedule so you don’t have to keep fixing this issue of economy influxes?” You don’t like what’s proposed, and have an alternative you’d like to push.

That’s the most likely reason why your “question” isn’t being answered. It’s not a question so much as it is an alternative suggestion for something you don’t like.

(I’d assume it’s going to be long-term, but I’m nearly positive you won’t take my word for that.)

Change is going to happen a lot in your life. Get used to it. -Sid

Sidenti.6035

First off? If I were trolling you’d know it. ;-)

Second? Yeah, this is a complaint. You clearly don’t demonstrate curiosity when you type things like “instead of having a hard change that fixes it now, why not implement a rotating schedule so you don’t have to keep fixing this issue of economy influxes?” You don’t like what’s proposed, and have an alternative you’d like to push.

That’s the most likely reason why your “question” isn’t being answered. It’s not a question so much as it is an alternative suggestion for something you don’t like.

(I’d assume it’s going to be long-term, but I’m nearly positive you won’t take my word for that.)

Change is going to happen a lot in your life. Get used to it. -Sid

Not trying to push anything either, just offering a possible alternative. I know that things will change, I just feel slightly deserving as a player to have a slight idea of what could happen, they haven’t even given us that other than “there will be salvage changes, we won’t give you even a hint of what those are, but they’ll happen” so yes, that’s a bit discerning for me. I’m okay with it changing, an idea of what to expect would be greatly appreciated and I know that I can’t be the only person that thinks this.

It’s frustrating to have so little information on this, when compared to map changes they’ve gone into significant detail, but will not disclose information on this, yet I view them of equal importance and both have an equal effect on the economy, that is the reason for my posting, sorry if I was unclear.

Pushing, offering, potato, potahto, spud gun ammo.

I have never met a game that has fully informed its players of economic changes, mostly to avoid speculation in those markets before launch. Sorry, but our own worst enemy when it comes to being informed is often ourselves. Maybe not you in particular, and maybe not me in particular, but history has consistently shown that there’s one kitten in the bunch who will. ANet’s right to play their cards close to their chest here, so I guess you’ll just have to be patient.

It’s not the worst thing in the world to wait. I mean, it’s not like you’re going to lose real money if you’re caught flatfooted by the changes, right? -Sid

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

And i would expect Anet to give an hour warning in game that a new build WILL be available and once it is, they will kick everybody from the servers within a minute or so, just like they do in wvw.

This will very likely be the case.

Both to prevent the very obvious exploit that people are brazenly discussing here and because of the breadth of the HoT patch.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…