Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

“For one thing, in the scene, she just turns around and stares at the creature and does absolutely nothing to attempt to get away or fight. This is a very un-Norn-like response, especially from a master hunter and fighter like Eir. She would have fought or at least dodged and run. Period.”

I wouldn’t say she was doing nothing per se but rather watching the monster for tells and tactical opportunities to escape, but she was in no condition to physically act on the information and the monster was simply too fast.

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Orrrrrr, ok hear me out. Maybe Garm survived somehow, but is severely wounded and Rox ends up finding him and adopting him as a ranger pet? Or maybe Braham adopts him (but Braham is not a ranger like Eir). Garm can’t be dead darnit! sniff sniff

For a long time now, I’ve suspected that there’s more to Garm than we’ve been told. There are a few hints that he may be smarter and more skilled than you’d expect, even of Eir’s pet.

I kind of think he may be a norn that pulled too much on Wolf’s power, and got changed for good. Even his mind is changed, but bits of who and what he was still remain.

I think we’ll see him again.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Posted by: Xaton.1902

Xaton.1902

well from what I saw in video she knew it was her time and instead of fleeing from it she faced death head on with courage and valor instea dof dieing fleeing she died faceing what was to kill her. thus may not be action fight but still just as courage. This could also be why rytlock was flipping out in that mission sense connection of the mists he saw threads of fate type thing and saw it comeing but didn’t want to mention it. or something. maybe in that split section you see her nod and then face the minion is that spirit exchange some one fan typed up happened. I mean spirits are not bound by time relaly.

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Posted by: Zabiyaka.2567

Zabiyaka.2567

Anet shouldnt kill her. If they dont want to involve her in further story they should just at least let her be.-_-’ Anet wanted to make ppl like Braham? Community now hate him.

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Posted by: Kunzaito.8169

Kunzaito.8169

I was also very disappointed with the death of Eir. I understand that for logistical reasons games have to play very fast and loose with the rules of what does and doesn’t kill someone: after all, our characters endure all manner of stabbings, explosions, and blows from gigantic creatures (and each other) and are at worst “defeated,” ready to fight again in moments. Typically the reasoning that gets made to distinguish between our abilities and NPC cannon fodder has to do with special powers, training, and ability.

GW2 has always blurred this line in confusing ways with its revive mechanics. After all, while you do see your share of death, most often you will run across NPCs that you can pick up again and again from defeat, no worse for wear. This is especially true of your named allies in instances. The are fellow heroes with heroic abilities who have and can make it through those extraordinary challenges.

In this case, despite any attempt to reason around Eir’s physical state when you find her, it’s really just bizarre to think of the number of times she has been alongside of you and taken a full nuking with some sliver of health coming off, and here… one stab, one smash, and gone.

And worse, as others have pointed out, is how easy the fight is with the creature that took her out. It gives a very bad taste, knowing how much rougher of circumstances she has made it through with you, and really draws your attention to how much of a plot contrivance the event is, rather than an organic, character-driven moment.

And my big issue is, when you play through this instance on a Norn character, your reaction is exactly the same as other races. You don’t sound sad or broken up, the only thing you do is gently tell Braham to take his time. This woman was your mentor – she identified you as having the ability to build an epic legend, and guided you from boar-killing greenhorn to dragon-killing warrior over the course of a year? Two years? (in-game calendar). She should mean something to YOU, not just Braham, who has spent FAR less time with her than you. Really sour.

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

What if they killed Eir to have her be the next Elite Specialization Legend for Revenants? We could use the longbow

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

I’m glad Eir died the way she did. I’m tired of the game industry godmodding characters.

Seriously Eir was a bipedal humanoid lacking any kind of shell, spikes, claws, or any real defense outside of opposable thumbs. And yet it still took a giant creature 5 times her size to actually kill her, and only after she was backstabbed.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

Maybe she didn’t fight back because Logan wasn’t there to give her permission to?

… oh, wait. Sorry. Other M flashback….

And on a more serious note, I picture something like this happening in the mists shortly after:

Eir wanders through the grey void

Eir: Spirits? I don’t understand. Why wasn’t I able to call upon the change? Why did you leave me too weak to fight?

Eir: Wolf? Bear? Have you abandoned me?

A Voice: No, Eir. They did not abandon you.

Raven appears before her, gliding down out of the mists.

Raven: I am the one that prevented you from changing.

Eir: Raven? I… I respect your wisdom, but I do not understand. Why?

Raven: Eir, you were weak and injured. Had you survived the fight, you would have been of no use to your allies.

Raven: Your son would have abandoned his own quest to see you safely home. He would not be there for them when he is needed.

Eir: And with me dead?

Raven: He will mourn, and then he will press on in your memory. With his aid, many more will be saved.

Eir nodded, understanding.

Eir: My one life for many. That is a good death. Owl would be proud.

Raven bowed his head at the mention of the lost Spirit.

Raven: Yes. Owl would be proud.

Quick query: in what way is her son of use to us (or anyone)? O.o

He probably took her body back for a full burial ceremony anyways, so with her alive or dead he would have done the same thing, haha.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Swift.1930

That is a wonderful interpretation of how Eir might have communicated with the Spirits after her death, sadly it still doesn’t address the manner in which she died which is a key element to how I feel Eir has been treated.

Her death, however harsh and sad I can accept, for the story, for Braham, for Druids / Dragonhunters, even for the future of Tyria.

The manner in which her death occurred though, is ultimately tragic and I feel degrades Eir as a character and as a Norn.

The debate over how well Eir might have survived a crash, lack of food and water and being stabbed could undoubtedly be debated and if it was scientifically possible to do so accurately on specific details within a game, let alone a fantasy based one, then I would be all for it, but in doing so it only detracts from my original reason for posting and in my view detracts from the rich Lore that the game has.

Eir still had the strength to walk and she could have rolled away from the Vinetooth’s tail attack, even transformed in to the Spirit of Wolf. Her fate need not have changed, just the manner of her passing.

Eir was a Legend in and of her own right and she deserved a Norn’s end and a chance to go out with a fight, to die with honor and to face the spirits proud with songs sung by the Skalds of the legend she had created for herself, a legend that would not only inspire her son Braham but one that would inspire future generations from all the races.

Well, I’d say that it’s not just the manner of her death that was an issue: it was also the fact that we (and our whole team) just sits around watching this skirmish. We’ve got gliders, mushroom-hopping skills, longbows, an infinite supply of long-range hammers (revenants), and half an army of rescued soldiers with us – but for some reason a five-minute (that’s a very long time in battle) cutscene plays out and results in the death of a character some of us would have died to protect. Therein lies one of the greatest insults we, as gamers, face.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Palador.2170

Meat shield.

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Swift.1930

Meat shield.

Ah, gotcha.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Meat shield.

Ah, gotcha.

Aww… I like Braham. He’s the only one who revives me in any mission with him, unlike Destiny’s Edge who just stand by and gawk. Apparently, they’re too high and mighty to get their hands dirty giving me even a little life-massaging.

(Incidentally, why is the word ‘r e s s e s’ censored?)

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Swift.1930

Meat shield.

Ah, gotcha.

Aww… I like Braham. He’s the only one who revives me in any mission with him, unlike Destiny’s Edge who just stand by and gawk. Apparently, they’re too high and mighty to get their hands dirty giving me even a little life-massaging.

Haha. But seriously, he doesn’t really seem to actually do anything except run off and make you follow him/overtake him/wait for him until you can start the next mission phase.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Meat shield.

Ah, gotcha.

The word, “who,” followed by the first three letters of, “resses,” creates a new word referencing the world’s oldest profession.

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Swift.1930

Meat shield.

Ah, gotcha.

The word, “who,” followed by the first three letters of, “resses,” creates a new word referencing the world’s oldest profession.

Curiously, though, “who” wasn’t censored.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Meat shield.

Ah, gotcha.

Oh wow. Didn’t spot that. xD

(edited by Zoltar MacRoth.7146)

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Posted by: Ephemiel.5694

Ephemiel.5694

So both Eir AND Traeherne are dead thanks to Mordremoth.

Things aren’t looking so good for the Pact and Destiny’s Edge, we still got 4 Elder Dragons to go and one of them is underwater [ironically, there’s some old concept art of Eir fighting a huge creature underwater with a sword].

Who is next on the chopping block? Likely Zojja. Who else could die after Eir of all people but her?

“Would you kindly?”

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Swift.1930

Things aren’t looking so good for the Pact and Destiny’s Edge, we still got 4 Elder Dragons to go and one of them is underwater [ironically, there’s some old concept art of Eir fighting a huge creature underwater with a sword].

Who is next on the chopping block? Likely Zojja. Who else could die after Eir of all people but her?

Hey, it wasn’t Eir in that concept art, it was my Norn ranger. Seriously… why would you try and take my prophecy from me! =P

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Traeherne’s not dead forever. Before he died, he gave me one of his seeds, which I’m going to plant in the Grove and when he’s reborn I’ll raise him as my very own son and teach him the ways of the Force.

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Swift.1930

Eir, Traeherne, Logan… not to mention personal story companions in the Lion’s Arch battle part, right?

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Well, Eir and Logan aren’t plants, so no seeds – but the Asura have some cloning technologies…

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Swift.1930

Hahaha, no, we don’t want to revive Logan. Best to keep cloning devices under wraps for now.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Ephemiel.5694

Logan’s not dead. After the “i’ll sacrifice myself for you all” moment before the fight with Zhaitan, they won’t kill him for a while.

“Would you kindly?”

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Swift.1930

Logan’s not dead. After the “i’ll sacrifice myself for you all” moment before the fight with Zhaitan, they won’t kill him for a while.

Oh, he didn’t die? I misremembered then.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Ephemiel.5694

Apparently him and Zojja are “missing”.

“Would you kindly?”

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

First, I’d like to say that her death annoyed me. Not like “oh I’m so going to kill Mordy now!!!!” My anger was fully focused on the dev’s for how disappointing and poorly done the story telling was. Hopefully they can redeem themselves and bring Eir’s back as an explanation for the Celestial Avatar.

Besides most of what been written, how many of us could have saved her? We have NPC’s and the player with vast abilities. Kasmeer alone could have easily saved her. Then add Super Rytlock and none of it makes a lick of sense.

Considering the sheer price of this expansion, I expected a lot more from the story than this.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Ephemiel.5694

It’s a bit obvious that Anet wants to eventually replace Destiny’s Edge with the “new generation” [Taimi, Kasmeer, Marjory, Braham and Rox].

Why else kill both Traeherne and Eir, have both Zojja and Logan MIA and still keep us in the dark about Caithe’s loyalty?

“Would you kindly?”

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

It’s a bit obvious that Anet wants to eventually replace Destiny’s Edge with the “new generation” [Taimi, Kasmeer, Marjory, Braham and Rox].

Why else kill both Traeherne and Eir, have both Zojja and Logan MIA and still keep us in the dark about Caithe’s loyalty?

If I could just touch on Caithe for a second, can we put her on trial or something? After the stunt she pulled I am never trusting her with anything ever again.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

If I could just touch on Caithe for a second, can we put her on trial or something? After the stunt she pulled I am never trusting her with anything ever again.

Oh, come on..
I could trust her with holding knives.
..with her kidneys.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Agemnon.4608

Noooooooo!!!! I will protect Zojja even if it kills me! :( That cute magnificent genius is too good for killing off. If Anet made Zojja plushes I’d buy all my relatives Zojja plushes for Christmas, I don’t care about the 12 dollar shipping! :D Playing through the Asura story line a few times made me really wanna get justice for her and she seems quite sensitive and easily hurt. Despite being an Asura she seems like the most human member of Destiny’s Edge.

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Ephemiel.5694

Yet it’s a little obvious they want to replace Zojja with Taimi just like they did with Eir and her son.

“Would you kindly?”

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I’m hoping Logan. Least favorite character after Trahearne.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Posted by: Sanity Points.8073

Sanity Points.8073

Death to all of Destiny’s Edge!

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Agemnon.4608

Except Zojja, she’s nice ^_^

Taimi can replace Eir and the rest of Destiny’s Edge 2.0 can drop dead for all I care they’re all wooden and Canath I actively despise just like Faolin before him.

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

In chapter 6 of the HoT story, Prisoners of the Dragon when Eir is defeated by a minion of Mordremoth as much as this was foreshadowed, her legacy and her honour have, I feel, been disgraced.

First and foremost Eir was Norn and for over 200 years Norn have been known to be great solo Hunters and Eir was firm in her role in during the start of young Norn’s in guiding them to build their own legends.

Eir was a fierce and strong ally with Wisdom enough to have once lead Divinity’s Edge.

Eir may have been a little weakened from being imprisonment and was clearly worse for wear but with her Totem spirit being Wolf I believe she would have conserved her Strength and even though stabbed by Faolin, she still gave as good as she got.

To see Eir being impaled in to a nearby tree without one last fight, however futile, is what bring disgrace to her Legacy and in my eyes, even if Eir knew the fight was already lost she would have relished that one last chance to go out fighting with tooth and claw.

Eir could have Become the Wolf and entered a Blood Frenzy to recoup some of her strength, Eir could have and indeed should have gone out fighting, with her honour as a Norn intact.

Eir deserves a Heroes death as she also deserves a Heroes Remembrance.

Eir had no water and no food for days. She didn’t have any weapons and was stabbed Faloin. She also did not have Garm. She stated she was praying to Wolf for help, we showed up. That’s what Wolf did. Other than that, Eir is a mortal we don’t know if she was tortured but if you look at her face…it has been beaten up. Even in this state, her accuracy was enough to throw the thorn at Faolin crippling her (which takes skill). I think her death portrayal was fine…

HOWEVER, I am upset at one person in that story and that is Rytlock Brimstone. Why? Because, he told Eir to go on a separate path with Faolin. With Eir weaken and Faolin being severely twisted it was a bad imo. Yes, the other path looked safe but staying with Braham and the others would have been better imo. Safety in numbers.

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

reapex.8546

I’m hoping Logan. Least favorite character after Trahearne.

Logan will probably stay alive, Trahearne was basically Rurik imo.

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Posted by: CountzuCrytus.7256

CountzuCrytus.7256

What if they killed Eir to have her be the next Elite Specialization Legend for Revenants? We could use the longbow

You’re not too far off on that basis.
Eir’s death is the official birth of the Dragon Hunter (lore wise).
Her son a well known Guardian picks up his mother’s bow and uses the death as a means and motivation to hunt the Elder Dragons.

Eir was my favorite of Destiny Edge, my only question is… What happened to Garm?

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Posted by: Astra Lux.2846

Astra Lux.2846

So, I’m guessing Braham will resurface with his mom’s bow as a Dragonhunter. I do not like Destiny’s Edge is being phased our by DE 2.0. Or rather how it is happening. I like Braham more than I expected, but…

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Her son a well known Guardian picks up his mother’s bow and uses the death as a means and motivation to hunt the Elder Dragons.

Except he never used her bow after her death.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Posted by: Daralii.8940

Daralii.8940

They can’t figure out how to get us to like DE2 as much as or more than DE, so they’ll just kill off DE.

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Posted by: stuffystuffs.8360

stuffystuffs.8360

So, I’m guessing Braham will resurface with his mom’s bow as a Dragonhunter. I do not like Destiny’s Edge is being phased our by DE 2.0. Or rather how it is happening. I like Braham more than I expected, but…

Except for Rytlock…they’ll never get rid of him.

Of course, he’s the one I like the least :P

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Rytlock seemed much more personable in the Personal Story. He seems unnecessarily condescending and rude now.

Not sure why they decided to change his personality.

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

After reading some comments you people are leading me to believe you honestly thought this new Anet team was capable of writing a decent story.

After the travesty that was the “living world” updates and “living world season 2” you would think almost everyone would understand the very low ceiling that is their writing potential. The only thing this new writing team knows how to do is pander and I will give credit where credit is due; they pander well.

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Palador.2170

After reading some comments you people are leading me to believe you honestly thought this new Anet team was capable of writing a decent story.

After the travesty that was the “living world” updates and “living world season 2” you would think almost everyone would understand the very low ceiling that is their writing potential. The only thing this new writing team knows how to do is pander and I will give credit where credit is due; they pander well.

I… dislike what you say, but can not refute it. Now I feel like a fool for expecting more from them.

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Palador.2170

Rytlock seemed much more personable in the Personal Story. He seems unnecessarily condescending and rude now.

Not sure why they decided to change his personality.

It starts to change once you’re out of the charr story, actually. He starts off pretty awesome, but once the rest of DE enters the picture, he becomes a jerk. He just gets worse over time, by and large.

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

reapex.8546

Except he never used her bow after her death.

He’ll probably use it in time.

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Ok, so after replaying the story mode on another character, I paid more attention to this scene.

First, the fact still remains that she most likely got wounded after the crash. You can argue about our reality vs the games, but the game has its own reality as well. And since we can die from fall damage, so can she be hurt or killed by it too.

More on her injuries, we can assume there is some internal damage from before, but its kinda hard to show that from the outside other than bruising. But we do see she has a black eye and blood on her face. Also, with the game’s rating, there is only so much they can show.

Next up, being starved and dehydrated for DAYS. We don’t know the exact number since the crash and finding her, so we know it has to be 2+. Attribute to that they were forced to march as well, with injuries, and hungry.

Finally, count the newest injury from Faolin stabbing her. We’ve seen her take a hit before, and pretty much shrug it off or recover pretty fast. Here, she seems to just struggle to pull out the thorn. Heck, I think the most unbelievable part was her perfect aim at this point hitting Faolin.

Now, the creature approaches behind her, and she nods to Brahm, knowing. Now, what does she know? She is going to die? Or understanding the creature is behind her? Well, Brahm shouts it, the creatures falls behind, the screen shakes, so it wasn’t quiet, so it leads me to she was starting to accept her fate that she may not come out of this alive (note, NOT giving up).

Now, she turns and faces the beast, and its the look of determination. In other words, YES she is ready to fight despite her condition, or at least go down fighting.

And then she gets stabbed with the tail. Maybe if she was at her peak condition, it may have grazed her and been a moderate wound. But anet was clearly showing she wasn’t anywhere near peak condition, and in pretty bad condition. She was most likely expecting a front attack with the head or claws, not the tail.

Now, as for everyone pointing out “but she’s an action hero! She did this and this in the book!”, let me ask you this: What makes you think she DIDN’T do that already to stop being captured, or to help Pact members flee as they were surrounded? I am gonna assume she gave it her all to take down the Mordrem that captured her, because chances are at the time, she probably thought they just wanted to kill her. So she already went all out before hand and was STILL taken down eventually.

To sum up:
Fighting turn sylvarie on the ship, surviving a crash, fighting for her life against the mordrem, starved and dehydrated for days while being forced to march, puncture wound from Faolin. I’m sorry, her being able to fight that beast and survive would’ve been really cheap and basically saying “yes, none of the main NPCs will die.”

If something like this doesn’t kill one, then what would? A drago- oh….

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Posted by: Zabiyaka.2567

Zabiyaka.2567

Except Zojja, she’s nice

Taimi can replace Eir and the rest of Destiny’s Edge 2.0 can drop dead for all I care they’re all wooden and Canath I actively despise just like Faolin before him.

As a Norn player I must say…you are puppy (hate cats) kidding me ? No one can replace Her not even that !@#$%^ Braham.

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

Ephemiel.5694

Ok, so after replaying the story mode on another character, I paid more attention to this scene.

First, the fact still remains that she most likely got wounded after the crash. You can argue about our reality vs the games, but the game has its own reality as well. And since we can die from fall damage, so can she be hurt or killed by it too.

More on her injuries, we can assume there is some internal damage from before, but its kinda hard to show that from the outside other than bruising. But we do see she has a black eye and blood on her face. Also, with the game’s rating, there is only so much they can show.

Next up, being starved and dehydrated for DAYS. We don’t know the exact number since the crash and finding her, so we know it has to be 2+. Attribute to that they were forced to march as well, with injuries, and hungry.

Finally, count the newest injury from Faolin stabbing her. We’ve seen her take a hit before, and pretty much shrug it off or recover pretty fast. Here, she seems to just struggle to pull out the thorn. Heck, I think the most unbelievable part was her perfect aim at this point hitting Faolin.

Now, the creature approaches behind her, and she nods to Brahm, knowing. Now, what does she know? She is going to die? Or understanding the creature is behind her? Well, Brahm shouts it, the creatures falls behind, the screen shakes, so it wasn’t quiet, so it leads me to she was starting to accept her fate that she may not come out of this alive (note, NOT giving up).

Now, she turns and faces the beast, and its the look of determination. In other words, YES she is ready to fight despite her condition, or at least go down fighting.

And then she gets stabbed with the tail. Maybe if she was at her peak condition, it may have grazed her and been a moderate wound. But anet was clearly showing she wasn’t anywhere near peak condition, and in pretty bad condition. She was most likely expecting a front attack with the head or claws, not the tail.

Now, as for everyone pointing out “but she’s an action hero! She did this and this in the book!”, let me ask you this: What makes you think she DIDN’T do that already to stop being captured, or to help Pact members flee as they were surrounded? I am gonna assume she gave it her all to take down the Mordrem that captured her, because chances are at the time, she probably thought they just wanted to kill her. So she already went all out before hand and was STILL taken down eventually.

To sum up:
Fighting turn sylvarie on the ship, surviving a crash, fighting for her life against the mordrem, starved and dehydrated for days while being forced to march, puncture wound from Faolin. I’m sorry, her being able to fight that beast and survive would’ve been really cheap and basically saying “yes, none of the main NPCs will die.”

You’re adding real logic to an MMO. By that logic, if an Elementalist hits me with any fire spell, i’m screwed.

“Would you kindly?”

Eir's Story [Spoilers]

reapex.8546

To sum up:

Great post, added on to my original thoughts earlier.