Ele and Engi weapon swap

Ele and Engi weapon swap

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Swellmeister.1324

Swellmeister.1324

Now this a a dicey topic, as we all know that engineers and Elementalist would be OP with a weapon swap in combat. but I don’t give a rat’s kitten about that. What I want is that Engineers especially, but Elementalists too, be allowed to have a weapon swap for when they are outside of combat. use the mechanism as every other class, except they cant switch in combat. I want to be able to thrash a foe, with my hammer, then go trotting off, switching to my rifle, without having to open my inventory.

Ele and Engi weapon swap

Swellmeister.1324

huh, rat’s kitten. that is odd

Ele and Engi weapon swap

Posted by: sharkswithlazers.7632

sharkswithlazers.7632

Yeah, they censor cuss words. I hear what you’re saying though. They probably won’t, all you have to do is open your hero menu, and what you’re asking for takes work and coding so we can be just like… a little bit lazier.

Ele and Engi weapon swap

Posted by: Gwen.1935

Gwen.1935

I don’t see that comming, however it would be good if you can put all your weapons in a slot and just press an “active” button to equip it. a feature like that would bennefit all classes, and would really help to not put your secondary weapon constantly in between your trash in the bag.

Ele and Engi weapon swap

Posted by: Theloseronian.2075

Theloseronian.2075

You could resize your inventory so that a single bar is visible and having all your weapons in the visible slots. Not quite the same as an additional action bar, but it might work.

Ele and Engi weapon swap

Posted by: Magnus Godrik.5841

Magnus Godrik.5841

I would love this, but it will make it a little unfair to the other classes. Elementals can switch to 4 sets of moves with the press of the f keys so that would make it a total of 40 if there was a weapon swap. The engineers has kits which can make it to 20 moves. For this to be fair they would have to give the other classes at least 1 more set of weapons on swap. If that happens the new complaint would be elementals and engineers would need a 3rd set as well. Anet will never win in whatever they decide to do.

Ele and Engi weapon swap

Posted by: ArtemusHunter.9521

ArtemusHunter.9521

I would love this, but it will make it a little unfair to the other classes. Elementals can switch to 4 sets of moves with the press of the f keys so that would make it a total of 40 if there was a weapon swap. The engineers has kits which can make it to 20 moves. For this to be fair they would have to give the other classes at least 1 more set of weapons on swap. If that happens the new complaint would be elementals and engineers would need a 3rd set as well. Anet will never win in whatever they decide to do.

Engineer would be more tbh.

weapon swap: 10
6-0 slots for kits(5×5, med kit heal/mortor kit elite): 25
f1-f5: 5

So Engineer would also be 40 skills, technically.
But as it stands, Engineer is only able to have 35 without weapon swap.. o.o

IGN: Floyd Hunter
TheRavingNecromancer.tumblr.com

Ele and Engi weapon swap

Posted by: Magnus Godrik.5841

Magnus Godrik.5841

Sorry forgot those. You can add more to the elemental if you count the conjure weapons.

Ele and Engi weapon swap

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Elementalists are more than healthy right now. If you want to argue why less than 10% will roll Tempest I’ll listen, anything else is noise. Your class is at the top.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Ele and Engi weapon swap

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Both of you.

The OP said out of combat. Which means, not fighting, so no extra skills. (And you can’t just back up a couple of steps and be out of combat. Whatever you’re fighting has to be dead or no longer actively trying to reach you and you can’t have any conditions on you or your health not yet regenerated).

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Ele and Engi weapon swap

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

you actually have weaponswap outside combat. Open your inventory and double click on a weapon. Done.

Ele and Engi weapon swap

Swellmeister.1324

you actually have weaponswap outside combat. Open your inventory and double click on a weapon. Done.

That is what the complaint was. just a way to switch weapons without opening the inventory.

Ele and Engi weapon swap

Swellmeister.1324

Yeah, they censor cuss words. I hear what you’re saying though. They probably won’t, all you have to do is open your hero menu, and what you’re asking for takes work and coding so we can be just like… a little bit lazier.

I kenw they censored, just commenting on the strange terminology. Rats tend not to have kittens, in fact they get eaten by them lol.

the thing with the coding, that is command coding, which is what I know about. Here is how I imagine it is coded:

IF level ten, THEN allow weapon swapping,
Checksum. (to determine the class)
IF Character is Ele or Engi, THEN disable weapon swap.

pretty simple, I know. but all they have to add is a few more lines, making it:

IF level ten, THEN allow weapon swapping.
Checksum. (to determine the class)
IF Character is Ele or Engi, THEN check skill replacement status.
IFF skills can be replaced, THEN allow weapon swap.

My solution, as you can see, was relatively easy to code, if ANet uses command protocol I just used. This solution also allows the change to not effect PvP, as while we may be able to exit combat in PvP, we still cannot change our skills.

Ele and Engi weapon swap

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

I know what the OP said. Ele’s are F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C right now, and have zero need for a weapon swap anywhere. You have twenty skills on a weapon.

TWENTY.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Ele and Engi weapon swap

Posted by: aceboogie.4031

aceboogie.4031

im all in for ooc weapon swap, OR give us an ascended bag slot so swapping from 1 2H to 1 MH 1 OH weapons they dont get lost in the endless sea of irrelevant loot.

Ele and Engi weapon swap

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I know what the OP said. Ele’s are F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C right now, and have zero need for a weapon swap anywhere. You have twenty skills on a weapon.

TWENTY.

O-U-T O-F C-O-M-B-A-T

Did you miss that part of the original post? They aren’t asking for in combat weapon swapping. Just out of combat weapon swapping. Asking for a QOL change, nothing more, nothing less.

Ele and Engi weapon swap

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

The main problem of a similar fix is that when you’re OOC in a sPvP Tournament match you will be allowed to swap weapon.
Is like if a class that is not a engi ro a ele will be able to go OOC and change all it’s defensive weapons with dps weapons to readapt to the current tournament.

What if a cele ele will be able during a tournament to change from melee D/D to Staff to be able to make more AoE damage/support in the mid why the team don’t need it as a melee in the fight?
That will change completly the situation.

Engis and eles (expecially eles) can obtain a incredible amount of skills just swapping attunement or equipping a kit.

Eles can’t change between melee or range, but in range have a large amount of AoE to fight also in melee and in melee have a large amount of movement and fedensive skills to fight also against ranged enemies.
Engis can simply use they’re ranged weapons, that work very well also in melee (expecially the rifle with all it’s bleed/CC that work better in close range than in long range) and if they need a melee or a defence swap to other kits, expecially if they need ranged AoE they can swap to granade or melee AoE to mines.

And what’s all that problem about open for a moment the inventary, double-click on the weapon and equip it? You take more or less 3 seconds to do that!

I really think that there’s no need or a fix like a OOC weapon swap for eles and engis and that will only make troubles to fix it between pve/www and sPvP.

Ele and Engi weapon swap

Posted by: Eirdyne.9843

Eirdyne.9843

I posted something about this some time ago as well. We really ought to be able to have a storage area for weapons that’s separate from our bags.
I mean, how many high end groups demand scepter/dagger then staff swap already? The absence of a swap function is somewhat silly.
I totally agree with Seera and Aceboogie about it. We’re constantly having to fish around through bags full of junk for our weapons in PvE. In WvW I don’t really see the functionality being that important, but in PvE the absence of the weapon swap on either class can get a little irritating. Especially on the Engineer now that we’re getting this hammer bit. I tried the hammer today and constantly thought, "I’d really like my pistol in this situation. The hammer is great, actually, but there’s no way to back off and heal while still staying in the fight.

Ele and Engi weapon swap

Seera.5916

The main problem of a similar fix is that when you’re OOC in a sPvP Tournament match you will be allowed to swap weapon.
Is like if a class that is not a engi ro a ele will be able to go OOC and change all it’s defensive weapons with dps weapons to readapt to the current tournament.

What if a cele ele will be able during a tournament to change from melee D/D to Staff to be able to make more AoE damage/support in the mid why the team don’t need it as a melee in the fight?

Engis and eles (expecially eles) can obtain a incredible amount of skills just swapping attunement or equipping a kit.

Eles can’t change between melee or range, but in range have a large amount of AoE to fight also in melee and in melee have a large amount of movement and fedensive skills to fight also against ranged enemies.
Engis can simply use they’re ranged weapons, that work very well also in melee (expecially the rifle with all it’s bleed/CC that work better in close range than in long range) and if they need a melee or a defence swap to other kits, expecially if they need ranged AoE they can swap to granade or melee AoE to mines.

And what’s all that problem about open for a moment the inventary, double-click on the weapon and equip it? You take more or less 3 seconds to do that!

I really think that there’s no need or a fix like a OOC weapon swap for eles and engis and that will only make troubles to fix it between pve/www and sPvP.

You do realize that they can already do this, right? By opening the hero panel and swapping. What’s so horrible about a QOL change?

And I’d be open to allowing other classes to swap out of combat as well to another set of weapons. So warriors can switch from GS/sword/axe to LB/mace/mace.

Ele and Engi weapon swap

Swellmeister.1324

Regarding that problem in PvP, if you see above, I posted a simple coding above that fixed that. Rather than checking for if the Ele and Engi are in combat, the check would be a different value. Whether or not Skills can be changed. As PvP locks skills once the match begins, it would prevent weapon switching altogether. and in PvE and WvW, skill swap can only occur OOC, thereby allow the change to only affect PvE and WvW.

Ele and Engi weapon swap

Posted by: Pikachu.1829

Pikachu.1829

Ele would be broken with weapon swap lol, staff + d/d

Ele and Engi weapon swap

Posted by: ArtemusHunter.9521

ArtemusHunter.9521

Both of you.

The OP said out of combat. Which means, not fighting, so no extra skills. (And you can’t just back up a couple of steps and be out of combat. Whatever you’re fighting has to be dead or no longer actively trying to reach you and you can’t have any conditions on you or your health not yet regenerated).

Out of combat only weapon swap would be a very dumb move and as such, we – at least I speak for myself for sure here, dunno about Magnus Godrik – would of never even consider it as a logical option.

Think about it;
1. No other class has an out of combat only weapon swap.
2. Revenant’s were supposed to be the Ele/Engi of the Heavy Armor type, but they got a fully functioning weapon swap – not something restricted to ooc.
3. It would be more of a hindrance than anything. It would be the biggest “kitten You!” Anet could give to those classes, and you would soon after see the Engineer and/or Elementalist section’s blow up with

“Y ME NO WEAPON SWAP IN COMBAT ANET?!”

Type of posts. It’s a dumb idea, so we(or maybe just me) instead compared it to the only logical idea. If they ever got a weapon swap, it would be a fully functioning one.

Because Anet wouldn’t be THAT dumb.
Because its dumb to lock it to ooc.

Personally, because they did it to Revenant, I think they should allow the other two access to a second, fully functioning weapon slot for weapon swaps. It’s really dumb how it is right now. Two classes out of 9 can only use one weapon, and the new one was supposed to be that third, but people b*tched and complained and Anet catered.
-.-’

IGN: Floyd Hunter
TheRavingNecromancer.tumblr.com

Ele and Engi weapon swap

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

Doubt they’ll ad something like this just for ele and engi. What they could and should add instead are like gear and build templates you can switch between easily for all classes.

Ele and Engi weapon swap

Posted by: Tregarde.6031

Tregarde.6031

Engineers can already do weapon swaps. They’re called “Kits”

Ele and Engi weapon swap

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

It would be nice for OOC, I don’t see it causing any issues.

Ele and Engi weapon swap

Seera.5916

Both of you.

Out of combat only weapon swap would be a very dumb move and as such, we – at least I speak for myself for sure here, dunno about Magnus Godrik – would of never even consider it as a logical option.

Think about it;
1. No other class has an out of combat only weapon swap.
2. Revenant’s were supposed to be the Ele/Engi of the Heavy Armor type, but they got a fully functioning weapon swap – not something restricted to ooc.
3. It would be more of a hindrance than anything. It would be the biggest “kitten You!” Anet could give to those classes, and you would soon after see the Engineer and/or Elementalist section’s blow up with

“Y ME NO WEAPON SWAP IN COMBAT ANET?!”

Type of posts. It’s a dumb idea, so we(or maybe just me) instead compared it to the only logical idea. If they ever got a weapon swap, it would be a fully functioning one.

Because Anet wouldn’t be THAT dumb.
Because its dumb to lock it to ooc.

Personally, because they did it to Revenant, I think they should allow the other two access to a second, fully functioning weapon slot for weapon swaps. It’s really dumb how it is right now. Two classes out of 9 can only use one weapon, and the new one was supposed to be that third, but people b*tched and complained and Anet catered.
-.-’

I’d be fine with letting the other classes having an out of combat weapon set swap. Would be useful in raids for changing up builds. Especially if the weapon sets you swap between would keep the weapons out of the inventory.

As someone who mains an Elementalist, they should not allow for in combat weapon swaps for Elementalists (I haven’t played Engineer so can’t say how unfair or not that would be). It would be giving Ele’s 20 MORE skills to swap between without much cooldown.